Fraud: Dominos Pizza order website - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 07-10-2019, 06:54 AM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Thanked 28,192 Times in 8,198 Posts
Default Fraud: Dominos Pizza order website

Advertise Here

Had two identical charges made against two cards saved on the Dominos order website last night. The order was made in Houston, TX.

One was immediately declined. The other, I contacted my bank's fraud line within minutes and had the same stopped.

I attempted to contact Dominos customer service line this morning. The call went right to an automated voice mailbox, that informed me that it did not accept messages.

I have wiped the information from my Dominos login account.

There is a surprising number of such incidents reported on the web. As such, it would appear that Dominos has a website security problem, and not interested in correcting it.

Too bad for Dominos and its franchisees. They have permanently lost my business.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Sockpuppet For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 07:05 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,894 Times in 1,719 Posts

I just called their 734- 930-3030 number and it went right through to a live person. Maybe their lines open at 8am?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Don H For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 07:14 AM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don H View Post
I just called their 734- 930-3030 number and it went right through to a live person. Maybe their lines open at 8am?
I just contacted them. Thanks.

I also asked why there wasn't a message regarding contact hours. He couldn't answer that question.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Sockpuppet For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 07:30 AM
Bad Dog

Thanked 14,689 Times in 3,123 Posts

I used to be a web site developer and worked on many e-commerce sites. The problem with way too many is they are storing and not encrypting full credit card numbers. Some also store the security code.

Both are a violation of the credit card company rules. A web site is only allowed to store the last 4 digits of a credit card number and they are never supposed to store the security code. The security code is intended to be used for an immediate electronic transaction only. Never ever give it anyone over the phone and do not allow brick-and-mortar stores to write it down.

All a company needs to issue a refund to a credit card is the last 4 digits and certain parts of the customer's billing address. That can also be used for addition orders form the same web site account.

The other issue is that most web sites have no idea that someone breached their system. I suspect more than 95% of the breaches go undetected.

The bottom line is if the web sites followed the credit card rules, there would not be an issue with online credit card theft.

Whether you like PayPal or not, they are much safer than using a credit card. I use PayPal for every online transaction that takes PayPal. Even if you use a credit card with PayPal, the merchant never sees the credit card info.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 08:21 AM
cogito ergo sum

Thanked 186,745 Times in 38,344 Posts

Wait a minute. You consider what Dominoe's sells pizza?
Old 07-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Survivor

Thanked 22,365 Times in 7,690 Posts

I am curious how you are certain it was a Dominos breach. If you stored your data there, you probably stored it many other places as well.

I knew when I had a problem at Quest Diagnosistics because I had never used the cards online, and only in person at the lab. She took the card and left the room, came back 5 minutes later "It didn't work, do you have another?" I gave her the other card, she went away for 5 minutes "It didn't work either" so I paid cash for the blood test.

The next day they started hitting both cards, and I have never gone back. I am certain she went in the other room and called in the numbers to her conspirator.

Nefarious, cheesy bread's pretty good, and my husband loves the specialty chicken.
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,352 Times in 2,313 Posts

Always use cash and there won't be a problem.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jdog67 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 10:18 AM
Bad Dog

Thanked 14,689 Times in 3,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
I am curious how you are certain it was a Dominos breach. If you stored your data there, you probably stored it many other places as well.

I knew when I had a problem at Quest Diagnosistics because I had never used the cards online, and only in person at the lab. She took the card and left the room, came back 5 minutes later "It didn't work, do you have another?" I gave her the other card, she went away for 5 minutes "It didn't work either" so I paid cash for the blood test.

The next day they started hitting both cards, and I have never gone back. I am certain she went in the other room and called in the numbers to her conspirator.

Nefarious, cheesy bread's pretty good, and my husband loves the specialty chicken.
You may have been hit with the restaurant scam. It works like this: You give your card to a waiter or waitress and he or she walks away to process the card. When they get to the back room, they take images of the front and back of the card with their cell phone and send it to the scammer. The scammer is frequently running up charges before you leave the restaurant.

I always pay cash in a restaurant.

It is very suspicious that the person walked away with your cards and both cards got hit. Whenever I've used Quest, they processed the card at the front desk.

The key to making the scam work is the security code. Without it, most credit cards automatically freeze the account with three consecutive charges without the code within a specific time limit. With the code, there is nothing to stop them, other than multiple charges from around the world. The scammers frequently stop at two because they know the third will trigger an alert and you will get a call from your credit card company. When they stop at two, you may never see it until your next credit card statement.

NEVER give the security code to anyone over the phone, even if they tell you they need it. The charge will still go through without it. But without it, at least the credit card alerts will work if the number is stolen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 10:50 AM
Survivor

Well, my fraud happened about 10 years ago. We always pay cash at a restaurant.

I use my debit card for online things (Kratom, Amazon, Walmart delivery) and it is on a separate account than the bill paying account. If I get hacked it will not be a catastrophe.

We have 3 accounts, one for him, me, and the business.

My bank called me after the last fraud and shut down my account, were great about getting me a new card, etc. But we never put anything on his card because that's for bills.

If he wants to buy something he will give me cash to put in my account (Kratom) and then I make the purchase on my account.

I feel pretty confident in Walmart and Amazon's security. They're pretty much the only ones have my card.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:30 PM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Quote:
I am curious how you are certain it was a Dominos breach. If you stored your data there, you probably stored it many other places as well...
1. It was the only site that I stored both of those particular account numbers.

2. Both breaches were for the same amount, 3 minutes apart, and were for the same Dominos location in Houston. The second card was used, when the first was declined.

3. Information from the order confirmation email is as follows:

Customer Information
Name on Order: Alondra G
Callback Phone #: 346-813-3308
Your Domino's Store (6688): 1419 W Mount Houston Rd Houston TX 77038 | 281-931-1717
Carryout Time: Approximately 10-20 minutes

Order Details
Order #: 781203
Date: 07/09/2019 10:01PM

Food & Bev Total: $70.92
Tax: $5.85
Bottle Deposit: $0.00
Total: $76.77
Old 07-10-2019, 03:48 PM
The Hawks Nest

Thanked 22,391 Times in 8,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post
I used to be a web site developer and worked on many e-commerce sites. The problem with way too many is they are storing and not encrypting full credit card numbers. Some also store the security code.

Both are a violation of the credit card company rules. A web site is only allowed to store the last 4 digits of a credit card number and they are never supposed to store the security code. The security code is intended to be used for an immediate electronic transaction only. Never ever give it anyone over the phone and do not allow brick-and-mortar stores to write it down.

All a company needs to issue a refund to a credit card is the last 4 digits and certain parts of the customer's billing address. That can also be used for addition orders form the same web site account.

The other issue is that most web sites have no idea that someone breached their system. I suspect more than 95% of the breaches go undetected.

The bottom line is if the web sites followed the credit card rules, there would not be an issue with online credit card theft.

Whether you like PayPal or not, they are much safer than using a credit card. I use PayPal for every online transaction that takes PayPal. Even if you use a credit card with PayPal, the merchant never sees the credit card info.
This part is interesting. EVERY place that I have ordered food for delivery over the phone has required the security code.

"A terrorist is only as strong as the fear he creates."

"Things you own end up owning you"
- Tyler Durban
Old 07-10-2019, 03:52 PM
Survivor

That makes sense.

You are not that far from me if that is your local store (I am near 249 and the Beltway).

I couldn't help but notice the name on the order. Somehow I doubt she is Swiss.

Years ago my husband was totally broke and I was working to support us both, we had just moved back to Houston. So happy to be here (still am). But worn out and did not feel like making dinner, he didn't cook.

He did nice things like bringing me breakfast every morning and this night he ordered pizza with his credit card. She had him read the number, said "She didn't get it" and had him read it again, said it went through.

We get the credit card bill and there's proactive solution on it, two orders at $80 an order. My husband makes all the right calls. He realizes the Papa John's phone clerk wrote his number down the second time and then used it for her pimple medicine.

He called the store "Do you have a black employee with a bad acne problem, a woman?" Yes, the manager said. "She just ripped me off!" The manager wouldn't do anything about it and hung up on us. We stopped using Papa John's after that.

But I often think of her getting arrested and getting hauled off to prison right as the pimple medicine kicked in.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:04 PM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Quote:
...You are not that far from me if that is your local store (I am near 249 and the Beltway)...
I'm not even within 1000 miles of that location.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Sockpuppet For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 04:12 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,965 Times in 769 Posts

File a report with your card holder. Mine (Capital One) is always good about correcting the charge and getting me new cards.

Kind of a PITA, admittedly.
The Following User Says Thank You to NickTheGreat For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 04:23 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,748 Times in 634 Posts

Sock, sorry about your misfortune but the real fraud here is Dominos passing off what they sell as pizza.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BravoLimaDelta For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 07:32 PM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
File a report with your card holder. Mine (Capital One) is always good about correcting the charge and getting me new cards.

Kind of a PITA, admittedly.
I was on the phone with both the card carriers last night, minutes after the charges were made.

Yes, it is a PITA.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:34 PM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoLimaDelta View Post
Sock, sorry about your misfortune but the real fraud here is Dominos passing off what they sell as pizza.
Agreed. Though I do like their other stuff, especially their Chicken Habanero Sandwich.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:30 PM
Bunker Hill Patriot

Thanked 11,138 Times in 4,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog67 View Post
Yeah, because everyone wants to live like a hermit and waste money.

I just got done ordering two pistons and a direct thread mount for half the cost of what I was quoted by the “local” class 3 dealer who is an hour away.

I’ll stick with modern buying practices because I don’t like throwing money away.
The Following User Says Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 08:39 PM

Apparently, the McDonalds pay app is easy to hack. People getting took for robbed for **** food.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:49 PM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 8,001 Times in 3,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog67 View Post
I tried to pay cash at a cell provider store today... tomorrow I'm going to complain to USSS for that snot nosed kid refusing to take Federal Reserve Notes that are good for all debts public and private. I honestly think he was trying to steal my identity because of the truly unnecessary **** he was asking after I complied with the demand for my DL to prove identity. Already notified LifeLock and the bank about the potential issue... credit already frozen...
The Following User Says Thank You to Old fart For This Useful Post: