Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this email advertisement

9rds - 12 Gauge Flame Thrower Ammo $49.95

This is 12 gauge flame thrower ammunition. This ammo is loaded with Titanium Sponge. This 12 Ga. Flame Thrower ammunition produces an enormous wall of sparks and extremely hot Titanium flakes for 100+ feet. The Titanium flakes contained inside burns when fired at over 3000 degrees fahrenheit, showering your target in a momentary wall of hot Titanium flakes. WARNING! This ammunition is an EXTREME fire hazard. Do not shoot in any dry grass, foliage, trees, or near flammable materials. Please use extreme caution. This ammo is extremly dangerous and deadly. This ammo can be shot in any 12 gauge shotgun that excepts 23/4" shells. This ammo will not do any damage to your weapon.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catal...e-thrower-ammo/cName/12-gauge-specialtyexotic

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
we got ahold of some dragons breath rounds a few years ago.we decided how fun it would be to fire a couple.Theres no better way to celebrate New Years.And also,theres no better way to set the woods on fire and half to carry buckets of water for half the night.ah, the memories.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think they were used, but I didn't think Flechette were used as well.

we had the flechette's nasty little buggers.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we got ahold of some dragons breath rounds a few years ago.we decided how fun it would be to fire a couple.Theres no better way to celebrate New Years.And also,theres no better way to set the woods on fire and half to carry buckets of water for half the night.ah, the memories.
now that would have made a good video ya'll toting water all night. Country fried Video look out here comes JRNC. Ohhhh yea. :)

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Yea, the flechette's were wicked. We used them in the shotguns , the M79's and the 155 howitzer. I remember the Dragon's Breath round never saw one used in Nam. I have 4 being saved for the right event. We fired one over the water last July, a hundred foot flame

·
Gunsmith
203 Posts
they had bolo rounds, chain mail, and a ton of other weird ones most specialty magazines had a page with them. Never did order any :)

·
Whippersnapper
2,664 Posts
I can't see any real use for them for the likes of us civvies. apart from a bit of fun of cource.

I suppose military use would be ignighting flamable brush and buildings and room clearing?
Honestly, i am wanting to learn. what uses would it have?

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
I remember hearing that the dragons breath rounds (white phosphorous rounds) are real hell on the integrity of the barrel. I would be very careful with using those. Still pretty cool from the stories I heard.

As for what they would be used for, the same reason the military has them for, to fight zombies of course.

Reactions: Beaniemaster2

·
Shooter, Hiker, & Camper
256 Posts
Back when I was young and dumb, my buddy and I had some of these, and also the tear gas shotgun shells. He had a Franchi SPAS shotgun in his car, and it was pouring rain outside. He decides he wants to shoot a tear gas shell to see what would happen, so he gets me to roll down my window, chambers a shell, and sticks the barrel out my window. He pulls the trigger, and poof, it sounds like a misfire, and nothing comes out of the barrel but then the entire car fills up with tear gas. We both bail out the doors into a torrential downpour, and can't get back in the car for over an hour. :D:

·
Shooter, Hiker, & Camper
256 Posts
I can't see any real use for them for the likes of us civvies. apart from a bit of fun of cource.

I suppose military use would be ignighting flamable brush and buildings and room clearing?
Honestly, i am wanting to learn. what uses would it have?
Setting huts on fire.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
They are neat as hell. My son fired two off the boat over the water last night. Yes, the flame was at least 100 feet. My son is a sucker for stuff like that. He bought 3 boxes of 3 rounds each outside New Orleans for about 54 bucks. I'm told there are not legal to own or shoot in Florida. Bottom line, neat to see but dangerous.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They are neat as hell. My son fired two off the boat over the water last night. Yes, the flame was at least 100 feet. My son is a sucker for stuff like that. He bought 3 boxes of 3 rounds each outside New Orleans for about 54 bucks. I'm told there are not legal to own or shoot in Florida. Bottom line, neat to see but dangerous.

What no video ?? :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts