Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What kind of alternate reality do managers and upper management live in? Europe alone hit 100,000 dead, and the worlds largest retailer finally tells employees to wear mask.

Then again, didn't the CDC say wearing mask in public did not help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.

Why do companies have to wait until things get critical to make such simple changes?

Attachments

·
Possum Lover
15,606 Posts
Paratransit drivers in Houston were specifically told NOT to wear masks or to ask their clients to. They were not allowed to refuse a trip if the client was sick.

And so far 2 drivers have gotten sick. Each driver gets about 25 clients a day so you can imagine how that's going to spread.

Thank God they shut down all the adult day cares because that's a great spreader, riding to and from every day and then a dozen or so limited adults in close proximity for several hours.

·
D. Gibbons is a bad man
5,449 Posts
What kind of alternate reality do managers and upper management live in? Europe alone hit 100,000 dead, and the worlds largest retailer finally tells employees to wear mask.

Then again, didn't the CDC say wearing mask in public did not help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.

Why do companies have to wait until things get critical to make such simple changes?
Like Wutang said CREAM Cash Rules Everything Around Me,

·
Registered
245 Posts
As of last Tuesday, our Walmart here in Fayetteville, Arkansas still had not supplied their "associates" with masks or hand sanitizer! These are the very people that work for crap wages, 32 hour maximum hours per week so Walmart doesn't have to pay them any benefits as they're not "full time" employees! I have nothing but the utmost disdain for Walmart execs who continue to use people to their own advantage as in indentured servants and are too friggin' cheap to provide their employees with masks and sanitizer! These execs are so money hungry for profits at any cost they risk the lives of their employees and customers because it would be too expensive to provide these items! Best of luck to ANY union that can fix this disgusting abuse of Walmart's labor force!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Guess. uz I'm old I just don't care but my take on a mask at work would be to wear one regardless what my manager said. Sure go ahead and fire me my lawyer is waiting.
What do you think would happen in a jury trial?
I also don't think unemployment would give me any grief.

·
Forum Administrator
16,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coronavirus unemployment

I also don't think unemployment would give me any grief.
A security guard I know who has asthma quit because he had to start taking temps of everyone who went through the gate.

He got unemployment.

·
Dog Whisperer
305 Posts
I work for a large retail company (that shall remain nameless) that just recently started providing crappy masks to its employees. I've been wearing my own mask since the second week of March. My manager wouldn't let me wear it without getting corporate's approval, which I did. I would NOT have continued working without my mask, and I WOULD have sought legal counsel.

·
Run Silent, Run Dark
885 Posts
Masks are still hard to come by. I have been rationing n95's and finally pulled the trigger on some homemade, washable masks.

Been wearing a mask for the last four weeks at work and grocery. We had a box of surgical masks, too.

Heard that business's in states that are mandating face pro are have trouble getting them; Pennsylvania, for example.

When we put back n95's, it was only 16 masks.

·
Its a Hoax Folks
3,015 Posts
You'd think Walmart employees would be dropping like flies by now since they haven't worn masks all this time... Every time I shop there I wonder how it is they work with the public all day long and don't get sick.

Some things have me scratching my head more and more these days.

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
You'd think Walmart employees would be dropping like flies by now since they haven't worn masks all this time... Every time I shop there I wonder how it is they work with the public all day long and don't get sick.

Some things have me scratching my head more and more theses days.
My guess is you'd have to look at it state by state and city by city. How many Walmart employees in NYC got sick, versus how many Walmart employees in BFE Kansas got sick.

The percentages probably follow the rest of the community.

As a side note, Costco has had their employees, in the local stores here, in masks and gloves and behind plastic screens for a month.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
IMO: The ONLY way the COVID-19 virus will disappear is if mask are dictated/enforced to be worn in public, but whereas many in public are rebellous/stubborn I don' see that happening, even if Trump or WHO dictates it. So, they'll keep the virus going like the energiziser bunny :xeye:.

That's if the country is ever going to re-open again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts