Advertise Here

Old 11-04-2019, 08:50 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,694 Times in 1,434 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post
“This generation”?

I guess the 60’s was all straight laced.

You all wonder why we hate you. You have literally nothing positive to say about anyone younger than you.
You hate me? That's a strong word for a Christian. that is if you are one.

Isn't Jesus that forbids this kind of behavior and indeed God the Father? You hate Jesus and God the Father as well?

Also, I am mostly sure that I am younger than you.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2019, 09:27 AM
Gatorbait

This is a ridiculous discussion. God made Eve for Adam, not Eves. So many people say well there is no specific verse using the exact language I will accept that says it is wrong. Well there is no verse saying you should not specifically give meth to a monkey but we know its wrong because it is implied and also God gave you a conscience. It's implied everywhere one man, one woman. There is a not a place in the Bible where multiple wives work well. There are many places where one wife works great.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:30 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,600 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogshak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuteandfuzzybunnies View Post
Sorry but David’s lust for a married woman was his downfall. God told him he would have given him more wives. God can’t give you something snd have it be sinful since god can’t sin. .
Please cite the verse(s) in which God told David he would have given him more wives.
2 Samuel 12:8

“ And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.”

This is KJV it’s basically the same in most translations.
Notice in almost every translation wives is plural.

God gave David wives. Every body knew this. And this was no big deal. That’s because monogamy was a Roman custom like Christmas or Easter that was “christianized “ and added to the church when it was romanized.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuteandfuzzybunnies For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2019, 06:16 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,795 Times in 8,361 Posts

What is it in your life that you cannot sexually commit to one woman? Do you feel you may have some issues?

'Cause that's what it looks like to me. I can take a verse out of context too:

2 Samuel 17:23
Now when Ahithophel saw that his advice was not followed, he saddled a donkey, and arose and went home to his house, to his city. Then he put his household in order, and hanged himself, and died; and he was buried in his father’s tomb.

Matthew 27:5 Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and hanged himself.

See? Suicide is OK in the Bible.

Oh, yeah, and:
2 Chronicles 24:5
and see that you do it quickly.

See? Anyone can play the "take a verse out of context" game. Doesn't make it right. We all know, deep down, God hates suicide, just like he hates adultery.

We know this. You can fight it all you want, start threads begging for approval, brag about your threesome all you want, but it's wrong and you know it. I just pray you don't have kids to get ****ed up from this because they will never have a healthy relationship otherwise.

And, again, I'm going to suggest legal counsel for you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2019, 09:00 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogshak View Post
Quote:
Sorry but David’s lust for a married woman was his downfall. God told him he would have given him more wives. God can’t give you something snd have it be sinful since god can’t sin. .
Please cite the verse(s) in which God told David he would have given him more wives.

“ And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.”

This is KJV it’s basically the same in most translations.

God gave David wives. Every body knew this. And this was no big deal. That’s because monogamy was a Roman custom like Christmas or Easter that was “christianized “ and added to the church when it was romanized.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuteandfuzzybunnies For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2019, 12:44 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Buckeye Guy View Post
I wish you better luck than any other throuple I have ever witnessed. Not being snarky, just factual. Take care!
I know LOTS of throuples and other plural married folks that have been together for 10+ years.

Most marriages and relationships end badly. Poly relationships are not immune to that. But it’s all about how you act and who you partner with.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuteandfuzzybunnies For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2019, 12:56 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinet Maker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
Preach it, Cabinet!

Sex addicts, like any other addict, will use ANYTHING to justify addiction. My husband takes one verse out of the Bible to justify drinking, and ignores the dozens of other verses about "drunkards". Same with sex addicts.

The word you are looking for is "fornicators".

Yeah, we have a whole bunch of folks around here who delight in picking individual verses which suit their own belief system.

We just need to keep praying for them.
Not individual verses. The entire Society in biblical times understood polygyny to be a normal and godly type of marriage. So many biblical figures where married to multiple wives. God never once said you can’t do this. He has so many rules he clearly states BUT some Christians insist that he meant this even though he never said it.

At the same time through history we know that monogamy only was a Roman practice adopted by Christians from the romans not from Torah , not from the messiah etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuteandfuzzybunnies For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2019, 01:18 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
What is it in your life that you cannot sexually commit to one woman? Do you feel you may have some issues?

'Cause that's what it looks like to me. I can take a verse out of context too:

2 Samuel 17:23
Now when Ahithophel saw that his advice was not followed, he saddled a donkey, and arose and went home to his house, to his city. Then he put his household in order, and hanged himself, and died; and he was buried in his father’s tomb.

Matthew 27:5 Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and hanged himself.

See? Suicide is OK in the Bible.

Oh, yeah, and:
2 Chronicles 24:5
and see that you do it quickly.

See? Anyone can play the "take a verse out of context" game. Doesn't make it right. We all know, deep down, God hates suicide, just like he hates adultery.

We know this. You can fight it all you want, start threads begging for approval, brag about your threesome all you want, but it's wrong and you know it. I just pray you don't have kids to get ****ed up from this because they will never have a healthy relationship otherwise.

And, again, I'm going to suggest legal counsel for you.
Why would I feel the need to commit to just one woman ?

And adultery ? In biblical times that meant a man sleeping with another man’s wife or a married woman being with another man.

I didn’t start this thread so I’m not begging for approval.

Btw the way your husband treated you was wrong. But not all poly relationships are like that.

You keep talking about sex addiction. But the fact is most people aren’t poly because they want lots of sex. I could have a LOT more sex with a lot more people if I just cheated or had side relationships. That’s not what this life is about to people like me. You don’t marry two women or get into LTRs because you want lots of sex with different partners. If you want that you meet random hookups off tinder and have sex in motels.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:04 AM
Hunter

Quote:

ď And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.Ē

This is KJV itís basically the same in most translations.

God gave David wives. Every body knew this. And this was no big deal. Thatís because monogamy was a Roman custom like Christmas or Easter that was ďchristianized ď and added to the church when it was romanized.
Thanks; I just wanted to confirm that was the verse to which you referred.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:39 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1 View Post
The mental gymnastics is to believe that because polygamy is in the Bible that it represents God's will or His best.Solomon had multiple wives. In the end multiple wives led to his downfall and not finishing strong. David's lust for another wife caused him to commit murder. Too many examples in there that show polygamy is problematic. Read the whole Bible in it's entirety and see what it really says. Besides what is mentioned above is polyamory, can't even commit to marriage. Just men and women being s**ts with their partner's approval.
Polygamy actually IS God's will, which is why Isaiah 4:1 says what it says and for specific reasons if you do actually read the whole Bible under the direction of the Holy Spirit.

And I suppose that lust and murder only happens through people who practice polygamy? Is that what you are saying? The truth is that if people actually practiced polygamy the way God wants it to be practiced, there would be fewer problems with divorce, lust and murder.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:49 AM
Survivor

Thanks to Cuteandfuzzybunnies. Finally someone who knows what they are talking about. My first wife and I have been married for over 9 years and my second wife and I have been married over 7 years and we are still going strong.

They love each other dearly and have an up and coming business together. We have added 2 additional wives recently and more are on the way. They all get along and are happy. God blesses us greatly and we are obedient to Him.

And yes, anyone who thinks this is for sex is ill informed. The sex is great mind you, but it is no different than sex inside a monogamous marriage and I do not keep girlfriends or mistresses. If a woman is not interested in marrying into our family I do not associate further with them. Just because the Romans and the Catholics that followed them changed the ways of God and replaced the commandments of God with human traditions does not negate in any way what God's plan is for us.

A time will come that Isaiah 4:1 will be forced on the church and the world. Then all the naysayers will be singing a different tune. That is what Isaiah 3 from v. 16 through chapter 4 tells us.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:26 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drray777 View Post
Thanks to Cuteandfuzzybunnies. Finally someone who knows what they are talking about. My first wife and I have been married for over 9 years and my second wife and I have been married over 7 years and we are still going strong.

They love each other dearly and have an up and coming business together. We have added 2 additional wives recently and more are on the way. They all get along and are happy. God blesses us greatly and we are obedient to Him.

And yes, anyone who thinks this is for sex is ill informed. The sex is great mind you, but it is no different than sex inside a monogamous marriage and I do not keep girlfriends or mistresses. If a woman is not interested in marrying into our family I do not associate further with them. Just because the Romans and the Catholics that followed them changed the ways of God and replaced the commandments of God with human traditions does not negate in any way what God's plan is for us.

A time will come that Isaiah 4:1 will be forced on the church and the world. Then all the naysayers will be singing a different tune. That is what Isaiah 3 from v. 16 through chapter 4 tells us.
I think 2 is the limit for us. I just don’t think I’m comfortable disappointing more than 2 women at a time 🙂. I have a friend who has three and that’s a lot of responsibility.

Seriously glad your family is doing well. I don’t think polygyny is for everybody. I do think that men who can handle it should marry more than one wife as it’s our duty to marry and multiply and care for women who raise good godly children.

Pastors in some churches will tell you the Torah is not for today. Never stops them from asking for the tithe.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:37 AM
Gatorbait

I'm still waiting for anyone to answer why God made Eve for Adam and not Eves?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arch Stanton For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2019, 09:40 AM
Survivor

Thanked 23,795 Times in 8,361 Posts

I said sex and approval.

I think most would say I do not have an ideal marriage, but I am not out looking for more men to add to the relationship because 1. Not God's will. 2. From what I saw from his open marriage phase it causes a lot more drama.

I already have had trouble with men we know who read the blog and went off on my husband - protective of me but not really their place to be so. I can only imagine if we were all in the same house.

I actually had an ex track me down and wanted to move in and both of us agreed hell no that would never happen.

That's why I don't get why anyone would want to sign up for that even ASSUMING it was God's will on which we will have to disagree.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:12 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
I'm still waiting for anyone to answer why God made Eve for Adam and not Eves?
Because Adam and Eve were the seed and Isaiah 4:1 is the full grown plant. That is how God always does things.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:15 AM
Survivor

Quote:
I think 2 is the limit for us. I just donít think Iím comfortable disappointing more than 2 women at a time 🙂. I have a friend who has three and thatís a lot of responsibility.

Seriously glad your family is doing well. I donít think polygyny is for everybody. I do think that men who can handle it should marry more than one wife as itís our duty to marry and multiply and care for women who raise good godly children.

Pastors in some churches will tell you the Torah is not for today. Never stops them from asking for the tithe.
Thanks for the comments. Once you are at 2, you are outnumbered just like with kids. That is where actually doing what the Bible says comes in. It works. The more wives who live according to the Word and love each other that you have, the better things get for everyone. Anyone who does not live it can never understand it. But it is definitely God.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:51 AM
Survivor

Thanked 16,253 Times in 5,119 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6iAjEv9dQ
Old 11-08-2019, 08:23 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,694 Times in 1,434 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the comments. Once you are at 2, you are outnumbered just like with kids. That is where actually doing what the Bible says comes in. It works. The more wives who live according to the Word and love each other that you have, the better things get for everyone. Anyone who does not live it can never understand it. But it is definitely God.
What's not to understand? The more p***y the better.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:39 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 7,402 Times in 2,316 Posts

Full retard thread
Old 11-08-2019, 02:56 PM
Gatorbait

Quote:
Because Adam and Eve were the seed and Isaiah 4:1 is the full grown plant. That is how God always does things.
Technically Jesus would be the full grown plant and He never married.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arch Stanton For This Useful Post: