Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
No longer a prepper
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am going to ask this here too since the pistol forum doesn't get as much traffic.

I would like to know if anyone knows of a supplier for 16" pistol barrels of various popular models.

I've been trying to decide for a long time what pistol caliber carbine I wanted, and I've owned a few but I want to play with some other options too.

If a 16" barrel is put on a pistol and a stock is added, it is a legal rifle. From what I understand it can never be changed back into a pistol, but that is fine by me.

I like this idea because then both the pistol and the rifle (if I bought 2 pistols and made 1 into a rifle) would use the same parts and have 100% commonality. I'd get an extra barrel out of the deal for the pistol too.

So... anyone know of a place that sells 16" pistol barrels?

·
What Smell?
69 Posts
Big Bucks! Just get an UZI, folding stock, interchangeable barrels, easy to suppress, accurate to a hundred yards, cheap ammo, high capacity mags...

·
No longer a prepper
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big Bucks! Just get an UZI, folding stock, interchangeable barrels, easy to suppress, accurate to a hundred yards, cheap ammo, high capacity mags...
That's not what I asked but thanks for your opinion. :)

I'm not interested in an Uzi, though.

I want to make a unique project gun.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Eat your heart out, Ned Buntline...

·
No longer a prepper
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good stuff so far, guys.

The 1911 combo looks very promising at this point but I was hoping to do a 9mm version with either a weapon I already have or one I wouldn't mind owning - like a Sig 226.

·
No longer a prepper
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually BB, if that article above is correct you can switch it back to a pistol.
Meh. Legally you might be able to, but I'm really nervous about messing with things that aren't necessary and could send me to jail.

AFT appeals go to the ATF... with predictable results. So I really don't want those guys mad at me for any reason whatsoever.

Anyway, I was just thinking about this problem and I doubt this would be possible with a Sig 226 or similar gun because of the tilting barrel. The action would not permit it.

It would probably be better to just get a Kel Tec Sub2000 set to accept Sig 226 mags.

I'm actually thinking about getting a Beretta 92, a Sub2000 with 92 mags, and converting my XD mags to fit in both. Then I would have 3 weapon systems that all take the same mags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts