Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Base Layer Clothing Review. Thejeepster Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 3 11-11-2014 08:51 PM
Hannah Graham CRC General Discussion 0 09-23-2014 07:38 PM
Islamic no go zones cleatis Controversial News and Alternative Politics 16 07-27-2013 05:58 PM
How an Islamic take-over starts. Karnus General Discussion 8 05-16-2010 02:17 PM
ACORN Worker Sues Hannah Giles, As Her "Pimp" Is Arrested by FBI FXjohn Political News and Discussion 0 01-27-2010 07:40 AM
Islamic Fundamentals FrightenedWolfe Religious Discussion 18 06-29-2009 07:45 PM
review threads moved to review section AncientBrit Knives, Swords & Axes 4 11-26-2008 02:13 PM
hannah and ike mongoose Urban Survival 23 09-08-2008 08:03 AM

Old 04-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Por la gloria!

Default Review of Al Hannah Islamic Clothing

Advertise Here

I am a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism, a non-profit living history organization dedicating to educating people about the Middle Ages. In the organization, I chose to wear Bedouin style clothing.

Recently I just bought some clothing and accessories from the online Islamic clothing store, Al Hannah.
~I purchased 1 Men's Pajama Pants, that I wear under my handmade dishdasha. These pants are incredibly comfortable and for only eight dollars, the price is hard to beat.
~I purchased 1 Classic Arabian Shora. I feel that the price, ten dollars, was slightly more than what it should have been, however, it is quite difficult to come by these in the United States. The quality of the product was exactly what it should be.
~I purchased 1 Adjustable Bedouin Style Egal. Since these are supposed to worn higher on your head, similar to a crown or laurel, this egal fits fine. Again, since these are difficult to come by in the United States, the price, ten dollars, was a little higher than what I would like to pay, but it is a good product.
~I purchased 1 Natural Black Soap for six dollars. Since I have yet to use the product, I am unsure of how it will compare to regular soap.

Quality: 4 out of 5
Price: $$ out of $$$$
Shipping Speed: 8 Days from when the order was placed to when the order was received. Being so that the order came from Connecticut, the shipping speed was fair being so I only paid six dollars in shipping.

Overall, I would purchase from Al Hannah Islamic Clothing again. If you are in need for Middle Eastern clothing or accessories, this is a good place to shop.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guardian For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 40,128 Times in 12,395 Posts

How have I missed this?? I am a belly dancer and I wear salwar/kameeze around the house, it's more comfortable than jeans and a t-shirt. I have been making them for my husband and myself for a long time. My BD is the weekend, I just got a gift card - I am going shopping! Thank YOU!!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:22 PM
armchair commando

Thanked 1,293 Times in 469 Posts

Can you folks post photos of what you are talking about? As far as the Islamic style clothing, do you wear them out and about?

I would assume with all the Islam hate/fear that you being an American, that you get some pretty evil or strange looks from folks.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:59 PM

by american !
Old 04-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Por la gloria!

Default Attire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightech_redneck View Post
Can you folks post photos of what you are talking about? As far as the Islamic style clothing, do you wear them out and about?

I would assume with all the Islam hate/fear that you being an American, that you get some pretty evil or strange looks from folks.
I personally do not wear these clothes on a regular basis. I am a member of a living history organization and I wear these clothes when participating with that organization.

Here are some basics of Islamic male clothing, to my understanding:
-For undergarments, men wear boxers.
-Most men wear pants, as it is considered more modest and more utilitarian.
-For the main garment, there are two main variations. In cold climates, such as Pakistan, men wear a salwar kameez. This is a shirt that is stretches to about knee length. This style can be accompanied by a vest.
-In more arid climates, men wear a longer, ankle length garment. This garments goes by a variety of names. In my experience, dishdasha and thawb are the most common names.

-A common misconception is that every single middle eastern man wears a turban. However, the most common types of headgear are the Kufi (North Africa) and the Keffiyeh (Middle East).

Here is a photo demonstrating the typical male attire for arid parts of the middle east:

Here is a photo demonstrating the typical male attire for colder parts of the middle east:

If you have any other questions, just let me know. I would be happy to help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Guardian For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 03:47 PM

That clothing has always seemed very comfortable to me
Old 04-15-2012, 09:28 AM

Just the job for the next dress like a terrorist at work Friday
Old 04-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Land of the free my....

Thanked 5,149 Times in 1,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
I am a belly dancer
They have belly dancers in Oklahoma?
Old 04-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Indefatigable

Thanked 40,128 Times in 12,395 Posts

YES we have belly dancers in OK!!!
Chiming in from the female perspective: Yes I wear "Islamic" clothing. While the OPs site may cater to Muslims, this type of clothing is worn by most people in the middle east/near east, regardless of their religion. I wear the female version of kurta pajama called salwar kameeze on a daily basis. MUCH more comfortable (and cooler in the summer) for lounging and chores than jeans and a t-shirt. I do not wear hijab, so no one has ever mistaken me for a Muslim.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:27 AM
Garbage Collector

Thanked 35,934 Times in 8,892 Posts

Man Jammies............ as long as you don't have the authentic smell to go with the clothing it's all good.

"I came into the world kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood, I have no issues leaving the same way"

The Following User Says Thank You to Doc_Shane For This Useful Post: