Survivalist Forum banner

Saving Heirloom Seeds

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  northern girl 
#1 ·
Here is good information on planting and saving Heirloom Seeds.
SeedSaver

#2 ·
Thanks for the link. I just started a garden and was curious about saving the seeds--just in case. I figure this is an excellent way to prepare for any "incident" that may arise. Heck, even if nothing happens I will at least save money and have fresh vegetables.

#6 ·
Another easy way to clean tomato seeds is to put the seed pulp in a jar with lukewarm water and seal tight. Let them set a few days and the pulp will go to the top of the jar and the seeds will sink to the bottom. Pour off nastiness and rinse seeds in cold water. Spread in a dry, windless place. A old window screen works good. When dry seal in a envelope until needed.

Don

#7 ·
Last fall was my first experience with saving seeds (not counting the few radishes that always seem to get away from me and repopulate all over my garden). I had gotten a beautiful French Heirloom pumpkin seed packet and was afraid I wouldnt be able to find them again, so I saved as many seeds as I could. I started a dozen plants a couple weeks ago and had a 100% germination rate!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.