Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Location, Location, Location – Depends on Where You Live Yehudi Urban Survival 13 07-17-2016 07:41 PM
Looking to purchase land on which to build cabin,homestead..how does this land look JoeTill Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 29 05-04-2016 02:22 PM
Free Land in the Ulitmate Survival Location DaveCo Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 39 04-20-2015 12:48 AM
Well drilling before final purchase of land? Buckeyeleafs Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 15 05-25-2014 05:42 PM
Article - Buying land for a bug out location kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 33 12-20-2013 02:29 PM
ammunition seized from George Zimmerman’s home - location, location, location.... HarryWinters44 General Discussion 51 12-05-2013 03:36 PM
Caching on public land or land you don't control. sarge912 Urban Survival 35 03-27-2012 11:20 PM
Mountain Land vs Valley Land Watchingtheweasels Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 12 10-14-2011 05:13 PM
Urban Danger: Location, location, location Halkon Urban Survival 8 12-13-2010 06:04 AM

Old 07-10-2015, 08:17 PM

Default Looking for TN Land for final bug in location

Advertise Here

Me and my wife live in N. GA. we have a pretty nice place with a few acres, but there are definitely draw backs that we would like to remedy.
Cons:
-not enough land
-no surface water
-no tillable land for garden
-too close to ATL and interstates

TN seems to have everything we need with added advantages of a little cooler weather, cheaper everything, less people.

Things we are not concerned with:
Being close to airports, entertainment or shopping, Work opportunities (my wife works from home and i will be retired by the time we move there)

Things we are very concerned with:
Low crime, LEOs that are reasonable and friendly like minded good people

Having only looked around a few times we are most interested in extreme eastern TN *polk, mcminn CO. and middle North, near Jamestown (overton, fentress and picket Co.) and the Dale Hollow Lake

Anyone have experience in these areas? anything we should look out for?

Thanks for the help!!

B
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,566 Times in 3,158 Posts

I know where there is a 25 acre apple farm for sale about three miles north of Huntland Tennessee in Franklin County. The original owners of the operation sold it several years ago and it hasn't been in business since then. It's on a dead end road; at the end, and there is a nice creek very close by. That's about all I can come up with.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:56 PM

Land east of middle TN is cheapest. About half way between Knoxville, TN and Nashville, but North. It's also less densely populated. You need to be looking at the Cumberland Plateau area. Check out Zillow.com. Very good for searching for land to build on or just a remote house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2015, 10:36 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,141 Times in 2,636 Posts

I lived a short time in the upper Cumberland plateau area. I would agree this is the perfect place for what you are looking for. There are some great locations north of the interstate between Nashville and Knoxville that are ideal, has low population density, abundant game, and can be purchased for low cost. Ideal for both horseback and ATV travel. Ultimately for us we moved north. We tried several areas in the south but my wife didn't like the snakes and we both preferred cooler climates. But the upper Cumberland was one of two locals in the south that made our short list.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Amat victoria curam

Thanked 2,186 Times in 830 Posts

All the areas you mention are nice but prices on the plateau have increased. An area I haven't considered and haven't seen mentioned alot is the land between lakes area of western tennessee. I've been looking in the area lately and seems promising your surrounded by water, only few ways in, lots resources, good people and prices as long as your not directly on lake.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:52 AM

My father has 4.99 acres for sales in Surgoinsville, TN, which is in upper East TN. It has a 1760 sq ft cabin/home built on it. The property has a small lake stocked with fish. The house gets water from a natural spring. Here is the MLS listing if anyone is interested in looking at the property. It was our family farm, but has been sold off in pieces over many years. He also has another piece that is not currently listed, but he would sell. You can message me if you would like information on it. It is in the same are, just a couple of hills over.