1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 wounded in shooting inside Philadelphia Kmart

December 2, 2008

FROM THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

PHILADELPHIA -- Philadelphia police say a person has been shot inside a Kmart in northeast Philadelphia.

Detective William Dunn says the victim appears to have suffered a graze wound. The shooting happened around 9:45 a.m.

Police aren't releasing any more information. Investigators are on the scene trying to sort out what happened.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/1309220,philadephia-kmart-shooting-120208.article

Suspect Identified In Philadelphia K-Mart Shooting

PHILADELPHIA (CBS 3) ― Police are searching for a gunman who opened fire in Philadelphia department store Tuesday morning.

Authorities said a victim was shot inside the stock room of a K-Mart on the 8800 block of Frankford Avenue in Torresdale at about 9:30 a.m.

The victim, a 35-year-old male, was apparently trying to intervene during a domestic dispute when he was shot multiple times. He was rushed to Frankford-Torresdale with wounds to his head, hand and chest.

Police are searching nearby residential areas and businesses in hopes of locating the gunman, identified as 30-year-old Anthony Birch.

Early reports described the suspect as being approximately 5'11" tall, last seen wearing a black hat and black hoodie.

No arrests have been made. The incident remains under investigation.

Anthony Birch, 30, is suspected of opening fire in a Philadelphia K-Mart on December 2.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/shooting.kmart.frankford.2.877861.html

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
hhmm first an article about a black mayor, and now an article about a thug in which we get a posted picture showing the guy is black. I'm beginning to see a trend here.
I guess no white or Latino did anything bad this week.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just news FX read it or put your head back in the sand. The guy killed by trampling at Walmart was black and the overwhelming majority of the crowd was black too. Go bother who ever started those threads. Oh yeah it was a news feed.

I didn't find a story of a white or Hispanic shooting someone in a store yet. Rest assured though I will post it if I see it.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
The trend I see these days is the "surge" in gun "crimes" being broadcast and published by the media. Earlier today Fox was broadcasting about this and a mall shooting in Florida.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The trend I see these days is the "surge" in gun "crimes" being broadcast and published by the media. Earlier today Fox was broadcasting about this and a mall shooting in Florida.
I agree with that 100%. There was that other shooting at Toy R Us as well. They ALL are hitting the media. Those of us without our head in the sandbox know what it is leading to.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
I didn't find a story of a white or Hispanic shooting someone in a store yet.
what do stores have to do with anything?

12:00 AM CST on Tuesday, December 2, 2008

By STEVE THOMPSON / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected] / The Dallas Morning News
Marissa Alanis contributed to this report.

Dallas police have arrested six suspects in a string of violent crimes last month that included a kidnapping and at least six robberies.

Two of the suspects are brothers, police said. Robert Cesar Sanchez, 28, and Alfredo Sanchez, 19, were being held Monday in the Dallas County Jail on charges of aggravated robbery and resisting arrest.

Jonathan Garza, 17, and Cesar Esquivel, 17, were also arrested on charges of aggravated robbery.

Two boys, whose names were withheld, were also in custody. The two juveniles are believed to be cousins, police said.

"They're just violent, and we're just glad to get them off the streets," said Lt. Andrew Harvey, a Dallas police spokesman, on Monday night,

The crimes, which began in early November, happened in Old East Dallas and Oak Cliff. In several instances, men were robbed of their cars and other possessions at gunpoint.

In one case, a 46-year-old man was struck on the head, and when he regained consciousness, his hands were duct-taped behind his back. He was robbed of a 2008 Chevrolet van.

In at least two cases, victims told police they'd been beaten with bats.

After a robbery Friday evening, police spotted a black Nissan Altima believed taken at gunpoint. When officers attempted to pull it over on East Grand Avenue, police said, the Sanchez brothers and the two juveniles jumped out and ran but were soon caught and arrested.

Lt. Harvey said the suspects may have been involved in more than 20 offenses.

Staff writer Marissa Alanis contributed to this report.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what do stores have to do with anything?

12:00 AM CST on Tuesday, December 2, 2008

By STEVE THOMPSON / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected] / The Dallas Morning News
Marissa Alanis contributed to this report.

Dallas police have arrested six suspects in a string of violent crimes last month that included a kidnapping and at least six robberies.

Two of the suspects are brothers, police said. Robert Cesar Sanchez, 28, and Alfredo Sanchez, 19, were being held Monday in the Dallas County Jail on charges of aggravated robbery and resisting arrest.

Jonathan Garza, 17, and Cesar Esquivel, 17, were also arrested on charges of aggravated robbery.

Two boys, whose names were withheld, were also in custody. The two juveniles are believed to be cousins, police said.

"They're just violent, and we're just glad to get them off the streets," said Lt. Andrew Harvey, a Dallas police spokesman, on Monday night,

The crimes, which began in early November, happened in Old East Dallas and Oak Cliff. In several instances, men were robbed of their cars and other possessions at gunpoint.

In one case, a 46-year-old man was struck on the head, and when he regained consciousness, his hands were duct-taped behind his back. He was robbed of a 2008 Chevrolet van.

In at least two cases, victims told police they'd been beaten with bats.

After a robbery Friday evening, police spotted a black Nissan Altima believed taken at gunpoint. When officers attempted to pull it over on East Grand Avenue, police said, the Sanchez brothers and the two juveniles jumped out and ran but were soon caught and arrested.

Lt. Harvey said the suspects may have been involved in more than 20 offenses.

Staff writer Marissa Alanis contributed to this report.
You ran out to the internet after my posts calling me a racist to find an article showing a shooting by another minority? Holy crap who is the real racist here FX. You are a bigot racist FX your true colors have now come to light.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Officer finds escaped inmate
Man who ran away from Big Rapids jail discovered in Romulus driving stolen car, then arrested at 7-Eleven.
Christine Ferretti / The Detroit News

ROMULUS -- A mid-Michigan sheriff gives credit to an alert Romulus officer for the Sunday arrest of an inmate who escaped last week from the Mecosta County jail.

Mecosta County Sheriff John Sunntag said the patrol officer looked up and saw the stolen maroon Dodge Intrepid with the suspect -- Jonathon Good -- driving by.

"It happened that quickly. He activated his overheads and the vehicle went into a 7-Eleven and the suspect got out and laid right down on the ground and said 'I'm tired of running,' " Sunntag said. "That was the end of it."

Advertisement

Good, 36, was arraigned in 77th District Court in Big Rapids on felony charges stemming from his escape one day after he was arrested in a 7-Eleven parking lot.

Sunntag sent two deputies to Romulus Sunday and Good was returned to the Mecosta County jail around midnight.

Before his escape, Good was being held on 31 counts including attempted murder, armed robbery and assault with intent to commit murder. The charges came after he was paroled in 2006 after serving a sentence for second-degree murder and armed robbery.

Good was wearing just rubber shoes, a T-shirt and white underwear when he went through a skylight, onto a roof and ran away on Wednesday.

He hid at a fraternity house just two blocks away from the jail near Ferris State University until Sunday when he left the Big Rapids area around 6:30 a.m. and stole the car, police said.

"We had a full staff on this the whole time, even through night hours," Sunntag said. "It was around the clock...checking doors -- some houses four times."

Police said Good traveled to Clinton County to visit an acquaintance and then stopped to see another person he knew in the Detroit area before he was arrested around noon.

The escape was the first for the jail in about 15 years, Sunntag said.

"We were just very happy that no one got injured. We didn't breathe a sigh of relief until we knew he had not hurt anybody," Sunntag said. "Now we will get to work ... seeing how he broke out of jail. We're not the kind that will sit here and hide from it. We're going to find out how he was able to escape from jail and pass that information on to everybody else and prevent this from happening to some other county."

Attachments

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
You ran out to the internet after my posts calling me a racist to find an article showing a shooting by another minority? Holy crap who is the real racist here FX. You are a bigot racist FX your true colors have now come to light.
in two mouseclicks I found crimes from people that aren't black.
Why is your pattern simply to post crimes blacks do?

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
no gun crime in that last one fx
Before his escape, Good was being held on 31 counts including attempted murder, armed robbery and assault with intent to commit murder. The charges came after he was paroled in 2006 after serving a sentence for second-degree murder and armed robbery.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
He was already convicted of that. The article was about his escape. The OP is about a SHOOTING.

·
Good Bye
1,808 Posts
FX this is a warning. you are trolling. Stop it now.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
hhmm first an article about a black mayor, and now an article about a thug in which we get a posted picture showing the guy is black. I'm beginning to see a trend here.
I guess no white or Latino did anything bad this week.
Actually no, From Dec. 1st to the 7th is black crime week. After that its the Whites then the Latinos. Didn't you get the memo?

Now go watch Roots and write "I'm sorry for the white man did to you" 1 million times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts