Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I saw in mythbusters the started a fire with ice. Used a big ball of it to concentrate the sunlight and set fire to a piece of paper/tinder. And used black powder and a fire bow and all that kind of stuff.

·
New Days New Tribes
758 Posts
It's interesting from a hobby perspective, and I guess the more you know, the better the bases are covered. But I'm getting the idea from my research into combatives that less is usually more. Know your bioregion, choose 3 methods and drill them (accidental pun) repeatedly.

·
Darting from the shadows
5,760 Posts
I saw in mythbusters the started a fire with ice. Used a big ball of it to concentrate the sunlight and set fire to a piece of paper/tinder. And used black powder and a fire bow and all that kind of stuff.
I saw that episode.
They polished the ice into a lens like a big magnifying glass.
I thought it was quite ingenious. :thumb:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Without my Swedish firesteel I think I'd be stuck.

On the plus side I do carry it pretty much everywhere ;) I just recently discovered that the saw blade on my Swiss Army Knife is much better than the provided striker for getting good sparks off it.

I am down to a a ball and a half of my Vaseline soaked cotton wool tinder, I'll need to make some more. A little bit goes a long way on the plus side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts