Survivalist Forum banner

Go Bag (Small/Everyday)

11K views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  J9Norske 
#1 ·
#11 ·
I fully understand the need for preparation, but what is up with all of the duplicate items? Two sunglasses, two flashlights, all the batteries, two foil blankets, two lighters, two flat head screw drivers, etc. It would seem more practical not to double up and save room for other items or save on the weight.

For example--if you have to have a back-up fire source, use one lighter and some matches or firesteel. Ditch the umbrella and space blankets for a GI poncho and liner. Ditch the asp or if you keep it ditch one of the flashlights in favor of one that screws onto the end of the asp.

just an observation.

BTW--that "blackwater" photo of the bearded trooper was in Maxim magazine a couple of years ago with a description of a US Army SF trooper in Afghanistan. If your gonna impersonate someone, perhaps they should not be so recognizable.

#14 ·
quick pack

I too keep a few goddies. a pack in each car, a small kit for each kid when they were still in school, and my school sized back pack. Since I ride Motorcycle, I am rarely questioned about its contents. I just tell them its easier to bring the back pack than take out all the stuff when Im not ridding.:thumb:

#16 ·
Edc and Bugout bags

I keep a Maxpedition Fatboy as an EDC bag. It has a the basics to me: a gun, meds, light, knife, phone and alittle firstaid. I keep 2 bugout bags that were prepared by the Red Cross plus my additions. One for wife and one for me close by at home or with us traveling. They have supplies for 3 days+ guns radios, etc. I also keep at hand a pretty good first-aid kit close by and a smaller one for each car.

#18 ·
I put together 4 bags this weekend. For family and friends. I used an accessory pouch, measured 6.5X4.5x2. Here is what is inside -

survival blanket
Pancho
knife
waterproof matches
small BIC lighter
4 vaseline treated cotton balls
first aid kit (bandaids, antibiotic ointment, gauze pads, Advil, hand sanitzers, liguid bandage and alcohol wipes)
4 instant mini towels
fishing kit (hooks, bobber, line, split shot, rubber jigs and jig hooks)
P38
compass
whistle
flashlight
water purification tablets
nylon spork
survival saw
caffeine pills
small multi tool
ballpoint pen
small notebook
zip ties

That's about it, here is a pic of the bag.

http://chkadels.com/Bags-And-Packs/Fox-Outdoors-Multi-Purpose-Accessory-Pouch

#21 ·
My main bob is a ALICE pack loaded with food water ammo extra socks fire startng batteries etc. i also have a every day pack i carry when i go to work snce i'm in the suburbs my commute and all in it has 2 days worth food water small med kit just enough to get A home B predetermned exit route 1 if really bad my wife only has her main pack and of course the stock next to the car but i pray never hav to use any of it

#24 ·
You mean other than the fact it's over 4 years old?

It's an undead thread!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.