Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 01-15-2018, 03:54 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,086 Times in 363 Posts
Default Rabies: and this father is felony stupid!

Advertise Here

Just a quick reminder to warn your kids not to touch animals that are sick, dead or acting even the slightest bit strange. and also, if found, dont trust the impulse control of a kid!

This father should be brought up on felony neglect, child endangerment, and manslaughter for allowing a sick bat to be where a 6 year old child could touch it and "commanding" said 6 YO not to touch it! Then this pile of **** finds the kid touched it & was scratched, then doesnt take him to a doctor, "Because the kid was afraid". They wait until its too late to take him.

STORY : https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/6-...bAa?li=BBnbcA1

seriously..... W.T.F.?
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kayakjohn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 04:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 19,447 Times in 5,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakjohn View Post
Just a quick reminder to warn your kids not to touch animals that are sick, dead or acting even the slightest bit strange. and also, if found, dont trust the impulse control of a kid!

This father should be brought up on felony neglect, child endangerment, and manslaughter for allowing a sick bat to be where a 6 year old child could touch it and "commanding" said 6 YO not to touch it! Then this pile of **** finds the kid touched it & was scratched, then doesnt take him to a doctor, "Because the kid was afraid". They wait until its too late to take him.

STORY : https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/6-...bAa?li=BBnbcA1

seriously..... W.T.F.?
There's no defense or feasible explanation.
The Following User Says Thank You to thyme2bprepped For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 07:23 PM
Bazinga!

Thanked 2,697 Times in 1,093 Posts

Should be charged with child abuse - manslaughter - whatever it takes to put him in jail for letting his little boy DIE!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad-max For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2018, 07:30 PM
Possum Lover

Thanked 25,651 Times in 9,062 Posts

Should be charged with child abuse.

Kid cries over getting shots? "I told you not to touch it. Now take your shots". He won't do it again, will he?

I think he had 2 reasons for not taking his kid to the doctor: 1. Child endangerment for leaving a rabid bat around his child and 2. Cheap, didn't want to pay the medical bills.

Edit to add, Dr Google is always a sure fire way to screw things up.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 04:37 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,615 Times in 1,084 Posts

Tragic and dumb but I won't be joining the lynch mob on this one. You can legislate against neglect but legislate stupidity and more people would be in prison than out of it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sixtus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 07:41 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtus View Post
Tragic and dumb but I won't be joining the lynch mob on this one. You can legislate against neglect but legislate stupidity and more people would be in prison than out of it.
I agree. It was his kid his problem. And his death to deal with. Why should anyine here be up in arms. Darwinism 101
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to богдан For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 08:54 AM
Survivor

Thanked 14,170 Times in 5,385 Posts

Quote:
This is very true. The father was both stupid and ignorant, and you cannot legislate against something like that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kansas Terri For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 03:05 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 4,470 Times in 2,041 Posts

Did anyone read the part about the kid and the experimental medical procedure...... could there be the possibility that the experimental medical procedure killed the child I don't know it's not so cut-and-dry now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2018, 03:12 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,170 Times in 5,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12vman View Post
Did anyone read the part about the kid and the experimental medical procedure...... could there be the possibility that the experimental medical procedure killed the child I don't know it's not so cut-and-dry now

No.

The fatality rate of rabies in humans is almost 100%.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kansas Terri For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 04:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,784 Times in 5,041 Posts

Quote:

And that would happen even if the prisoners weren't actually stupid. It would become a political hammer. There are plenty of snowflakes out there right now who would love the opportunity to throw all Trump supporters in jail.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Darwath For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 04:21 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 4,470 Times in 2,041 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Terri View Post
No.

The fatality rate of rabies in humans is almost 100%.
actually if you read medical literature instead of listening to Medical opinion that is not true

Old 01-16-2018, 04:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,025 Times in 3,984 Posts

Medicine has gotten so good that people don't really know that stuff can still kill you.

When I was a little kid if I got a bad cut, my mother would wash that thing until it bled. If it was a puncture wound she made sure we had our Tenanus shot.

I once noticed a friend had a large band-aid with red streaks radiating from it. I ask him what had happened. When I realized he hadn't seen a doctor, I told him it was infected and it was past dealing with it himself. He tried to brush me off, but I asked him point blank did he have medical insurance and he said yes. I said then there was zero reason not to have it looked at.

He went to shut me up.
The Following User Says Thank You to yelruh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 06:43 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,086 Times in 363 Posts

its not just stupidity, its criminal negligence. and as for darwin award, that would work if the father had died, but how the hell is it darwin if the father causes the death of an innocent child due to complete dereliction of duty and a serious responsibility?

im no bleeding heart but seriously starting to wonder about some peoples compassion and over tolerance for the harm and death of 6 YO kid, especially when a parent or adult shows such careless disregard for a child much too young to know better.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:02 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,615 Times in 1,084 Posts

Quote:
its not just stupidity, its criminal negligence. and as for darwin award, that would work if the father had died, but how the hell is it darwin if the father causes the death of an innocent child due to complete dereliction of duty and a serious responsibility?

its a fact that some folk shouldn't have kids, but there is no system to fully manage it.

Where do you want to draw the line? Thousands of kids die of obesity complaints with parents ' completely derilicting their duty of good nutrition'.

Then you have household accidents, pool drownings, kids who pull moms hairdryer into the bathtub with them, kids who drink farm poison, fall off ponies and break their necks and all the parents too uneducated and ignorant to recognize the signs of fever, infection, tumors, meningitis, skin cancers who leave it too late to get to the doctors.

You will be building a lot of prisons to hold all these folk...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixtus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2018, 07:02 PM
Possum Lover

Thanked 25,651 Times in 9,062 Posts

Part of this may have come from the whole "My kid is my best friend" movement.

People don't realize that children are not there to be your friends. You are supposed to guide them, discipline them, and lead by example. Not let a few tears sway you out of lifesaving medical care.

If that's what really happened.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 01:44 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,784 Times in 5,041 Posts

Quote:
and as for darwin award, that would work if the father had died, but how the hell is it darwin if the father causes the death of an innocent child due to complete dereliction of duty and a serious responsibility?
It was his kid. He shut down the perpetuation of his own genes.

I really don't mean to be callous about it, but in my opinion giving the state fee reign is setting child raising standards and punishing non-compliance is a far greater and wide-ranging tragedy than a handful of children dying each year because their parents are dumbasses.

Suppose the kid had died because the father failed to yield when turning left on green. Would that warrant felony child endangerment charges?

Sometimes stupidity is tragic, and sometimes the tragedy itself is far more punishment than the govt could ever hope to administer.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Darwath For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 02:14 AM
5 Will Survive

Thanked 63,208 Times in 10,347 Posts

Parenting is the most difficult mission given to us o this earth. It's also a gift from God.

I can't speak for the parent in this story, but every day for me is worry and concern that I'm doing things right.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to junglecrawler For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 03:35 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,177 Times in 2,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Darwath View Post
It was his kid. He shut down the perpetuation of his own genes.
Yep. Natural selection isn't a matter of whether you personally live or die, just a matter of how successfully your genetic material survives. Dying before you can reproduce or failing to raise your children to an age where they reproduce is all the same thing. There are even animals where genetic success involves a certain number choosing to protect their siblings/siblings' offspring rather than having their own. That still comes down to having more of your genetic makeup survive and reproduce.

And I agree this was a terrible thing, and the child who died was innocent of anything but acting like a kid. However, too stupid to live sometimes expresses as too stupid to keep your kid living. That's just the way it is, and you don't want to encourage the government to legislate to try to prevent that--it does far too much of that already. They take kids away from their parents now because they were allowed to walk to school by themselves. You want them hauling yours out of your house into foster care because they heard you took them on a hike where there were wild animals around? Pretty soon it would be child endangerment to let them go into the yard except inside sealed body armor.

Not to mention that sometimes **** happens. You can be a wonderful parent, yet one of your kids still finds 5 seconds to do something that turns out to be fatal. Sending you to prison for 20 years because you answered a doorbell or something isn't going to fix anything, and helicopter parenting is its own form of destruction. We all do lots of dumb things growing up, it's just that most of us survive them. Lots of parents do lots of dumb things raising their children, it's just that most of their children survive it.

The man was stupid. His kid died because he was stupid. Natural consequences already received. The end. If it was a one-off kind of stupid, it will get lost in the general sometimes people/their children don't survive doing stupid things static. If it's more a poor/no ability to parent thing, the line will slowly peter out. It's not "fair" that some children get born to bad parents. It's not "fair" that some people get born with congenital defects/diseases either. But there's not much to be done about it, or at least not much that most people would want to see done about it. Genetic diversity is a key to adaptability, and adaptability is the key to species survival. In pursuit of maximum adaptability, nature throws some bad combos when shaking the genetic dice. Given enough individuals and time to work with and left to go about its business without interference, most of those mistakes get slowly edited out of the gene pool or at least edited down to a very low level. Any apparent mistake that doesn't has some nonobvious advantage for survival in some particular environment, usually for heterozygotes. Which is definitely not "fair" on the homozygotes, but great for everybody else.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NY Min For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 03:53 AM
5 Will Survive

Thanked 63,208 Times in 10,347 Posts

Regarding passing on of one's genes, I can't remember the percentage, but historically it's surprising how few males have survived to have children and pass on their genes, the two main issues about this being high male mortality rates, and what's colloquially referred to as the 80-20 rule, in that 80% of women target 20% of the highest achieving males.

This last issue explains polygamy and other cultural sexual mores. Everyone remember the controversy when the sperm bank was created in the 70s, where only successful high-IQ or athletic performers' seed was accepted?

I'm not saying I totally ascribe to the above, but these are two points being tossed about the noosphere right now.

http://www.livescience.com/47976-mor...n-history.html

https://psmag.com/environment/17-to-...uctive-success
Old 01-17-2018, 05:20 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,177 Times in 2,873 Posts

That's a whole lot of scholarship just to establish that adolescent boys are more prone to doing stupid, risky things than adolescent girls.

And then you can just look around here at all the guys who are figuring on dealing with SHTF by playing lone mountain man. They may survive, they may not, but the one thing they sure as hell aren't going to do is produce surviving descendants.

Of course, it could just be that a lot of the world made the current Chinese/Indian mistake, constantly favoring boy children over girl children, ending up with a whole lot of men who couldn't find a woman to marry, resulting in a lot of fighting over the available females and the few winning survivors take all. (Remains to be seen how the plot will play out for China and India, but I expect nothing good to come from the current imbalance.)
The Following User Says Thank You to NY Min For This Useful Post: