Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read many threads on many boards over the years about ,"What preps would you buy if you had $xxxx.xx?"

I would like to be realistic and ask what preps would you buy if you were in the Super-Center and found an extra $10 in your pocket.

I hope we get some good suggestions because starting out in the Prep department can seem like such a major undertaking I think it puts people off.

My suggestions would be a few cases of bottle water and some of those crystal light packs made for 16oz water bottles.

What would you buy?

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
right now- maybe batteries and a box of freezer bags for the next time I make home made MREs

·
Registered
68 Posts
10 bucks

would get you 4 small propane tanks from WalMart right now. They are selling for something like 5.27 per two right now. Or you could get 5 packs of 6 toe warmers (The 10 hour kind), each pack is 1.99 right now.

I've been on a staying warm kick, maybe because it is getting colder. You can also by 2.5 gal of good kerosene from D&B supply for 15 bucks.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,557 Posts
I would go to Kroger's they always have a sale going on of 10 for $10 in something. Last week it was 10 cans of store brand veggies for $10 or you could get 10 cans of Pringles for $10.

Of course last week at WalMart they had 30-30 170gr Remington CoreLokt ammo for $12.97 so... ya always need more ammo.....

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I've read many threads on many boards over the years about ,"What preps would you buy if you had .xx?"

I would like to be realistic and ask what preps would you buy if you were in the Super-Center and found an extra $10 in your pocket.

I hope we get some good suggestions because starting out in the Prep department can seem like such a major undertaking I think it puts people off.

My suggestions would be a few cases of bottle water and some of those crystal light packs made for 16oz water bottles.

What would you buy?
A double pack of the jumbo Jiff peanut butter and a container of chicken boullion.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well lets see, you could get a 10 dollar oil lamp,or quite a few candles,or a few bottles of maxx deet,a brick of .22 ammo,a couple of mountain house propak single meals,you get the idea.At any rate ten bucks at wally world you could get quite a few different things.

·
just doin my job..
421 Posts
I'd probably buy myself a red bull and some reeses pieces and eat them in the parking lot before I got to the car :(

but if I could resist the temptation I'd probably buy some water and some hot chocolate mix or instant coffee.. maybe if I had enough left over I'd get some alcohol or a can of propane/butane

·
Will let you beg for food
793 Posts
I would buy the following:
waxed dental floss (can be used as fishing line, ties, floss etc)
some wool socks (100% wool will keep your feet warm even if wet)
bandaids
mouthwash
salt
laundry soap bars x 8
around here I figured out I would still have 9 cents left over

1 - 20 of 56 Posts