Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Doom Break: Any cigar smokers out there? GoodPrepper General Discussion 29 05-20-2019 07:25 PM

Old 11-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,477 Times in 3,017 Posts
Default Online gold/silver dealers

Advertise Here

Amy suggestions?

Years ago I used Bullion Direct, and in spite of their bankruptcy I thought they had good service.

I've also used Apmex, but they don't allow cash accounts there where you can contribute a set amount each month and then purchase when you're ready and able.

Any good companies anyone can recommend?

Thanks...
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2018, 04:52 PM
democrats = Hydra

Thanked 10,088 Times in 3,815 Posts

a few years ago I dealt with Universal Coin / Bullion
happy with. good prices / service.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sailorsam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,373 Posts

Provident Metals
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fistfulladirt For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2018, 07:41 PM
prepared for life & death

Thanked 4,667 Times in 1,702 Posts

I did use Goldmart but they seemed to have some problems last year so I switched to Apmex.
The Following User Says Thank You to JL1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2018, 10:45 PM
I love this Forum.

Thanked 13,553 Times in 3,852 Posts

Pretty much any site listed on Compare Silver Prices is decent to deal with. Although I wouldn't buy anything on Ebay even if it is from a fairly reputable dealer, but that's just me.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckleberry View Post

Pretty much any site listed on Compare Silver Prices is decent to deal with. Although I wouldn't buy anything on Ebay even if it is from a fairly reputable dealer, but that's just me.

You know, half the dealers listed on comparesilver.com also sell on eBay.

If itís a reputable dealer, whatís the problem if the purchase is via eBay?
Old 11-08-2018, 05:27 PM
I love this Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas23 View Post
You know, half the dealers listed on comparesilver.com also sell on eBay.

If itís a reputable dealer, whatís the problem if the purchase is via eBay?
The number of fakes on Ebay is rampant. The number of dealers passing themselves off as legit is also rampant, ebay has never seemed overly concerned about it either. If you are buying from one of the major dealers who is who they appear to be, why WOULD you buy it off fee-bay? You will more than likely get a better price on their site as they won't have to pay the fee's ebay charges them. You do you though. I will encourage people, especially those just starting out in PM's to stay away from that 1/2 priced silver or dealers with names AMPEX or KITKO on ebay but instead visit sites like APMEX or KITCO & yea, you are going to pay a little over spot to buy it, but if you aren't red flags should be going off. If it sounds too good to be true, 99% of the time it is.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:40 PM
Prepared

Provident Metals
Old 11-09-2018, 01:43 AM
Libertarian

Thanked 3,384 Times in 1,472 Posts

I've done business with JM Bullion & silver.com No problems.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prankster For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2018, 10:07 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medieval Man View Post
Amy suggestions?

Years ago I used Bullion Direct, and in spite of their bankruptcy I thought they had good service.

I've also used Apmex, but they don't allow cash accounts there where you can contribute a set amount each month and then purchase when you're ready and able.

Any good companies anyone can recommend?

Thanks...
I never thought about having an account with one of those companies. That is a cool idea. I hate how to lock in the price with a check they need it right away and the higher fee for credit cards. Apmex and Provident are decent.
The Following User Says Thank You to tractorfarmer123 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2018, 10:53 AM
Hiker

Monex will pay you 2% on cash you have on account. I have had to have them send me money from that account and it has never been a problem. I just wish the amount was bigger!
Old 11-10-2018, 05:43 PM
Goat Roper

Thanked 1,891 Times in 721 Posts

JM Bullion
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawgy54 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2018, 11:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,043 Times in 4,082 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgy54 View Post
JM Bullion
+3

Also had good service out of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to drobs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2018, 02:20 PM

JM Bullion great service!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRAIL3 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2018, 10:46 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,928 Times in 941 Posts

+1 more for JM Bullion. Dealt with them a few times with no complaints at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ImbriD For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2018, 11:55 PM

I have used JM Bullion multiple times and never had an issue. Absolutely recommend them.

I made the mistake of buying $200 worth of Silver from BOLD Precious Metals for a promo they had for new customers and I never got my order. Then when I called them to tell them after my order wasn't actually delivered (even though the post office tracking said it had been) they basically said too bad, we won't replace it and good luck to you with the post office. The Post office never reimbursed me because BOLD didn't have the package delivered with insurance. So I got screwed out of $200. I would NOT recommend them. They suck.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The24/7Pro For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2018, 12:05 AM
I love this Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The24/7Pro View Post
I have used JM Bullion multiple times and never had an issue. Absolutely recommend them.

I made the mistake of buying $200 worth of Silver from BOLD Precious Metals for a promo they had for new customers and I never got my order. Then when I called them to tell them after my order wasn't actually delivered (even though the post office tracking said it had been) they basically said too bad, we won't replace it and good luck to you with the post office. The Post office never reimbursed me because BOLD didn't have the package delivered with insurance. So I got screwed out of $200. I would NOT recommend them. They suck.
Do you ever post on PMbug? They are occasionally popping in with specials they are offering, but it seems like it's been a while. Your review would help other people who often come to that site looking for places to buy. So far the people from PMbug that have ordered from them have had no major problems.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckleberry View Post
Do you ever post on PMbug? They are occasionally popping in with specials they are offering, but it seems like it's been a while. Your review would help other people who often come to that site looking for places to buy. So far the people from PMbug that have ordered from them have had no major problems.
I do not. This is pretty much the only "forum" I post in. I read lots of others for specific info but I don't post.

Hopefully my review helps others, and it's entirely possible I just happened to be the random guy to get screwed, but that doesn't change the fact that the customer service for BOLD Precious Metals was abysmal and the guy I talked to was an total ******* and didn't even try to help.
The Following User Says Thank You to The24/7Pro For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 07:02 PM
BOLD Stacker

Hey folks, I was alerted to this discussion and wanted to make a few comments. First of all, I do recall this specific incident, but without an order number or some other identifying information, I can't pull up the notes on it to review all the details. However, the jist is that we guarantee and insure all orders to the point of delivery. That is clearly stated on our site and pretty much every other dealer is the same on that point.

The only objective proof we have of delivery is by paying for delivery confirmation from the carrier. They scan it when it is delivered and we get a notice and the customer gets a notice. Once that happens, our obligation has been fulfilled. In the few cases where the package is not where it’s supposed to be after delivery, we encourage the customer to immediately contact the manager at their local Post Office with the tracking number. They often are able to use GPS and information from the carrier to determine where the package is (ie neighbors etc).

I certainly understand the frustration that such a situation would cause for the customer. However, if we ship to the address provided by the customer, and the carrier scans it as delivered, we should not be held liable for what happens to it afterwards. Our insurance coverage ends at that point. From there, the absolute best option is for the customer to contact the local post office, as they are the only ones who can help determine what happened. Of course, theft out of the box is always a possibility depending on the situation, but once again that would occur after delivery.

One final note, we include delivery confirmation on every order. We also include signature confirmation on all orders over $750 by default. We also offer the customer the option to add signature confirmation at checkout for smaller orders at our cost of $2.50. All of us a BOLD work hard to offer the best prices possible and then package every order with care and ship it out in a timely manner. In rare cases where a package truly goes missing during transit, we reship the order and pay for a redirect with USPS incase the original order ever turns up.

I am happy to answer any questions about our policies and am certainly interested to hear suggestions on how else we might have handled this. If the OP wants to send me his order number, I'll be happy to review how the customer service was handled and if it was not up to my expectations I will address that with our team.
The Following User Says Thank You to BOLDbass For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 07:27 PM
I love this Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLDbass View Post
Hey folks, I was alerted to this discussion and wanted to make a few comments. First of all, I do recall this specific incident, but without an order number or some other identifying information, I can't pull up the notes on it to review all the details. However, the jist is that we guarantee and insure all orders to the point of delivery. That is clearly stated on our site and pretty much every other dealer is the same on that point.

The only objective proof we have of delivery is by paying for delivery confirmation from the carrier. They scan it when it is delivered and we get a notice and the customer gets a notice. Once that happens, our obligation has been fulfilled. In the few cases where the package is not where itís supposed to be after delivery, we encourage the customer to immediately contact the manager at their local Post Office with the tracking number. They often are able to use GPS and information from the carrier to determine where the package is (ie neighbors etc).

I certainly understand the frustration that such a situation would cause for the customer. However, if we ship to the address provided by the customer, and the carrier scans it as delivered, we should not be held liable for what happens to it afterwards. Our insurance coverage ends at that point. From there, the absolute best option is for the customer to contact the local post office, as they are the only ones who can help determine what happened. Of course, theft out of the box is always a possibility depending on the situation, but once again that would occur after delivery.

One final note, we include delivery confirmation on every order. We also include signature confirmation on all orders over $750 by default. We also offer the customer the option to add signature confirmation at checkout for smaller orders at our cost of $2.50. All of us a BOLD work hard to offer the best prices possible and then package every order with care and ship it out in a timely manner. In rare cases where a package truly goes missing during transit, we reship the order and pay for a redirect with USPS incase the original order ever turns up.

I am happy to answer any questions about our policies and am certainly interested to hear suggestions on how else we might have handled this. If the OP wants to send me his order number, I'll be happy to review how the customer service was handled and if it was not up to my expectations I will address that with our team.

This is just one example of why USPS shouldn't be used to ship anything of value. I know I often check on pkg's online & it says it was delivered AND signed for. When I go to the box, the pkg is there & the postman put an X where I am supposed to sign. That is not what "delivery confirmation" should be, especially when NUMEROUS times they put stuff in the wrong box. Some times we get other peoples mail, other times they've got ours. So who knows if a pkg delivered to the wrong box, got delivered at all, or the person is just trying to get a freebie. If you use FedEx or UPS don't ship it without requiring a signature or it gets left on the doorstep for anyone to take. This is just one example of why those of us who buy PM's online often get frustrated with online dealers. Some sort of delivery confirmation requiring an actual human to hand it to another actual human & have that human sign that he/she received the pkg. Either that or start putting body & dash cams on postmen & their vehicles.