Woman to give obese children critical letters on Halloween. - Page 5 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Letters of a woman Homesteader DKR Book Reviews 3 09-07-2014 09:12 AM
NSA Intecepts Children's Letters to Santa Bobcat59 Jokes, Humor & Music 1 12-21-2013 04:02 PM
Letters To Children Purdy Bear Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 9 07-23-2012 01:44 PM
How to protect young children from radiation? What's safe to give them? Kelp? bettersafethan Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) Survival 17 06-04-2011 01:51 AM
Scientists give grubby children a clean bill of health blackkitty General Discussion 4 11-26-2009 12:14 AM
BBC: Do not give children tamiflu arrexian Manmade and Natural Disasters 0 08-10-2009 06:07 PM
UK Swine flu woman gives birth - in critical condition blackkitty Manmade and Natural Disasters 0 06-06-2009 09:54 AM
Obams's Give us your children bill Bizarro Controversial News and Alternative Politics 16 03-22-2009 06:25 PM
What you give a woman, she'll give back 10 times more Viking Josh Jokes, Humor & Music 8 01-18-2009 06:20 PM
Woman Working for CDC asked to speak with specific children on school bus salatheel General Discussion 15 12-08-2008 10:01 PM

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 12:46 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 64,219 Times in 15,110 Posts

Advertise Here

The only reason to get offended is if it's true. Otherwise you just throw the letter out and call it good.
Read more at https://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...CFHXKd0GD7p.99

This is too easy a shot... If a self-important stranger sent a letter home with your children saying in their opinion your children are stupid, ugly, or stunk, the only reason you would have to become upset was if it was true. Therefore you would be agreeing with the stranger that your children were, in fact, stupid, ugly, or stank. But I somehow think you along with 99% of the normal population would take exception to that remark. Unless as you stated, it was not true and then there would be no reason to get upset, and you'd just toss the letter and call it good. But I bet you'd get upset anyway, even if your children were not stupid, ugly or stank. You would likely think to yourself 'who the hell does this person think they are & etc, how I raise my children is none of their business".

But I somehow doubt you even have children.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,965 Times in 769 Posts

I hope she's thin and perfect herself. Something about casting stones comes to mind.

The Following User Says Thank You to NickTheGreat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2013, 05:55 PM
aka Mental Avenger

Thanked 5,970 Times in 2,258 Posts

It is her property. If strangers come onto her private property begging for free candy without an invitation……
Old 11-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,129 Posts

I got a little embarrassed last night as I made a comment to one of the adults shuttling the kids around:

Me - great costume, you look exactly like Todd Hoffman.
Him - I'm not wearing a costume.
Me - Happy Halloween

Hoffman:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to STEEPOE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,986 Times in 3,762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHannah View Post
The only reason to get offended is if it's true. Otherwise you just throw the letter out and call it good.
Read more at https://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...CFHXKd0GD7p.99

This is too easy a shot... If a self-important stranger sent a letter home with your children saying in their opinion your children are stupid, ugly, or stunk, the only reason you would have to become upset was if it was true. Therefore you would be agreeing with the stranger that your children were, in fact, stupid, ugly, or stank. But I somehow think you along with 99% of the normal population would take exception to that remark. Unless as you stated, it was not true and then there would be no reason to get upset, and you'd just toss the letter and call it good. But I bet you'd get upset anyway, even if your children were not stupid, ugly or stank. You would likely think to yourself 'who the hell does this person think they are & etc, how I raise my children is none of their business".

But I somehow doubt you even have children.
Some people are easily offended. I am not one of them.

Doesn't matter if this was real or not it at least got some parents thinking about their fat kids. That's a win in my book.

Not every fat kid in America has a serious medical issue causing the weight gain. Mostly it's just crappy parenting.

If more parents dealt with the issue then The*Letís Move*campaign*and future federal programs would not be shoved down our throats.

But we all know that will not happen in our entitlement society. A society where the truth is offensive and the lie the norm.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:30 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 64,219 Times in 15,110 Posts

Has nothing to do with being easily offended or not. Has to do with someone trying to impose their lifestyle on someone else. But if you lie to yourself about that, there's no truth in anything for you then.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:55 AM
aka Mental Avenger

Thanked 5,970 Times in 2,258 Posts

Nonsense. She isn’t trying to “impose her lifestyle” on anyone. She was apparently trying to send a helpful message. The government actively imposes their version of lifestyle on children by mandating all sorts of things, including menus, texts, acceptable dress, acceptable language etc. Those things are imposed because they are forced. The letters can be simply ignored or thrown away.

BTW, you attempt at bullying is transparent, and rejected.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:29 AM
Weed 'em and reap

Thanked 121,854 Times in 24,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Ziggy View Post
I don't believe the letters can help, the woman is taking a beloved childrens holiday, and ruining it for them by bringing their weight into play. I do believe it's uncalled for.

But I kinda do see her trying to look out for the kids, she's just going about it the wrong way.

I guess I can see both sides, but I'm siding a little more on the side that it's uncalled for. Just my two cents though.
Every time I see a fat child, it's the PARENT I want to slap.
The Following User Says Thank You to Harmless Drudge For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread