Friend is finally starting to get it - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The VA is not your friend: Nomad, 2nd Firearms General Discussion 55 09-25-2014 03:16 AM
Finally starting the build Sturedman DIY - Do It Yourself 0 09-11-2014 09:14 AM
My Walmart finally starting to get the shelves full of ammo. Picture. Rockyriver Firearms General Discussion 58 02-04-2013 07:53 PM
i am not your friend! sniperfx Religious Discussion 42 08-14-2012 12:19 AM
Finally starting! EarthJourney Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 22 10-24-2011 08:07 PM
A friend sent this to me... Gunner65 General Discussion 3 05-09-2011 09:13 PM
Starting to buy SHTF food(finally got the wife on board) chexmix Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 24 01-26-2011 08:15 PM
I think Ive finally Convinced My friend/neighbor about preping. 5.7mm Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 14 07-13-2008 12:43 PM

Old 11-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,316 Times in 628 Posts
Default Friend is finally starting to get it

Advertise Here

For a couple years now i have talked to my closest friends about prepping. They have always said oh we are fine we have the pantry with some stuff in it.

Got a call the other day and finally one of them gets it. He was talking about stocking up on ammo and getting training, and putting away some food and water. He is even open to getting the wife to learn to shoot.

I have ways worried about them but have never had the ability to prep for his large family. Now he can do it and i am hoping we can help each other out JIC.

Dont quit on the people you care about it may take years but if you make a suggestion, they will eventually think about it when times get tough or scary and maybe change their minds.

Good luck
Darius
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darius379 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Rebel Against Tyrants

Thanked 19,784 Times in 6,641 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

You sound like a good friend. The world needs more folks like that
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Straza For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,339 Times in 2,741 Posts

I have worried about my grown son and daughter since it started looking like an economic collapse of the country is inevitable. I just acquired a place in the country and have been frantically making it a sustainable refuge.

But, I'm getting pretty long in the tooth, the wife and I could live out the rest of our lives there but is there any point in doing more? This summer both families visited and both men of the families made it pretty clear that they were thinking along the same lines as I was. My son and I sat up till midnight, just the two of us having a man to man. I was amazed at how seriously he has been thinking. He even has some routes planned to get to my place.

I think there is WAY MORE people thinking about the problem of a national collapse than we realize. Just like the folks on this forum don't talk in specifics, there are probably lots of folks who don't talk about their concerns and what they are doing about it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bilmac For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,316 Times in 628 Posts

Ya i explained it to my friend a few years ago, and for him its about Obama. The last 5 yrs have scared him. He was talking about his truck as a bov and bol and all kinds of stuff.

It took him along time to come around and it probably is because I am alittle extreme and easily excited lol. He hates the outdoors I love it, he loves the suburbs I rather live in the country.

I just said something to him and taught him to shoot, and talked about the cool to me aspects. I actually havent said anything about it in at least a year. So I think the best way is to just say hey did you notice, what do you think? And let them make their own decisions and maybe they will come along.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,433 Times in 2,910 Posts

It's the little things that make a convert.

The big things only scare people into thinking that we're all ready to star on doomsday preppers.

Eyes must be opened gradually like facing the morning sun, too quick and they close again from the pain.
The Following User Says Thank You to whirlibird For This Useful Post: