Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is something I find handy. It’s a spetnaz special forces shovel. You can dig, paddle a boat, I’ve seen a guy fry an egg on one, and I can throw mine like an tomahawk and stick it. I used to have a four wheel drive truck and it’s handy for digging yourself out as well. The thing I like about it is it flies under the radar, ie it doesn’t specifically look like a weapon, yet it’s quite deadly and very versatile. I’ve been thru roadblocks and been hassled for having my tomahawk (which I quit carrying in the truck since I didn’t want it confiscated) and even been questioned about my machete. However not one cop has ever given this a second look except one that wanted to know why I had the all the edges so sharp. (Easier to cut thru roots and such I told him) You could take someone's head off with this or you can hit with the flat side if you don’t want to kill. Plus I’d rather sit in front of a jury having hit someone with a shovel I happened to have in my work truck than with a combat tomahawk. :thumb: Lawyers will eat you alive if you have employed something specifically designed as a killing weapon like my SOG fusion verses one designed to be a tool even if you were in the right. After studying all the old traditional weapons and gaining some level of skill with them all, now I try to carry and utilize regular items that don’t actually look like weapons and will pass thru security checkpoints etc. If you walk down the road with a bloody club people are suspicious of you, but if you are walking down the road with a bloody sock, they figure you hurt your foot. But a sock loaded with a few bars of soap will split someone’s skull wide open. Just don’t use ivory soap. It disintegrates upon impact. Don’t ask how I know. :D:

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Here is something I find handy. It’s a spetnaz special forces shovel. You can dig, paddle a boat, I’ve seen a guy fry an egg on one, and I can throw mine like an tomahawk and stick it. I used to have a four wheel drive truck and it’s handy for digging yourself out as well. The thing I like about it is it flies under the radar, ie it doesn’t specifically look like a weapon, yet it’s quite deadly and very versatile. I’ve been thru roadblocks and been hassled for having my tomahawk (which I quit carrying in the truck since I didn’t want it confiscated) and even been questioned about my machete. However not one cop has ever given this a second look except one that wanted to know why I had the all the edges so sharp. (Easier to cut thru roots and such I told him) You could take someone's head off with this or you can hit with the flat side if you don’t want to kill. Plus I’d rather sit in front of a jury having hit someone with a shovel I happened to have in my work truck than with a combat tomahawk. :thumb: Lawyers will eat you alive if you have employed something specifically designed as a killing weapon like my SOG fusion verses one designed to be a tool even if you were in the right. After studying all the old traditional weapons and gaining some level of skill with them all, now I try to carry and utilize regular items that don’t actually look like weapons and will pass thru security checkpoints etc. If you walk down the road with a bloody club people are suspicious of you, but if you are walking down the road with a bloody sock, they figure you hurt your foot. But a sock loaded with a few bars of soap will split someone’s skull wide open. Just don’t use ivory soap. It disintegrates upon impact. Don’t ask how I know. :D:

How do you know????Hee HEEEEEE:D:

I like the hawk.:thumb:
I would think that shovel would take a persons head off:xeye::eek:

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
it comes that way.
No it doesn't come like that, at least mine didn't. I sharpened it.

Addendum:
I googled it and it looks like the new ones do come sharpened. I've had mine for years and it didn't come sharpened. I guess Lynn decided to sell them sharpened now. It figures I got one that I had to sharpen myself. Oh Well...

Here is a link to the review I found. If you note in the article it mentions how crappy the sharpened factory edges are.
Mine however is SHARP!

http://cutleryscience.com/reviews/cs_shovel.html

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
CS shoves are pritty good, dont have one but would make a very effective melee weapon. I've been thinking about getting one of thoes SOGS but there 420...? Surly sog wouldent make it in that if they didnt think it was ok...?

·
Registered
645 Posts
After studying all the old traditional weapons and gaining some level of skill with them all, now I try to carry and utilize regular items that don’t actually look like weapons and will pass thru security checkpoints etc. If you walk down the road with a bloody club people are suspicious of you, but if you are walking down the road with a bloody sock, they figure you hurt your foot. But a sock loaded with a few bars of soap will split someone’s skull wide open. Just don’t use ivory soap.

I think this was the concept behind many martial arts weapons that were used after swords were baned. Something to think about, become proficient with your "tools". There are alot of things that are used in every day life that can be deady, they want to ban everything, guns are just a good start.

keep the top soil separate when burying shovelers, put it back wher it belongs.....on top!

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After studying all the old traditional weapons and gaining some level of skill with them all, now I try to carry and utilize regular items that don’t actually look like weapons and will pass thru security checkpoints etc. If you walk down the road with a bloody club people are suspicious of you, but if you are walking down the road with a bloody sock, they figure you hurt your foot. But a sock loaded with a few bars of soap will split someone’s skull wide open. Just don’t use ivory soap.

I think this was the concept behind many martial arts weapons that were used after swords were baned. Something to think about, become proficient with your "tools". There are alot of things that are used in every day life that can be deady, they want to ban everything, guns are just a good start.

keep the top soil separate when burying shovelers, put it back wher it belongs.....on top!
Yea like when Japan invaded Okinawa. Thats where nunchuka, tonfa, sai and lots of the other traditional stuff originated. I took several styles of martial arts for years (karate and tae kwon do mostly) before marriage kids and owning property took over my life. Now I train with post hole diggers. :D:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts