Dyno Powered Devices - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery-powered devices and Faraday Cages VekTor Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 14 05-14-2013 05:02 PM
High Powered Airguns = High Powered Toys? Triple-sod Firearms General Discussion 10 07-25-2012 12:48 PM
Lamps/Lanters. Hand crank powered, battery powered, or oil lamps? Squiddy70 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 22 11-26-2011 08:33 PM
Communication devices OleOkie Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 8 05-09-2011 09:58 PM
Batteries for your Devices ackbob Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 30 09-15-2010 08:13 AM
Secondary Devices NCEagle04 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 10 06-14-2010 01:16 AM
Storage devices Beachbummer Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 10 04-10-2010 03:52 PM
2way dyno crank radio SHoNUFF Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 6 12-31-2008 10:33 PM
Dyno Powered Lantern forrestdweller Urban Survival 2 10-25-2008 01:45 PM

Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Hunter

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default Dyno Powered Devices

Advertise Here

The other day I was having a conversation with a stranger and she mentioned how she kept a dyno powered flashlight in the glove compartment of her car because did not want to have to worry about batteries.
I have several dyno powered devices for flashlights to radios for the same reason. I do keep a supply of batteries for emergency use but cranking a minute or two for a 20 minutes to and hour of usable light is not bad and powering a radio. I have a couple of the Freeplay some of the best make an a Eton radio dyno powered as well as battery. I also have some stuff like a LED flashlight that also will charge up my cell phone. The Local Walgreens has some decent stuff from radios to lanterns that I have gotten devices like a led falshlight dyno powered for $5. I have a am/fm/wb that is dyno powered/battery I got for 15. I keep the radio and flashlight in my BOB.
Some things I have found to be sturdier made but these are decent enough and given that other than the barreries I store in them I I know I have a powered source of light and radio .
I f you do not have some of these I highly suggest getting some. They are very servicable and useful.
Now where did I put those AAA batteries?
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Wild Wild... East

Thanked 1,052 Times in 605 Posts

For me, crank devices ae more reliable that bateries powered devices.
To bad here i don't find any one...
I will order them from US, for sure...

Bogdan
Old 08-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Survivor

Thanked 1,251 Times in 623 Posts

I've gone to crank or shake flashlights for my camping gear. The beam is weaker, but it's nice not to have to carry extra batteries. I also have a radio in my pack that can run on 110 v, AA batteries, crank, or solar. I really like it.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Hiker

riverrat, where did you get the radio? Sounds like it is what I'm looking for. Does it have the NOAA weather alerts?

Tbull
Old 08-10-2007, 07:45 AM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 39,148 Times in 7,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBULL55 View Post
riverrat, where did you get the radio? Sounds like it is what I'm looking for. Does it have the NOAA weather alerts?

Tbull
Even though a lot of people do not like shop there, I got my crank radio at wal-mart. It was a package deal - a crank or AA battery powered radio and a crank flashlight for 20 dollars.

Then I picked up one more crank flashlight.

So I have 2 hand crank flashlights and one hank crank radio. Over the next few months I plan on picking up several more good quality flashlights, and maybe another radio.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Survivor

Thanked 1,251 Times in 623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBULL55 View Post

Tbull
It's made by Kaito. I ordered it dirrectly from them, Sometimes Sportsmans Guide has them. (www.sportsmansguide.com). It has the weather band. It also picks up T.V. stations, AM, FM, and has 4 shortwave bands. I can even pick up the police, coast gaurd, railroad frequencies.