Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We came up with lots of uses for a shower curtain, so I thought maybe we could do the same with a bucket.
Here's mine:

store water, food, or preps
transport food, water, preps, waste, etc
turn upside down and cover plants to keep them from freezing
cover and seal and bury preps
poke holes in it and use as a strainer to catch fish

·
Who is John Galt?
585 Posts
If you can use it for that, then go ahead and mention it. I don't drink, but hey, it might come in as handy knowledge for someone someday.:)
I just meant that since we usually are talking about needs vs wants, making beer (using the time and resources if things go bad) would not be near the top of the list of things to use the bucket for....but that is how I do it now.....

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just meant that since we usually are talking about needs vs wants, making beer (using the time and resources if things go bad) would not be near the top of the list of things to use the bucket for....but that is how I do it now.....
Knowledge of beer making would be very valuable for WTSHTF. Once you know the basics you can make beer out of most anything. 5 gal buckets for homebrewing are a must. I have several with spigots.

·
531 Posts
- Drill some holes, use one for a camp shower.
- Using 2 buckets, a drill, some sealant, window screen, rocks, sand, weeds and charcoal, you can make a decent water filter. Probably something you want to do ahead of the SHTF, but from what I've seen it works well.

·
Registered
816 Posts
-poke holes in the bottom and use as a shower
- use as latrine with plastic bags
- cover with plastic and use as a solar still
- rain catcher
- Small animal trap (with minimal modifications)
- turn upside down and use as stool or seat

they are useful, that's for sure

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
a step stool for light people like myself. a seat for a 4 year old a piece to a water filtration systema bucket water wheel part of a solar water purifier seal the openning and tie a weight to the handle and depending on the lenght of the rope tied to the weight i could be used as a bouy. dirll a 1/4" hole in the bottom and fill with one gallon of water and you have a 1 minute timer. 5 gallons = 5 minute egg timer.

need to time for 10 minutes make a hole 1/8" and fill with five gallons you get the idea

·
Registered
68 Posts
According to the warning label on the side, you can drown babies in 'em. I'm sure they could be adapted in a pinch to drowing older children... maybe even adults with a bit of effort.
(disclaimer... It's a joke)
Ha, good one.

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
We use them for the following:

Laundry washing tub (good size for small loads using the rapid washer-see picture)
Toy storage
Camping storage
Shower and toilet
Planters
Seats for the kids
Ammo storage
Feed / Water buckets for animals
Feed storage for animals
5 day food buckets (fill with all the fixins for 5 days meals)

Attachments

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
I know it has been said before, but pooper. Ours is a seat from a lugable loo (About $10 on sale at big five, with the bucket, then we use peat moss to cover the poop. In a year, it gets composted enough to dump on some trees. (Some swear you can use it in your garden, but no thanks)

Also, I take and old t-shirt, fold it up to fit on top of the bucket, then bungie cord a bandana around the top. Real quick shop seating when extra friends show up.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts