Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am a subscriber to this newsletter, and aside from some really killer photos, it shows some really cool abandoned buildings, trains, tunnels, cities, etc...

Anyway, today's newsletter had some really cool pics and descriptions of hidden rooms and passages. Check it out and subscribe if you think you'll like it...I'm not affiliated with the site in any way except it's cool and I love to see the crazy pics.

http://weburbanist.com/2008/10/13/10-historic-secret-rooms-and-hidden-passages/

*if a more senior member here knows a better section for this to be posted, please feel free.*
That is all....OVER.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
makes me want to watch History Channels, secrets of the underworld.... or play clue

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can switchbades be imported into the states? I want to buy a few of
these http://www.liangdianup.com/automatic_1.htm

But I don't to waste my money if they are gonna get taken by customs
:sleep:
take it somewhere else, pal! this thread is about secret rooms!
I don't think you would have a problem with customs...I believe it's more of a local thing. I know in TX you can have an automatic knife if you are a certified first responder OR of you sing a stupid waiver saying you are a "collector".
Now go away. :D:

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and, BTW, I'd be more concerned about placing an order from china...there are plenty of US made auto openers, and many from european countries that I would trust more with my credit card info. Now, SERIOUSLY, go away already!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hahhahahah-- very cool! I have friends who built a castle (literally!) and they put a secret passage in it. How cool is that??

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
I've been seriously thinking about a way to hide my gunsafe in my house when I do some remodeling. The trick is ending up with the extra space so that it isn't obvious. My main idea so far is to keep it slim and build it into the house in a closet. My main stash would be in an underground "storm" shelter. I'm going to be building a shop and I figured to just build the storm shelter under the shop, then pour my slab over it. I want to make a short tunnel from the house to it and have a entrance to it inside the shop. Whether its a tornado or someone I don't want to meet, scooting through some culvert to the shelter makes sense. Just has to be big enough so that I don't kill myself getting through it.

I'm still working on that part, but all the rest is feasible. I'm thinking I'll need one more exit incase a storm took down the shop and house. Be a bugger to be trapped and no way out.

HiPoopus

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has anyone seen the use of concrete pipe for underground tunnels or bunkers? I know the pic is a bit silly, but wouldn't the stuff be pretty stout for a buried bunker?

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
Has anyone seen the use of concrete pipe for underground tunnels or bunkers? I know the pic is a bit silly, but wouldn't the stuff be pretty stout for a buried bunker?
I always thought that if I built a house to my specs I would throw a few of those pipes in as hidden safes complete with a vault door and fake wall.

My Wife's grand father ran a bowling alley/rooming house when her mother was young, back during prohabition... A handful of years back the city was redoing the street and accidentally dug up the bootleggers tunnel to the place, there were still crates of bath tub gin and home brew beer in the tunnel... None of the family new about the illicit goings on of the old man...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I always thought that if I built a house to my specs I would throw a few of those pipes in as hidden safes complete with a vault door and fake wall.

My Wife's grand father ran a bowling alley/rooming house when her mother was young, back during prohabition... A handful of years back the city was redoing the street and accidentally dug up the bootleggers tunnel to the place, there were still crates of bath tub gin and home brew beer in the tunnel... None of the family new about the illicit goings on of the old man...
that is so cool.

i wish i had a secret passage way.

i love that show cities of the underworld or whatever its called.
those culverts would be cool but how would you install it? it would be a big job! pretty obvious what you would be doing huh?

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
that is so cool.

i wish i had a secret passage way.

i love that show cities of the underworld or whatever its called.
those culverts would be cool but how would you install it? it would be a big job! pretty obvious what you would be doing huh?
when building a new house around here it would be fairly easy as we have basements and you usually dig a ramp for equipment to get into the hole... so it wouldnt be too hard to hide what is being done, only a handful of people really would know...

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah, I have been thinking of ground-up builds, and that it wouldn't be much more difficult for a sub-ground-up build. In this part of Texas, bedrock and water tables keep practically all houses from having basements/cellars. The only time you see sub floors here is when large commercial buildings are going up and major excavation is involved. Still, I'd SO love to have an uderground network of rooms and tunnels. I know, I know...I am starting to turn into one of the goofy roll playing game types...with my "fantasy home" and "what if's"...haha...oh well...one can dream, right?

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
yeah, I have been thinking of ground-up builds, and that it wouldn't be much more difficult for a sub-ground-up build. In this part of Texas, bedrock and water tables keep practically all houses from having basements/cellars. The only time you see sub floors here is when large commercial buildings are going up and major excavation is involved. Still, I'd SO love to have an uderground network of rooms and tunnels. I know, I know...I am starting to turn into one of the goofy roll playing game types...with my "fantasy home" and "what if's"...haha...oh well...one can dream, right?
WHAT THE HELL....

good is life without dreams bro?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts