Mentioning of Foodstamps.....Kind of A Rant - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lottery Winners Foodstamps. Limping Crow General Discussion 22 06-16-2015 11:16 PM
Worth mentioning again ... mmbsr Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 3 05-25-2014 08:50 PM
So without mentioning the name of the story DRPLMMM Books, Movies & Stories 58 02-25-2014 11:51 AM
More Than 100 Millom American on Foodstamps george4inflationus General Discussion 23 07-11-2013 08:48 PM
Job interview..Mentioning hunting/ guns? geordie1 British Isles and ROI 20 05-10-2013 03:07 PM
Wow Media Light Day on mentioning NY primary styxNstones Political News and Discussion 4 04-25-2012 07:36 AM
What Shouldnt Be Allowed On Foodstamps?? DarkBlue General Discussion 81 02-21-2012 09:34 AM
When Foodstamps End, First Hand Account DarkBlue General Discussion 59 09-28-2011 02:44 AM
OMG I'm Going To Need Foodstamps... DarkBlue General Discussion 21 09-25-2011 02:23 PM
FoodStamps in Georgia romansmomga General Discussion 9 10-18-2010 06:33 AM

Old 08-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Grevcon 10ⓖ & MGM20ⓜ

Thanked 9,725 Times in 3,877 Posts

Advertise Here

OK living in California I am going to chime in here.

1. We give Food Stamps & Cash Welfare Checks to Illegal Aliens. Our Politicians should be thrown in jail.
2. We should not allow Candy, Soda, Junk Food to be purchased with Tax Payer Funded Food Stamps.
3. Food Stamps should have a time limit. I know people who have received Food Stamps for 20 years.
4. For any any one wanting Welfare or Food Stamps they should agree to Norplant if they do not no additional Taxpayer Funded increase in Welfare or Food Stamps will be provided if additional children are born.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to felicia For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 07:05 PM

The bottom line is, no matter what they bought, it is wrong to take money BY FORCE from the people that earned it to redistribute to people that did not earn it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aisa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Target Shooter

All institutionalized (read multigenerational) public assistance recipients should be tossed off immediatley. If they riot/loot, they get shot. Problem solved.
The Following User Says Thank You to whoever For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Grevcon 10ⓖ & MGM20ⓜ

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post
All institutionalized (read multigenerational) public assistance recipients should be tossed off immediatley. If they riot/loot, they get shot. Problem solved.
When they go to loot & take by force food from any well armed prepper they will be shot.
The Following User Says Thank You to felicia For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Just livin'

Thanked 3,786 Times in 1,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicia View Post

1. We give Food Stamps & Cash Welfare Checks to Illegal Aliens. Our Politicians should be thrown in jail.
2. We should not allow Candy, Soda, Junk Food to be purchased with Tax Payer Funded Food Stamps.
3. Food Stamps should have a time limit. I know people who have received Food Stamps for 20 years.
4. For any any one wanting Welfare or Food Stamps they should agree to Norplant if they do not no additional Taxpayer Funded increase in Welfare or Food Stamps will be provided if additional children are born.
I just escaped from that cesspool called California so I have seen what you mean first hand. Unfortunately it is no better here. But I do like the way you think!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullets~n~Beans For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Grevcon 10ⓖ & MGM20ⓜ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullets~n~Beans View Post
I just escaped from that cesspool called California so I have seen what you mean first hand. Unfortunately it is no better here. But I do like the way you think!
Thanks you Bullets~n~Beans, It is hard for people who never lived in California to understand. Now only if I could convince my DH that we need to leave this cesspool.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Just livin'

Thanked 3,786 Times in 1,491 Posts

Quote:
Thanks you Bullets~n~Beans, It is hard for people who never lived in California to understand. No only if I could convince my DH that we need to leave this cesspool.
I was born and raised in the Sierra's east of Sacramento. Escaping was the best thing I ever did!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Those were the days....

Thanked 11,968 Times in 3,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightorfight View Post
So several years down the road we can pay to have their rotten teeth fixed.
And medicate their Diabetes.
The Following User Says Thank You to usmc0331 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 08:18 PM
COINTELPRO Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc0331 View Post
And medicate their Diabetes.
than chop off their feet so when the shtf we have to arrange special transportation for them
Old 08-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,981 Times in 3,430 Posts

My brother used to rent a garage (actually, it was a barn) do work on cars in near an old building that should have been condemned. He said there were about 20 people living there, all on welfare. He said if you ever wanted groceries for cheap, just about any of those people would be glad to have you take them to the supermarket, you fill up your cart, they pay using their food stamps, and you give them 1/2 the cost of the groceries in cash, and you keep the groceries.

Sad sad sad.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,027 Posts

I've seen a few around here buy hotdogs and fixings and soda on stamps to sell at their yard sales like a concession stand.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:17 PM

HAHA...that's nothing....My wife works in an OBGYN office where certain women are overheard quite frequently talking on their cell phones at lunch time SELLING their foodstamps......I just don't get it. Take away these social programs and these people will have no choice but to go out and earn a living and do the right thing....until then the fraud and scams will continue until America goes the way of the Romans, Aztecs, Mayans, etc and become an extinct civilization in a history lesson...
The Following User Says Thank You to scguy2473 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,069 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:

I've seen this type of comment several times on this board. I know there is an anti-immigrant sentiment here, but I find this comment illogical. I can understand if you don't agree with anybody getting welfare/foodstamps, I agree with that in a number of ways. What I don't understand is that somehow an illegal should be excluded from the system.

If the principle of welfare/foodstamps is to help poor people, then their legal status really shouldn't be a factor, since being poor has no relation to immigration status. Now if you want to argue that the legals/citizens deserve it, then you're really not arguing that they're poor, just that they are entitled to it based (at least in part) on their citizenship. So the part I don't understand is why citizenship status entitles people to welfare/foodstamps in any way, shape or form?
The Following User Says Thank You to aletoledo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Just the facts, Ma'am.

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aletoledo View Post
I've seen this type of comment several times on this board. I know there is an anti-immigrant sentiment here, but I find this comment illogical. I can understand if you don't agree with anybody getting welfare/foodstamps, I agree with that in a number of ways. What I don't understand is that somehow an illegal should be excluded from the system.

If the principle of welfare/foodstamps is to help poor people, then their legal status really shouldn't be a factor, since being poor has no relation to immigration status. Now if you want to argue that the legals/citizens deserve it, then you're really not arguing that they're poor, just that they are entitled to it based (at least in part) on their citizenship. So the part I don't understand is why citizenship status entitles people to welfare/foodstamps in any way, shape or form?
I think the argument is that poor citizens should be helped before people that here against the law,
The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Simonson For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:

A) Illegal is ILLEGAL.
B) Legal citizens pay taxes which (supposedly) go toward the welfare/SSI/foodstamps. Thus, only these folks should be eligible.

How many of you nay sayers, on the other hand, have been in a situation of needing foodstamps? I think you'd alter your stance a little.

I believe in the temp sterilization of both sexes that receive foodstamps (including fines or aid stopping if found pregnant/making someone else so), drug testing, imposing time limits and basic help to find employment (to get off foodstamps), among other things regarding programs like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aoife Grey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Prepared Gourmet

Thanked 6,111 Times in 2,122 Posts

Quote:

I jumped through a LOT of hoops to go the right way to live here - in the land of my ancestors (who came over on the Mayflower, settled these lands and fought to keep it free). I am not rich either - almost qualify for the things you are talking about but will never ever take them even if I/we finally do qualify. It is about pride and consideration for others. I get NO handouts from the government, never have, never will. I help pay for people who are here illegally. If I were to go to their countries of origin, I would get nothing. Sorry, but, they should not be here (unless they go through what I and many others have had to to be legal here) or if they are to be here, we should NOT be paying for them!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Prepared

Actually there was a report recently of some lady buying food with foodstamps, preparing the food and selling it as lunch in her home for local workers. Think she got in some trouble for it but I never heard anything else.
The Following User Says Thank You to Doc1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Just the facts, Ma'am.

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc1 View Post
Actually there was a report recently of some lady buying food with foodstamps, preparing the food and selling it as lunch in her home for local workers. Think she got in some trouble for it but I never heard anything else.
Ok. That one makes my head hurt. It's quite entrepreneurial of her which I am in favor of. But she is using tax money wrongly which I am not in favor of. One of my friends had been unemployed for some time and finally gave up looking for a job and opened his own business (also started driving truck for a friend of his after he started a business). His comment was that he couldn't just wait around for a job, and that he had to make a job. But he wasn't taking food stamps.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,068 Times in 372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoife Grey View Post
How many of you nay sayers, on the other hand, have been in a situation of needing foodstamps? I think you'd alter your stance a little.
I was raised by a parent that met every definition of poor. Didn't want anything to do with government assistance. Got assistance every once in a while from the church, but that was all.

Welfare should end period. Provide for yourself or die; stop sucking the life out of everyone else. Stop breeding kids. And I am tired of helping people in the name of the kids. If you are going to help the kids - take the kids; leave the mother or father on the street.
The Following User Says Thank You to freeak For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Custom User Title Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBlue View Post
no sodas are permitted.
stores can choose what to let people purchase if its taxable.

we dont let anyone purchase monsters or any kind of energy drinks
Here in CA...if they want to buy a soda they can. We can not tell them they cant. Monsters, Rockstars etc...have supplements facts on the back, not nutrition facts, they are actually "dietary supplements". They are NOT foodstampable items.