Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Трудности перевода или Survival English

Хочу создать небольшой словарик специфических терминов (в основном аббревиатур) для себя и тех кто захочет почитать иностранцев. Как будет появятся материал буду редактировать первый пост, в последующих постах можно задавать вопросы.
I wish to create the small dictionary of specific terms (abbreviations) for myself and those who will want to esteem foreigners.

Если кто не знает есть он-лайн переводчик (FREE ONLINE TRANSLATOR AND DICTIONARY)
eng--->rus http://www.translate.ru/Default.aspx
rus--->eng http://www.online-translator.com/Default.aspx?prmtlang=en

- BI - Bug In - пережидание опасности по месту жительства
- BO - Bug Out - драп, бегство, свалинг (эвакуация в более безосное место, в основном в глушь)
- BOB - Bug Out Bag - тревожный чемоданчик (обычно рюкзак 3-х дневным запасом пищи, воды, лекарств и снаряжения).
- BOL - Bug Out Land - джокервилль, база, нычка, лес (место куда планируется эвакуироваться)
- BOV - Bug Out Vehicle - транспорт для драпа (подразумевает все виды транспорта, не только автомобиль)
- Day Pack - НАЗ - носимый аварийный запас (что то среднее между BOB и EDC)
- EDC - Every day carry - НАЗ - носимый аварийны запас
- teotwawki - The End Of The World As We Know It - конец того мира что мы знаем - конец света, конец человечества, ядерная война, худшая из всех возможных БП /судя по дословному переводу данный термин не предполагает конец света в библейском варианте, а указывает на переход всего человечества к существованию при иных правилах игры/
- SHTF - Sh!t hits the fan - big emergency - БП - большой пиз*ц - 3,14
- WCS - winter cold season - самая холодная часть зимы

·
Banned
3,760 Posts
SHTF = Sh!t hits the fan = big emergency
EDC = Every day carry, so what you carry on your person on a daily basis.

·
Registered
13 Posts
BO - I guess it mean "Bug Out"
BOL - in case of this topic I think this is "Bug Out Land".
If I'm wrong - please correct me.
----
Сугубо для русскоязычных выживальщиков соответствующие синонимы:
BO - Bug Out - Драп, свалинг и сныкинг
BOL - Bug Out Land - по простому Джокервилль, база, нычка, кулацкое гнездо.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5) What does teotwawki mean? (Depends on alot of things, like the nature of the disaster( SHTF, teotwawki, etc), the nature of the offense, nature of the offender, nature of the group, etc.)

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
BOL = Bug Out Lodge or Location. Where you would go if you must leave your home. Some have underground bunkers, large pieces of land, others would go to a forest. It is a place usually out from town where you would feel safer.

teotwawki = Total disaster, end of the world, nuclear war. It is the worst kind of situation. A breakdown of society.

BOV = Bug Out Vehicle. What you would drive or what kind of transportation you would use. Some of us have a truck, jeep, motor home or even a boat that would be used to escape danger.

shtf = it can be a personal event like loss of a job or flooding in your city or it can mean a big event but not end of the world. Though it could go to an end of the world event if the disaster were to grow big enough.

Bug Out = leaving where you live for a safer location.

Bug In = staying in place where your home is and waiting out the danger.

BOB = Bug Out Bag. Many suggest having a BOB, usually a backpack with 3 days supplies of food, water, medicine and equipment. BOB's are kept in your vehicle, your office or close by to help you in an emergency until you get to your main supplies.

Day Pack = a smaller pack that some carry everywhere to help them get from work to home or they use these on hikes in the wilderness for day walks.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
784 Posts
5) What does teotwawki mean? (Depends on alot of things, like the nature of the disaster( SHTF, teotwawki, etc), the nature of the offense, nature of the offender, nature of the group, etc.)
its a acronym
The
End
Of
The
World
As
We
Know
It
or teotwawki

got this from bing translator