Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you want to scream at the computer?

Read about a recent exchange between U.S. Speaker of the House of Representatives and a reporter about the constitutionality of a national health insurance requirement:

http://blog.heritage.org/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Morning+Bell

I love Orin Hatch's statement about this:

"James Madison said that if men were angels, no government would be necessary and if angels governed men, no limits on government would be necessary. Because neither men nor the governments they create are angelic, government and limits on government are both necessary for ordered liberty. Politics may tell us what we want to do, but the Constitution tells us what we may do and we must keep those separate. The ends do not justify the means for one simple reason – liberty. Liberty requires limits on government power, it always has and it always will."

So true. SO true. Fight on boys and girls!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do you want to scream at the computer?

Read about a recent exchange between U.S. Speaker of the House of Representatives and a reporter about the constitutionality of a national health insurance requirement:

http://blog.heritage.org/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Morning+Bell

I love Orin Hatch's statement about this:

"James Madison said that if men were angels, no government would be necessary and if angels governed men, no limits on government would be necessary. Because neither men nor the governments they create are angelic, government and limits on government are both necessary for ordered liberty. Politics may tell us what we want to do, but the Constitution tells us what we may do and we must keep those separate. The ends do not justify the means for one simple reason – liberty. Liberty requires limits on government power, it always has and it always will."

So true. SO true. Fight on boys and girls!
Jame's Madison was absolutely correct. The problem is that these politicians want power, and they'll ignore all of us to get it. They've been ignoring us for years.

·
Registered
33,068 Posts
From the link:

On October 23rd, a reporter asked Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA): “Madam Speaker, where specifically does the Constitution grant Congress the authority to enact an individual health insurance mandate?” Speaker Pelosi shook her head and before moving on to another question replied: “Are you serious? Are you serious??” Pressed for a more substantive response later, Pelosi’s press spokesman admonished the reporter: “You can put this on the record. That is not a serious question. That is not a serious question.”

This is how arrougant these people are, they don't let little things like the friggin U.S. Constitution get in their way!

This is the reality of our world...these people are so arrougant, so out of touch, so self-driven they can't understand our outrage over this...O'l Nanci probably doesn't understand her 21% approval rating either..........probably shocked or believes it's apart of the vast-right-wing-conspiracry

·
Plays best, alone
4,929 Posts
The terrible part is that even with an approval level of around 21%, she will most likely be reelected. :eek:

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
I must agree with these last 2 posts! Also, consider that 100 years ago, we had NO INCOME TAX, and the budget was balanced, we were the most prosperous and economically sound nation in the world. What happened? POLITICIANS!!!!
The problem in this nation is NOT politicians, politicians have behaved badly for many, many centuries in countries and empires around the globe. The true problem is, and has always been, that the people have become unwilling to do what they know is necessary to preserve their liberty and their constitution. The American people are the 4th check and balance ... the buck must stop here and now. Men and women of integrity and honor must do what our parents and grandparents did not.

Reactions: Pixelguy

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
Whats sad, is that with that responce the reporter stopped asking the question. My responce would have been

" Yes bitch, I am serious!"

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly. Well, I wouldn't have said the "B" word, but when I was a reporter I did once participate in a press conference with President Gerald Ford. I asked him if he thought that he was benefiting from being President by writing his autobiography. I was known for asking the non-PC questions. :)

Oh, he just stared at me and said nothing. That went into my report.

Whats sad, is that with that responce the reporter stopped asking the question. My responce would have been

" Yes bitch, I am serious!"

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
I ordinarily wouldnt speak to a lady ltke that, but since she isnt a lady, the gloves come off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts