Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Jokes, Humor & Music The Relaxation Station

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey Hey from down deep. Hidden_Ex New Member Introduction 15 04-05-2014 07:32 AM
I'm in DEEP trouble... NorIDhunter Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 33 01-15-2012 11:14 PM
How deep is a well? liebrecht Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 22 03-12-2011 12:38 PM
Got my deep well going!!!!!! OleDave Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 14 01-18-2011 06:35 AM
Banks in deep trouble... Wells Fargo? countryboy123 General Discussion 0 07-30-2009 02:15 PM
Gone off the deep end... squeak Manmade and Natural Disasters 69 05-08-2009 12:37 AM

Old 07-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Silent Bob

Thanked 4,096 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Why the US is in deep trouble

Advertise Here

A DC airport ticket agent offers some examples of why.

1. I had a New Hampshire Congresswoman (Carol Shea-Porter) ask for an aisle seat so that her hair wouldn't get messed up by being near the window. (On an airplane!)

2. I got a call from a Kansas Congressman's (Moore) staffer (Howard Bauleke), who wanted to go to Cape Town. I started to explain the length of the flight and the passport information, and then he interrupted me with, ''I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but Cape Town is in Massachusetts.''
Without trying to make him look stupid, I calmly explained, '' Cape Cod is in Massachusetts, Cape Town is in South Africa.'' His response -- click.

3. A senior Vermont Congressman (Bernie Sanders) called, furious about a Florida package we did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando. He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that's not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state.
He replied, 'Don't lie to me. I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state!'' (OMG)

4. I got a call from a lawmaker's wife (Landra Reid) who asked,

''Is it possible to see England from Canada ?''
I said, ''No.''
She said, ''But they look so close on the map.'' (OMG, again!)

5. An aide for a cabinet member (Janet Napolitano) once called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas. I pulled up the reservation and noticed he had only a 1-hour layover in Dallas. When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said, ''I heard Dallas was a big airport, and we will need a car to drive between gates to save time.'' (Aghhhh)

6. An Illinois Congresswoman (Jan Schakowsky) called last week. She needed to know how it was possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:30 a.m., and got to Chicago at 8:33 a.m.

I explained that Michigan was an hour ahead of Illinois, but she couldn't understand the concept of time zones. Finally, I told her the plane went fast, and she bought that.

7. A New York lawmaker, (Jerrold Nadler) called and asked, ''Do airlines put your physical description on your bag so they know whose luggage belongs to whom?'' I said, "No, why do you ask?"

He replied, ''Well, when I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggage that said (FAT), and I'm overweight. I think that's very rude!''

After putting him on hold for a minute, while I looked into it. (I was dying laughing). I came back and explained the city code for Fresno, Ca. is (FAT - Fresno Air Terminal), and the airline was just putting a destination tag on his luggage.

8. A Senator John Kerry aide (Lindsay Ross) called to inquire about a trip package to Hawaii. After going over all the cost info, she asked, ''Would it be cheaper to fly to California and then take the train to Hawaii ?''

9. I just got off the phone with a freshman Congressman, Bobby Bright from Alabama who asked, "How do I know which plane to get on?''

I asked him what exactly he meant, to which he replied, ''I was told my flight number is 823, but none of these planes have numbers on them.''

10. Senator Dianne Feinstein called and said, ''I need to fly to Pepsi-Cola, Florida. Do I have to get on one of those little computer planes?''
I asked if she meant fly to Pensacola, FL , on a commuter plane.
She said, ''Yeah, whatever, smarty!''

11. Mary Landrieu, Louisiana Senator, called and had a question about the documents she needed in order to fly to China. After a lengthy discussion about passports, I reminded her that she needed a visa. "Oh, no I don't. I've been to China many times and never had to have one of those.''

I double checked and sure enough, her stay required a visa. When I told her this she said, ''Look, I've been to China four times and every time they have accepted my American Express!''

12. A New Jersey Congressman (John Adler) called to make reservations, ''I want to go from Chicago to Rhino, New York.''
I was at a loss for words. Finally, I said, ''Are you sure that's the name of the town?''
"Yes, what flights do you have?'' replied the man.
After some searching, I came back with, ''I'm sorry, sir, I've looked up every airport code in the country and can't find a rhino anywhere.."
The man retorted, ''Oh, don't be silly! Everyone knows where it is. Check your map!''
So I scoured a map of the state of New York and finally offered, ''You don't mean Buffalo, do you?''
The reply? ''Whatever! I knew it was a big animal.''
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moirlend For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Follow your own star

Thanked 3,641 Times in 1,070 Posts

Im not sure if its funny or sad.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hazeleyes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,433 Times in 3,288 Posts

Now I know why all those US citizens think Obama has a personal stash of $.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ramona M. Faunce For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,046 Times in 1,215 Posts

That's less than sad, it's more along the lines of deeply disturbing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hedley For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2010, 10:16 PM

We are surely doomed if we don't vote for more intelligent govt officials in Nov!
The Following User Says Thank You to bulletwoman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Follow your own star

Thanked 3,641 Times in 1,070 Posts

We should come up with a common sence test before they have anything to do with goverment.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,347 Times in 2,814 Posts

i also heard somthing about how none of them could read recently
Old 07-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Weed 'em and reap

Thanked 119,032 Times in 23,628 Posts

I can't understand how the same government that is this perennially stupid and incompetent while writing the laws can be so ruthlessly efficient at ruining peoples lives while (selectively) enforcing them.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Plays best, alone

Thanked 4,977 Times in 2,311 Posts

Funny, but sad if its true. Sounds like BS, why are all the members from the same political party? I'm sure they do not have a monopoly on stupidity.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Raving Loony

Thanked 3,935 Times in 1,501 Posts

Ohhh-kaaaaay. If even half of these are true, I can do better than these people.

Considering that my sink is full of tomatoes, my house is a wreck, my kids are on their third movie of the day, and I haven't slept in 40 hours...

...that's really saying something.