Creepy stories from the indoors - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creepy stories from the outdoors. MT Patriot Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 6329 08-18-2019 09:33 PM
Creepy stories not from the outdoors itslikethatross Urban Survival 96 06-22-2019 02:28 AM
Creepy/Scary Campfire Stories JJohnsonMtMan Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 04-01-2015 02:50 PM
Creepy Red*Lion General Discussion 0 01-23-2014 08:27 PM
Creepy men. Absolutely! Ladies Section 67 02-11-2013 11:32 PM
Can Anybody Say, Creepy?.......... MountainRecluse Controversial News and Alternative Politics 10 09-08-2010 07:12 PM

Old 12-29-2014, 11:16 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,271 Times in 5,561 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Ziggy View Post
I did security at a hospital for a number of years, night shift, 7 pm to 7am. The hospital was a small one, 2 stories, mainly to stabilize folks to send them to bigger hospitals, and the top floor, where DNR's or folks circling the drain went to pass away.

There wasn't a lot of staff, and in the cold winter months the place could be unbearably lonely. While working such long, late shifts, my eyes and mind would always play tricks on me. Seeing figures and shadows in the corner of my eyes, hearing voices. One night while taking a break in the upstairs sleeplab, which used to be the OR years ago. A friend and I heard loud, raspy breathing coming from one of the empty rooms, it got louder and louder until my friend, a devout Christian, said a prayer and it went away.

Patients and staff alike would always talk of seeing a black cloaked figure walk into rooms, shortly after that patient would pass away.

Whoa!

Many years ago, my wife worked in a nursing home. One night she gives me a call. When I got there, and soon after I see two other guys, one I know to be a husband and one a boyfriend of other nurses, also confused, also summoned.

I know these guys casually. Frequently our wives and the one guy's girlfriend worked together and got off at the same time. They were the sort of women men will drive in the evening to meet coming out of work. On Fridays they went retro. Someone found some old fashioned, sexy white nursing outfits somewhere and they use to come out together, side by side, beaming, hats on, white stockings, white dresses, long legged, one blond, on strawberry blond, one platinum blond! (The male patients went nuts on Fridays.)

Here's what happened. In one room there was an elderly lady, who was immobile. She filled her hours watching activity and reporting things. This is her thing and she's so accurate she's a reliable snitch. She goes ape sh*t one night, saying a man in a brown cloak came down the hallway (from the secured fire exit that gives off an alarm)...and went into a room across the hall. Yes, a frigging brown cloak!

The nurses ran into there and they don't find any man there but they found the patient there, another elderly woman has passed and she has a terrified expression frozen on her face. It's highly possible she might pass, but that expression and the report concerned everyone. This sets everything off, security is flying around, paramedics, administrators, the cops, everything. We arrive when the cops are still on the perimeter and sweeping the building with security.

There was a nurse at the nurses station facing that hallway. Two nurses were doing meds, one on each side of the hall, and any 'visitor' who somehow managed to get through the door, and went past them, likely when they were in the rooms, if there was anything.

So we're standing outside wondering what the heck is going on based on what we heard. Then one of us cracks a comment about the guy being in Brown...so it must be UPS and we shake our head, UPS delivers everything! Nothing was found so I guess those guys like I, chidded my wife and forgot about it.

I haven't thought about it much...this is like 30 years ago. I thought it was just one crazy lady maybe hearing someone's death prattle and having her imagination run wild...then I read what you wrote about people seeing a man in a cloak and now, I'm getting chills from something that happened three decades ago!
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2014, 11:20 PM
Man in the desert

Thanked 17,542 Times in 4,785 Posts

Quote:
Patients and staff alike would always talk of seeing a black cloaked figure walk into rooms, shortly after that patient would pass away.
In case anyone else who likes creepy hospital stories missed it, S610 posted the link below in "Creepy stories from the outdoors." It's an excellent thread of ghost stories in a nursing forum. The thread was started in 2005 and is still getting new posts.

http://allnurses.com/general-nursing...st-108202.html

It's a great read. I've been sifting through it in idle moments. Some stories are scary, some are very touching/uplifting, and a few really gave me the heebie-jeebies. The one by schroeders_piano on page 6 made me get up and go turn on the radio.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:23 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant80 View Post
In case anyone else who likes creepy hospital stories missed it, S610 posted the link below in "Creepy stores from the outdoors." It's an excellent thread of ghost stories in a nursing forum. The thread was started in 2005 and is still getting new posts.

It's a great read. I've been sifting through it in idle moments. Some stories are scary, some are very touching/uplifting, and a few really gave me the heebie-jeebies. The one by schroeders_piano on page 6 made me get up and go turn on the radio.
I worked for years in a converted former nurses' dorm where one girl was murdered by a mental patient. I spent so much time calming people down after they thought they saw, felt, or heard something that it sounded like a script. The oddest thing, it came and went, and it was usually REAL Native Americans who 'felt' something. You'd notice something like them avoiding certain areas, asking for someone else to go with them to retrieve things, always in the same areas, and some of them didn't want to talk about it. We talked with one guy whose mother was actually a student nurse there shortly after the killing happened, but she didn't know the murder victim or the other girl attacked that night, she was new and the room where the crime took place was on the opposite side of the building. We tried to find more on the Internet but found nothing of value.

Weird thing, new people came in, we'd say nothing and see if they noticed or alternatively, we'd give false reports of what where to see if that had influence...but we'd see consistencies. Sightings, always toward a few distinct areas. Noise, in a few different areas, but never sightings. Movement of things, an area. Some really creepy places where you'd think someone would see, hear or feel something yet nothing there. Skeptical, I tracked this stuff for YEARS trying to show people how silly this was and that's how I noticed the pattern.

I can say that, away from there, I remain skeptical and figure every unexplained and strange observation or sound I heard had a reason that's practical and real... I sure had a lot of self explaining at times.

But if that girl or the other one seriously hurt had a pretty face, and was possibly dark haired, some claimed to have seen her and how the heck did people happen to have those sightings by the same room, year after year, long before we got confirmation of which room the attack took place in?
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Prepping For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2014, 12:15 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 45,707 Times in 10,991 Posts

Quote:
In case anyone else who likes creepy hospital stories missed it, S610 posted the link below in "Creepy stories from the outdoors." It's an excellent thread of ghost stories in a nursing forum. The thread was started in 2005 and is still getting new posts.

Thanks grant. I saw the link a couple of days ago and figured I'd check it out when I had more time. Earlier today I went looking for the link here because I thought it was in this thread. Read through twice here looking for it and figured the link must be deleted. Almost posted asking if anyone knew the link I was thinking of. Again, thanks.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:53 AM
Sheepdog

Thanked 3,239 Times in 1,031 Posts

Thanks for the link grant, prepping, that story is truly bizarre.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renegade Ziggy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2014, 10:01 AM
Cave canem

Thanked 11,108 Times in 3,864 Posts

Quote:

Glad you liked it. Someone shared the link on another forum a few years ago, I pull it up every year or so to read the newest stories. A collection of stories from professionals in those environments makes it a unique source.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to S610 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2014, 11:27 AM
Just some guy

Thanked 18,218 Times in 5,992 Posts

Lived in base housing during my time in Guam. Wife was into cats and we had gotten two from the animal shelter. About a week later the wife called me while in was at work and she was freaking out. I couldn't understand what she was trying to tell me so I asked the boss if I could go check on her.

I get to the house and she is sitting outside, crying. After calming her down I finally get the story. She put these cats in the spare bedroom so she could mop the floors. Trouble was every time she turned around, both cats would be sitting behind here staring at her. Ok, maybe didn't latch the door I'm thinking. No, she tried three times, the last time nit just making sure the door was latched, but using a chair under the knob to mAke sure.

Enter the dutiful husband: I went in the house and checked the spare room. No other way out but the door. Ok. I check the door. Yep it closes securely.

I put the cats in that room and closed the door. Walked down the hall into the living room. Turned around. Cats were in the hallway staring at me. I checked the door and its still shut.

So, I'm now freaked out and wife won't even come in the house. I put them in our bedroom and that was fine. I tried one more time in that spare room. I walked backwards down the hall keeping my eye on the door. I get to the living room and those cats were in the middle of the floor. Staring at me.

I took those damn cats back to the animal shelter and we moved off base.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:38 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 64,219 Times in 15,110 Posts

You guys with the cloaked figure in hospitals stories.... my grandmother, my last surviving grandparent, is in a nursing home. She has advanced Parkinson's and intermittent dementia as well as numerous chronic health issues. Most of the time she's lucid, but sometimes she has said some really weird stuff and we know she's hallucinating. Stuff like how someone in the room next to hers died and the firetrucks came and parked outside the building and shot fire balls through the window to "burn out" the room so a new patient could be given the room. Stuff like that.

In this nursing home, it's not at all uncommon for someone to pass away. We've been visiting a few times and when the nurse goes down the hallway closing all the doors and saying 'we need to close the door for a few minutes' with no other explanation, we know they are moving a recently deceased patient. Few minutes later she comes and opens the doors again.

My grandmother knows what's going on, and a couple times she says she saw a tall man in a cloak and 'slouch hat' as she calls it, go past the room and down the hall. She says when she has seen him, someone dies right away. We just chalk it up to hallucination or something rational she actually saw--like maybe a family member wearing a long dark coat who is visiting a relative--and her mind turned it into something else.

One time when we were visting her and the nurse closed the door, my grandmother said that the man in the dark coat or cloak, can't remember which she said now, but that she had seen him pass by earlier in the day and she knew someone was going to die.

I wonder if this is a wide spread thing with people of a certain age?
Old 12-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,478 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHannah View Post
You guys with the cloaked figure in hospitals stories.... my grandmother, my last surviving grandparent, is in a nursing home. She has advanced Parkinson's and intermittent dementia as well as numerous chronic health issues. Most of the time she's lucid, but sometimes she has said some really weird stuff and we know she's hallucinating. Stuff like how someone in the room next to hers died and the firetrucks came and parked outside the building and shot fire balls through the window to "burn out" the room so a new patient could be given the room. Stuff like that.

In this nursing home, it's not at all uncommon for someone to pass away. We've been visiting a few times and when the nurse goes down the hallway closing all the doors and saying 'we need to close the door for a few minutes' with no other explanation, we know they are moving a recently deceased patient. Few minutes later she comes and opens the doors again.

My grandmother knows what's going on, and a couple times she says she saw a tall man in a cloak and 'slouch hat' as she calls it, go past the room and down the hall. She says when she has seen him, someone dies right away. We just chalk it up to hallucination or something rational she actually saw--like maybe a family member wearing a long dark coat who is visiting a relative--and her mind turned it into something else.

One time when we were visting her and the nurse closed the door, my grandmother said that the man in the dark coat or cloak, can't remember which she said now, but that she had seen him pass by earlier in the day and she knew someone was going to die.

Don't discount the stories I know of a nurse that sees them in a nursing home have a friend that saw the robed figure after his neighor passed thing is him an his sister saw it at the same time said it came down the drive way an vanished in the middle of the road.He won't say much about it gives him chills still today. Hanna maybe some see what others can't
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to long knives For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2014, 09:17 PM
Sheepdog

Thanked 3,239 Times in 1,031 Posts

A Google search will bring up numerous first hand accounts of seeing black/brown hooded figures. It's more widespread then I knew.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Renegade Ziggy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Survivor

Freaky. I wonder if it's some fear that's deep within us and whether or not it's in all cultures.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prepping For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 12:24 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,776 Times in 5,040 Posts

Ok, I'll say it...

Don't fear the Reaper, folks.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Lord Darwath For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 12:26 AM
Survivor

Thanked 16,312 Times in 6,278 Posts

From my experience with kids and oldsters they see things that are thee but as " "responsible adults" we've been conditioned to ignore them. The people that see them and mention it get blown off' called crazy.
When I worked early morning labs in a hospital I would see things the doors to ICU would open, by themselves, there were a couple of times I would walk in and ignore " the guy I. The corner" I would go to the nurses station to do paperwork and if the nurse or monitor tech "who's that?" It got to the point they'ld ask "do you see him/it?" I started prioritizing my draws according to who had a "visitor" on a closed unit at 4 in the morning.
I figure I was more open to it because I don't do late nights well.

I've had lil ole ladies introduce me to their relatives in rooms that only had them and myself.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to swamppapa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 02:03 AM

after my dad died i inherited a cabin he owned at a small lake that turned out to be a shack that was one room with a huge fireplace, the first night i spent there it started raining and didnt let up for several days the road was washed out and my car was sunk into the mud. i ended up spending a little over a month their by myself, i started to develop cabin fever and had incredibly vivid lucid dreams where i actually knew i was dreaming while i was in the dream. the whole time i spent their consisted of me eating out of the well stocked pantry, walking around alone in the woods and sleeping as much as possible having these very bizarre lucid dreams.

not so much a scary story, but it was a very odd experience
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Roamy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 07:36 AM
Hunter

Quote:
A Google search will bring up numerous first hand accounts of seeing black/brown hooded figures. It's more widespread then I knew.
Funny that if you look around a lot of people have things happen yet will brush it off as the wind etc .Have a friend that had a stove that the clock would go off ever morning at 6 so he unplunged it sat it on the front porch it still went off at 6 .In other words no power to clock. But he said he don't know why it still worked but to him it couldn't be a ghost.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to long knives For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 10:31 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,805 Times in 1,109 Posts

I used to take care of my physically handicapped gma out in Iowa on our farm. I remember while I was out there, my gma had me going to church and I got baptized in July 2011. Well starting February 2012 I started feeling/seeing things. Our farmhouse sits on the middle of a 500 acre farm and our driveway is 1000 feet or so from the road. I slept in the basement. One time I was sleeping and I felt a presence sit down on the side of the bed and I could feel the bed dip. I immediately screamed "in The name of Jesus I command you to leave!". It left. My bed in the basement was perpendicular to the staircase to the basement. One time I heard very loud thuds like a 300 pound man was walking down the stairs fast. I left my bedroom to investigate and there was nothing. One time when I was working out at the local gym in town that was open 24/7. I looked in the mirror and saw a tall dark horned creature walk towards me. It spooked me out pretty bad and then a couple minutes later I saw an old man walking and I turned around no one was there. The gym had a padlock and I entered the code so I had access to the gym 24/7. No one was there.

I remember On may 7th 2012 the Avengers just came out and it was a Monday, and the movie came out the Friday before and I went to go see it. I saw twice in a row and I came back pretty late. I was lying in my bed and I felt an evil presence hovering above me. At the time I started to sleep upstairs in the guest bedroom because I got to freaked out sleeping in the basement. I got up to use the restroom. It was about one in the morning. I left the door to the bathroom open about an inch. As I was washing my hands I was looking in the mirror and staring at the door that was ajar by about an a inch or two. The light was on in the bathroom and I could kindof see down the dark hallway through the bathroom door that was ajar.

As I was staring at the crack looking down the hallway (through the mirror) I swear I saw a very dark alien eye (like a gray alien) staring at me. I could see one of its eyes like it was a peeping tom staring at me through the crack in the door. I could also see its tiny little mouth. When it noticed I was looking at it pulled away from the ajar door. Needless to say I was pretty alarmed. Anyway I walked back to my room down the hallway and about ten feet in front of me I saw a hovering dark black mass that darted back into my room like it was waiting for me. I screamed "In the name of Jesus I command you to leave!" It left.

I could feel the presence of The Almighty's angels. A lot of time I could locate evil presences in the house and where they were located. I could also feel the angels come through.

Then on April 8th 2012 it all stopped. April 8th 2012 was Easter.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to RedHawkSteel For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 12:48 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 64,219 Times in 15,110 Posts

Demonic beings are in the world. They may appear as frightening creatures or they may look like an average person. People poo poo the idea of demonic beings but will also say they think ghosts exist. But for some reason they refuse to believe ghosts can be demonic creatures, or that demonic creatures can inhabit people's bodies.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:22 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHannah View Post

There HAS to be more to this existence than meets the eye. Human sight can only see a fraction of the electromagnetic spectrum, of which "visible light" is part of. All of these stories from all over the country and world describing almost the exact same things preceding a death. How else would we come up with our (the human race) description of Death (the spirit/character). In any story throughout history, Death is described as a very tall, hunched, and dark figure in a hooded robe, sometimes with a sickle. I think there is more to the stories than just someone's illustration of an imaginary figure. I think that enough stories were told that someone finally drew it to see if they all saw the same thing. And it stuck in storytelling.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ToledoEngineer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 03:06 PM
Hunter

I have seen a lot of things an heard from others to understand that we don't know jack.It is interesting that most people will accecpt what they are told as true like oh you are just tired or must be the light .But refuse to accept that what they saw was real as any thing else.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to long knives For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2014, 09:54 PM
Just some guy

Thanked 18,218 Times in 5,992 Posts

Grinning men and black eyed children.

Look those up if you Want to get freAked out.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iyaayas For This Useful Post: