Just When You Think Some OF Our Fellow Gun Owners.... - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 12-11-2019, 10:21 PM
Hail to the King, Baby

Thanked 3,550 Times in 962 Posts

Advertise Here

Noncompliant?! Dead sober I would have trouble playing the simon says game they were commanding him to play, and the guy was almost alcohol poisoned, he was so smashed.

By the way, that ISN't a death sentence unless you are in arizona apparently.

Neither is pointing a pellet rifle out a window.

Shaver BROKE NO LAW AND WAS EXECUTED WHILE BEGGING FOR HIS LIFE.

LET THAT SINK IN.

He was begging for his life and brailsford murdered him.

If you and your five girlfriends with big tattoos, tiny peckers, body armor and rifles can't handle one drunk guy begging for his life then you are a pack of cowards and in the wrong job.

I have watched you argue the 9-11 thread for YEARS, presenting the same BS over and over, so I know what will happen here if anyone dares disagree with you. I don't have years to waste, I'm getting ready for work.

You WILL NOT change my mind.

Brailsford is a murderer, and the "thin blue line" covered his ass. The DA overcharged the crime, knowing FULL DAMNED WELL that the burden of proof couldn't be met for it.

If my pants are falling down, INSTINCT is to keep them from falling, especially if you are impaired and SCARED OUT OF YOUR MIND BY A BONA-FIDE DEATH SQUAD(as they turned out to be).

You will not change my mind.

Brailsford is a murderer, and he RAN to the Philippines because he knew a country of gun owners wouldn't put up with him getting away with it. He is hiding because that's what murderers do.

He was a problem before this, but his daddy being the I.A. Lieutenant kept his ass out of any major paperwork.

But he was a cop, don't know what they go through, shaver shoulda done this, shouldn't have done that, blah, blah, blah.

With the behavior these "trained law enforcement professionals" exhibited, Shaver could have been curled up in a ball in his bathtub, passed out, and these "brave heroes" would have shot him then because they couldn't see his hands, and a FIRE TEAM can't subdue one drunk without shooting him to pieces, and endangering everyone behind him, apparently.

I have said what I came to say about that garbage Brailsford. I am not responding to any of your retorts, everything I said is verifiable FACT.

Rail away in the thread if you want. Brailsford is a murderer.

Sorry about the derail, OP. but that needed to be said. I'm done now.

Edited to add: I don't hate cops, I hate coward murderers hiding behind a system to get away with it. That's my cop-hate disclaimer, because if I get banned for something I EARNED, fine. I REFUSE to be lumped in with the idiots that are on the "cops evil" bandwagon.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to DisgruntledPatriot For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2019, 11:53 PM
Ultranationalist

Thanked 47,797 Times in 9,992 Posts

If taping a banana to a wall is art, then this is too.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:54 PM
Ultranationalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledPatriot View Post
Noncompliant?! Dead sober I would have trouble playing the simon says game they were commanding him to play, and the guy was almost alcohol poisoned, he was so smashed.

By the way, that ISN't a death sentence unless you are in arizona apparently.

Neither is pointing a pellet rifle out a window.

Shaver BROKE NO LAW AND WAS EXECUTED WHILE BEGGING FOR HIS LIFE.

LET THAT SINK IN.

He was begging for his life and brailsford murdered him.

If you and your five girlfriends with big tattoos, tiny peckers, body armor and rifles can't handle one drunk guy begging for his life then you are a pack of cowards and in the wrong job.

I have watched you argue the 9-11 thread for YEARS, presenting the same BS over and over, so I know what will happen here if anyone dares disagree with you. I don't have years to waste, I'm getting ready for work.

You WILL NOT change my mind.

Brailsford is a murderer, and the "thin blue line" covered his ass. The DA overcharged the crime, knowing FULL DAMNED WELL that the burden of proof couldn't be met for it.

If my pants are falling down, INSTINCT is to keep them from falling, especially if you are impaired and SCARED OUT OF YOUR MIND BY A BONA-FIDE DEATH SQUAD(as they turned out to be).

You will not change my mind.

Brailsford is a murderer, and he RAN to the Philippines because he knew a country of gun owners wouldn't put up with him getting away with it. He is hiding because that's what murderers do.

He was a problem before this, but his daddy being the I.A. Lieutenant kept his ass out of any major paperwork.

But he was a cop, don't know what they go through, shaver shoulda done this, shouldn't have done that, blah, blah, blah.

With the behavior these "trained law enforcement professionals" exhibited, Shaver could have been curled up in a ball in his bathtub, passed out, and these "brave heroes" would have shot him then because they couldn't see his hands, and a FIRE TEAM can't subdue one drunk without shooting him to pieces, and endangering everyone behind him, apparently.

I have said what I came to say about that garbage Brailsford. I am not responding to any of your retorts, everything I said is verifiable FACT.

Rail away in the thread if you want. Brailsford is a murderer.

Sorry about the derail, OP. but that needed to be said. I'm done now.

Edited to add: I don't hate cops, I hate coward murderers hiding behind a system to get away with it. That's my cop-hate disclaimer, because if I get banned for something I EARNED, fine. I REFUSE to be lumped in with the idiots that are on the "cops evil" bandwagon.
A lot of cops were happy to see the guy die.
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,624 Times in 2,625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
Interesting memory on Shaver. A JURY acquitted the wrongly charged police officer.

I recall Shaver being reported for pointing a gun at people out the window. And then, on top of being drunk, being noncompliant and REACHED FOR THE SPOT HE REPEATEDLY WAS TOLD NOT TO REACH FOR.

Now, there's not many reasons why someone would continually reach for the "no-no" spot when told by armed men to stop doing that.

I won't claim to know all the ins and outs, nor claim it was a good shoot, but I will agree that it was not a "bad" or wrong shoot. The JURY who saw all the evidence agrees it was not murder.

The best way to not have this stuff happen?
1. Don't point guns at people which summons the cops
2. Don't play with guns while drinking
3. Don't be non complaint with cops and don't keep reaching for your waist band when told not to.

The wording on the dust cover is a nonsensical red herring which is more prejudicial than probative to anything relevant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Daniel_Shaver

"On January 18, 2016, Daniel Leetin Shaver of Granbury, Texas, was shot and killed by police officer Philip Brailsford in the hallway of a La Quinta Inn & Suites hotel in Mesa, Arizona. Police were responding to a report that a rifle had been brandished at the window of Shaver's hotel room.. After the shooting, the rifle, which remained in the room, was determined to be a pellet gun. Following an investigation, Brailsford was charged with second-degree murder and a lesser manslaughter charge and found not guilty by a jury.[1] Prosecutors argued the shooting was unjustified.[2] In March 2018, it became known that the United States Department of Justice has reopened the case and is looking into a possible civil rights violation by Brailsford.[3] Brailsford was reinstated to the department in August 2018, then over a month later was granted retirement on medical grounds, as well as a pension.[4] Brailsford's lawyer has said that Brailsford suffered from post traumatic stress disorder due to his shooting of Shaver and the resultant criminal trial.... On December 7, 2017, after a six week trial, a jury acquitted Brailsford of all charges.[7][9]
He did get acquitted, but I heard they did not let the jury or prosecutor see the video, and other stuff which was odd.

BUT, if you do watch the video again, you can hear and tell he poses ZERO threat, he is on his knees, begging the cops not to shoot him, he sounds scared poopless, he starts crying...the situation is HIGH stress, the cops are yelling, telling him to shut up, telling him they are going to shoot him, giving mixed signals command and confusing for a sober person with all the yelling from different people. If a "trained" person couldn't tell that this man wanted to 250% give up and live, and I could...that's not good. Unless that cop is pure evil, I do NOT see how he could live with himself. That was murder, and a BS jury and procedures let him off. I usually side with cops, etc, but that video actually made me very sad because you totally could tell he wanted out of the situation....that cop wanted to shoot him and did. mission accomplished.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:28 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,624 Times in 2,625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post
A lot of cops were happy to see the guy die.
to see shaver die? why?
Old 12-12-2019, 10:51 AM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 8,986 Times in 1,960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper708 View Post
Most "BB" guns then weren't designed to look exactly like real firearms.
Oh really???

This was my "loadout".

In my day toy guns weren't made to look like the goofy ass nerf guns of today.

The best was when I had enough saved up to buy a milk carton of .22 and my dad would lend me his old high standard 9 shot revolver. Even then no one freaked out.

I was born in 1975. The "guns are scary" paranoia people have been brainwashed into is fairly recent.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2019, 12:22 PM
For Conversation's Sake.

Thanked 18,057 Times in 5,513 Posts

So many angles to this Homoki video. A lot to be considered.

So the anonymous tip came from a fellow user of a video game community software named Discord:
Quote:
Discord is a proprietary freeware VoIP application and digital distribution platform designed for video gaming communities, that specializes in text, image, video and audio communication between users in a chat channel.
Quote:
The anonymous tipster said they feared Homoki was planning something because he had becoming less stable and said, "almost guarantee if he ... is confronted while at home, he will open fire on Federal Agents or police," according to the search warrant.
So it appears Homoki was making a first person shooter type video for his online gaming buddies and one of them decided to Red Flag him.

During the arrest several "high capacity" magazines and "unsecured" guns were discovered which is what nailed him. Nothing in the video.

Quote:
Scott Brunner, the head of the FBI's San Diego office, called the arrest an "extraordinary accomplishment" and commended the task force for their quick work in locating and apprehending Homoki.

"The extraordinarily swift investigative efforts put forth by the dedicated Agents and Officers of the San Diego JTTF quickly identified, located and arrested Mr. Homoki, preventing further incident," Brunner said in a statement. "Just three days ago Mr. Homoki was an unknown poster of disturbing videos and is now behind bars, his threats neutralized.
Lots to be learned here about the risks of online behavior.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaBeeDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2019, 07:14 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,424 Times in 1,280 Posts

Quote:
I was born in 1975. The "guns are scary" paranoia people have been brainwashed into is fairly recent.
I had quit playing with toy guns before then.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,444 Times in 3,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchet jack View Post
Here is a video of a man that lived not far from me named Daniel Shaver who was murdered while on his knees by Arizona police after he waved or pointed a pellet gun out of a hotel window. The cop got away with murder on this one. Shot the guy 5 times with an AR that had "You're F*cked" stenciled on the dust cover that can be seen when the dust cover pops open. Playing games with guns on videos is not a good idea.

You will have to sign in to watch this.

Body-Cam Video Of Daniel Shaver Shooting | Los Angeles Times - YouTube
That cop is a piece of garbage.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Exarmyguy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2019, 09:02 PM
Ultranationalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconsBravesHawks View Post
to see shaver die? why?
Because he flinched.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:04 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,033 Times in 3,902 Posts

I think at this point in time they'll arrest any one they see as remotely dangerous. They're chasing their tails trying to satisfy the public and get ahead of mass shooters/shootings.

Sure they'll nab a few idiots (some guilty some not) and it will generate sensational headlines for the media. Yet it won't take long for rest to wise up and disappear into the woodwork. So what are they really accomplishing?

So yeah I think it's good they put a crimp in this guys style, but for every one they nab there will always be a few that wise up and go dark.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2019, 01:38 PM
Limited Tolerance Member

Thanked 11,030 Times in 3,304 Posts

`

They'll also add this guy to the list of "Lone Wolf" terrorists to help keep the numbers skewed away from any politically incorrect truths.

https://gatdaily.com/fbi-lone-offend...rorism-report/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chuckleberry For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2019, 04:04 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 42,890 Times in 13,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbowie1 View Post
BACK in the 50,s and 60,s when i grew up in pittsburgh pa. just about every boy had a 22 and a shotgun and a bow and a fishing rod hanging up in his room, most of us built gunracks in wood shop at school and the teacher helped us, REDTAIL, I dont remember more violence back then ,? I only remember the texas tower shooting and the jfk assination.
We did it at my school too in the late 70's too. Heck, I even had three FEMALE hunting buddies. Now here is the the important part....

None of the people in my school were on probation or had outstanding warrants.
None of their parents were in prison or on probation.
Latch-key kids were rare.
There were no gangs, the closest thing we had were the beer drinkers who listened to David Allen Coe or Jerry Jeff Walker, the stoners who prefered Pink Floyd and Rush and the geeks who stayed in the basement to play Chess, Risk and D&D.
None were diagnosed with severe mental issues.
None were taking meds for: Depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, bi-polar, ADHD or anything else mental.
None of us knew anyone who had been murdered or knew anyone who had commited murder.
None of them were alcoholics or drug addicts (yet).
Not a single Republican or Liberal kid, thought about, talked about, threatened, or even made a joke about killing the other or anyone else.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:34 PM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 33,327 Times in 8,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconsBravesHawks View Post
He did get acquitted, but I heard they did not let the jury or prosecutor see the video, and other stuff which was odd.

BUT, if you do watch the video again, you can hear and tell he poses ZERO threat, he is on his knees, begging the cops not to shoot him, he sounds scared poopless, he starts crying...the situation is HIGH stress, the cops are yelling, telling him to shut up, telling him they are going to shoot him, giving mixed signals command and confusing for a sober person with all the yelling from different people. If a "trained" person couldn't tell that this man wanted to 250% give up and live, and I could...that's not good. Unless that cop is pure evil, I do NOT see how he could live with himself. That was murder, and a BS jury and procedures let him off. I usually side with cops, etc, but that video actually made me very sad because you totally could tell he wanted out of the situation....that cop wanted to shoot him and did. mission accomplished.
There's at least one separate thread on Shaver. You can read all about it here: https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...ghlight=shaver

I said before that it was a tragic situation and a rough outcome for many. I think calling the cops in the wrong is pretty harsh, but their actions certainly were questionable. I will note that the female who COMPLIED with pretty simple commands survived, so alleging the cops wanted to kill people is unsupported. They gave not totally unreasonable commands, which were not only NOT followed but Shaver kept reaching to where a gun could be concealed. That's why he was shot dead. It's not the cops fault he was drinking, hammered drunk, playing with a gun, and kept reaching for where people conceal guns. They could not have known if others were in the room waiting to ambush, they could not have known it was a toy, etc.

Sometimes really dumb people put HUMAN cops in really difficult life/death situations and the cops make poor decisions. Then we sit around and armchair them from the luxury of our computer screens.

I'm sure everyone wishes they'd have acted differently. In hindsight, perhaps the cops or management could have simply called the room and asked them to come to the lobby? Using a ruse or subterfuge (we have a free welcome gift for you, etc.). Then subdue them in the lobby unsuspecting...

Let's keep on track with this thread.

I'll just say this guy played stupid games and when you do that you win stupid prizes.
The Following User Says Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2019, 11:59 AM

Default Shop Teachers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbowie1 View Post
BACK in the 50,s and 60,s when i grew up in pittsburgh pa. just about every boy had a 22 and a shotgun and a bow and a fishing rod hanging up in his room, most of us built gunracks in wood shop at school and the teacher helped us, REDTAIL, I dont remember more violence back then ,? I only remember the texas tower shooting and the jfk assination.
In about '65, ny shop teacher in a junior high school in Dade County was making himself a leather holster in shop, in the school. He didn't bring the gun, a smallish semi-auto, in the school but had cut out a thick plywood mock-up of it to mold the leather around. No one thought anything about it.