Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17.97 for members. Sportsmans Guide rules (sometimes). I received my order today. They are good quality, less than 2 bucks a piece, and come with a wind-screen and a fuel bottle. I haven't tried them yet,though, just a little disclaimer there.

·
SKS gunner
193 Posts
I got one and i love mine. I used it a few times when "uncle Gustav" took out the power for a few days. As long as you use the right fuel you wont have much problems out of it. I even used it in doors but i recommend cracking a window while doing so.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I bought those stoves from Sportsmans Guide last fall and gave them away as Christmas presents. Everyone loves them.

I found that if you quickly pour in the alcohol in the center well up to the top, then don't add any more, the amount is perfect. To wait until the alcohol filters away and then adding more results in an overfill.

Also, SLX denatured alcohol works best in them. It's available at Home Depots.

Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
A while back I bought the same stove with a cooking kitthat nestled in the wind shield and like them, adding a small metal disk to partially cover some of he flame will actually let you simmer as well as fully flame.

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
They have many goodies on there site, I found a coupon code that can be used if you sign up for there membership SN553 it will take an additional 10% or $10 off the order depending on how much you order.

Have fun.... I did:thumb:

·
Molōn Labe!
673 Posts
sportsmansguide.com and cheaperthandirt.com both have published discounts all the time. They are usually free shipping, 5 or 10 bucks off, or 5 or 10 percent off. You can find them on survivalblog, Backwoods Home magazine, Mother Earth News, and other related types of sources. In short, they have tons of goodies worth purchasing.

These $2 stoves are a great deal. Buy them to hand out to friends at Xmas or gift them at other times like stocking stuffers or Bdays. You should make some yourself out of cans to understand the build process. Knowing how to build a field expedient stove out of 2 cans is necessary field knowlege in my opinion. These are great buys at $2 primarily due to them including the fuel bottles as well as the screen. Usually, that 3 piece set will run about $10 on sleazebay.

·
Jack of all trades
228 Posts
I just ordered a bunch of stuff from SG yesterday and had those stoves in my cart. I started wondering if they were any good and removed them! Wish I would've left 'em in there now. I will be placing another order soon though.

Roger

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally got them and they work quite well. I like the stove better than the one I made from coke cans because it is much more crush-proof. I will give seven of them out for Christmas and keep three. I ordered 4 matching mess kits that fit down into the wind guard from armynavydeals.com. I will post how well they work after I get them, though being Swedish I expect them to do well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts