Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
S&W Fan
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm fairly interested in maybe starting to reload some 12 gauge shells. I'm not looking to make a TON of shells, but just maybe a box or two on a rainy day. Whats something to look for in a single-stage reloader, and what are some brands and models I should be looking at. Thank you,

Brandon

·
Registered
571 Posts
MEC 600 jr is what I started on. Course I did a little more than a box or two before I upgraded to a progressive. The Mec will allow you to easily load various buck shot too.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Reactions: Maverick88

·
Registered
645 Posts
+ 1 on the lee presses. I don't reload my self, but I did alot of research before I decided it wasn't cost effective for me. I'm still keep my spent shells as a habit, I may change my mind later. Reloading has it's definate advantages, they just aren't always in cost.

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
The MEC 650Jr is a great press to start on. I could do about 100 shells an hour after I got everything set up... When I was shooting a lot I'd stand there and load shells until I ran out of something, primers, shot, powder or casings... it was a great way to spend time on my hobby without leaving the house.

Allan

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
I started years ago and then I bought the lee load all that does a great job and it is cheap also… I take it with me to the range and will reload some at the trap site in between rounds..

For home I have a few, even though I have two I stopped using the progressive loaders since they sometimes fail and if shooting in comp, it will cost you a score. So I still use the mec 600jr, great loader and I load around 1000 shells a week during the trap season…

1 - 6 of 6 Posts