Survivalist Forum banner
4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  7.5mas 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a tent, needs to be light (5-8 lbs.) and at least 2+ or 3 person. I was thinking about a MSR mutha hubba or a Mountain hardware trango or taurine. any thoughts or experiences or other suggestions welcome.It needs to be waterproof and survive wind.

#3 ·
well a all season tent is important but light weight is more important. mostly short distance camping but be able to live out of it if need be. Weather is mostly cool, sometimes rainy or snowing. but I want to be able to use it in summer too. I have 3 eureka timberlines, i think there one of the toughest tents ever made but there +10 lbs for a 4 person outfitter. would like to go lighter, would like to get down to 30 lbs in the pack total.

#4 ·
I've spent plenty of time in a MH Trango 4 in all kinds of conditions and it holds up very well, though it can be a bit heavy. For the use you're describing you'll probably be fine with a sturdy 3 season tent and a good sleeping bag.

Marmot also makes some excellent tents that hold up under alpine conditions. You might like this one. If you're willing to shell out the big bucks Integral Designs has some fantastic 4 season tents that are very light, but built for hard use. This is their 3 person tent, and this is their ultralight version.

#6 ·
#8 ·
Thanks for posting this... I was about to post up a question regarding 2-man tents. Sounds like the Sierra Designs fit the bill perfectly... not outrageously expensive.

At the sametime, how do they hold up to thunderstorms, high winds, etc, etc?

Sorry in advance if I'm thread jacking! :taped:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.