Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently another member posted a thread about a product called The water BOB. It is a 100 gallon bladder designed to fit into your bath tub in an emergency. I bought one and here is what I found out.

Water BOB is available from www.waterbob.com. 19.95 each, buy 4 get #5 free. Shipping was 4.95, shipped priority mail from Florida.

NOTE: I did not fill mine with water because it's a single use item and I don't think drying it out will be very easy.

The Water BOB arrived today. 2 business days shipping. The carton weighed a whopping two pounds. The box has very clear instructions on how to use it. It also says on the box that it is intended to be a one time use item.

Opening the box and everything is there, including the hand pump. The plastic is a little thicker than the heaviest Zip Lock Bag. You wont want to try to fill it up in the back of your truck and haul water with you.

The seams are sealed very well, so it looks like a strong set up.

After it was rolled out to look at, getting it rolled back up was like trying to re-fold a road map. But I got it back into the box.

To use it you simply roll it out in your tub with the filler on the same end of the tub as the faucet. Put the filler on the faucet, wrap a rubberband around it to hold it on and turn on the water.

as it fills up, straighten the bladder so it's in the tub straight. Once the water gets to the level of the top of the tub voila.

There is a screw cap in the middle of the bag to attach the pump.

Pretty simple and it looks strong enough.

I'd say it was well worth the $25.00.

It would be very easy to build a box instead of using the tub. Just make sure there are no sharp spots to poke a hole. I'm going to email the company to get the dimensions of the bag and look into it.

I hope this helps.

Roger
AKA
SgtBooker44

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd be interested to see what the company has to say about lifespan of the water and the plastic. Sure beats finding out your bathtub drain plug is malfunctioning at the wrong time...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Water BOB

Ok, I must admit that Water BoB was very cool. I actually did not know they had something like that. I have often thought how I would feel about drinking funky bathtub water in a crisis but now there's WATER BOB.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I bought 2 a while ago and love the concept. No more 5 gallon water jugs, etc. Just 10 minutes of water into the bath tub and I will have 200 gallons of fresh water. :thumb:

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
I have two as well. if you want to get more and run out of bathtubs I would imagine you could reinforce it with duct tape to keep it from exploding.

·
Capability, not scenarios
12,084 Posts
You can also try the Aquapod, same deal. A bit cheaper than the Water Bob. I have three of them:

http://www.aquapodkit.com/

Including shipping, I rec'd 3 Aquapods plus the pump for $39.99.

·
Proverbs 26:4
2,112 Posts
That's a lot of water if you can fill it up before the water service stops.
That is the key right there.
Good concept and I wouldn't mind having one or two but risky to rely on for your main water supply.

·
One of the Good Guys
268 Posts
I bought the 5 for price of 4 and gave some away to my prep group as Christmas gifts last year. They were all very appreciative. The manufacturer states that the water is good (potable) for up to 1 month. They don't recommend reusing them because they are difficult to dry out and mold/bacteria could grow in them while in storage if they were already used once. I can see washing it out with a safe sanitizing treatment, but sure would be hard to dry it out effectively.

·
Anyone?
3,673 Posts
Cool concept, but I'd like it better if it was reusable.

Storm coming - fill it up.
Okay, false alarm, power stayed on.... throw it out, buy a new one. :(

I've been through a couple of storms and we've never had our water shut off.

Again - good idea, but should be reusable.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think it's a great product to have on hand to supplement your water supply in the event of a crisis; I don't think you should rely on it in place of your traditional pre-filled water containers. What if you're not at home when the power/water shuts off and it's too late to fill them by the time you get back?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Assuming you have notice that water is going to be cutoff.
You know what happens when you assume. A lot of people have wells and generators. For that scenario the WaterBob is a pretty good solution. Having large quantities of water stored beforehand. isn't necessary. If you don't have a well, then you should certainly store more water in advance.

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
This product is simply REQUIRED in all of your houses. Not as the only plan for water, but if you have notice you can have 100 gallons x bath tubs in house. It's silly not to get some if you can find them.

·
I didn't do it
578 Posts
I live in hurricane country, the water bob sounds cool...every time ive been in a hurricane, ive always filled both of my tubs up with water (the drain plugs always worked)...i figured if worst came to worst it would be drinkable. i usually have at least 20 gallons of bottled water stored away too....also, you can use the water out of the back of the toilet...i would purify that first though..

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.