Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(Pic Heavy) July AT hiking trip WILL Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 20 07-24-2014 08:05 PM
Backpacking Trip to Eno River in NC drkcaudle Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 2 05-08-2014 04:53 PM
camping trip in July. keember Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 8 02-10-2014 08:27 PM
Economic Chaos by July 2010 - December 2010 Watchman220 Financial Forum 75 12-03-2010 07:33 PM
End of July three day trip to the camp kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 32 08-04-2010 04:41 PM
They run the whole world" 20 July 2010 Mullenite Controversial News and Alternative Politics 2 07-25-2010 10:16 PM
Camping on the angelina river kev Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 8 07-20-2010 02:28 PM
Gator on the Angelina River close to Jasper Texas kev Boating and Fishing 2 07-14-2010 07:59 PM
Saturday trip to the river kev Boating and Fishing 0 04-18-2010 02:40 PM

Old 08-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 39,063 Times in 7,805 Posts
Default Trip to the Angelina River on July 30, 2010

Advertise Here

Click image for larger version

Name:	angelina-river-8-5-2010-1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	34611It was one of those trips that I have been wanting to make for a long time. The day before (July 9, 2010) I took the time to get everything ready - the gas cans were fueled up, the poles and tackle boxes were set next to the front door, the day packs were filled with fresh water, first aid kit, an Eversafe Meal, ice chest put in the boat,,,,,, and a few more things.

The alarm clock went off around 5:45am - but I stayed in bed for a little bit. Got up, got my shower, brushed teeth, deodorant (you do not want body order while fishing), then I went into my sons room to wake him up.

While my son was getting his shower, and taking care of his business, I loaded the tackle boxes, poles and day packs in the boat.

We launched the boat at a place called "Bevilport" - which is off Farm to Market Road 2799, just Northwest of Jasper, Texas. As we were leaving the boat launch, the sun started to break though the horizon.

Its a beautiful site to be out in nature, everything is so pure, except where mankind leaves his trash.

After heading south for a few miles, we turned into a slew. At first look, it looks more like a ditch that does not go anywhere. But after a couple of turns, it opens up into a stump filled pond, with more cuts going deeper into the mix.

In all, we caught 2 bass, saw 1 alligator, a few gar ranging in size from 1 - 3 feet long, and a couple of huge wasp nest.

We hit a dead end and had to turn around - one way, a tree was over the slew and the other way was blocked by heavy moss.

From there, my son and I headed south on the river and went to a primitive camping / picnic area. We off loaded our packs, and I broke out one of my Eversafe meals. The meal was spaghetti with meat sauce - and it was pretty good.

It was at this time that the heat of the day became noticeable, so my son and I agreed to head back home. The high for the day was supposed to be around 97 - 99 degree.

On the way back home I spotted a trot line jug, so the boat was started over to it, and a description of trot lines was added to the video.

Trot lines have an honor system - you do not mess with other peoples lines. No fish were taken off the trot line, it was just used for education purposes only.

Last edited by kev; 08-05-2010 at 07:03 PM..
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to kev For This Useful Post: