US-Iran Politics - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 01-03-2020, 03:41 PM
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 5,946 Times in 2,019 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
I'm guessing the likely target is a US Embassy.

What defenses do our Embassy's have against missile attacks?

They are not unprotected, there are several types of defenses. But looking it up and linking this to you gets the linker and poster put on a list and well, I'd rather not be put on "that" list.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 04:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 24,941 Times in 7,770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
Yay WW3, lets all wave a flag.
Hey...it's this, or CW2....take your pick. Hell...knowing the left, it will be both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPrepper View Post
You are right though, this is a big deal, this isn’t some backwater small terrorist organization leader, this was a very high ranking official from a large and powerful country.
Who was also a high ranking official on a large terrorist organization.

And Iran isn't that large, nor that powerful...hell, they fought Iraq for almost a decade and couldn't get it done, we got it done twice, the first time barely had to put boots on the ground, the second time was done before the dust from the first shells had settled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPrepper View Post
Most people don’t realize Iran is over three times the size of a rack and we couldn’t bring that country under control with 200,000 troops.
It's not the troops that were the issue...it was the politicians and ROE's. And Iran isn't Iraq. Totally different population and culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemeyer007 View Post
Kim Bong Um isn't going to let this put him out of the spot light.

Tell me how in hours the price of gas at the pumps goes up ten cents, corruption that's how.
Capitalism, that's how. You run a business, you see demand likely to go up, you raise prices in anticipation.
Don't like it? Don't pay his price, and go buy a hybrid or an electric car...you have that freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalashnikov47 View Post
Welp I guess this high level official shouldn't have been some place he shouldn't have been. Seems to me that someone that high on the pecking order would be in his own country. One has to ask themselves what was he doing in iraq to begin with?
He was the one that set the embassy attack in motion, probably figured he could come in and take a look at his handiwork, after all...America didn't do squat in Benghazi, right?

Quote:
You have very little imagination for escalation.
And you have very little recognition about reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Black.Dog~ View Post
I don't think the Iranians have their people on their side. When I worked in the city I met many Persian people and became friends with some.
From what they told me, most of the people hate, hate, hate the Mullahs. They just haven't been able to do anything about it.
If we bomb the crap out of the regime and weaken them, the people may rise against them.
That's the key. Bomb the crap out of the leadership, rather than the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post
Russia is not on our side in this. They will support whoever they need to support to negatively affect the US interests in the region.
Bull crap. They will do whatever is in THEIR best interest, whether it hurts us or not.
And they know without a doubt that hurting us directly is NOT in their best interest.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 04:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
Hey...it's this, or CW2....take your pick

What was CW?
Old 01-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 24,941 Times in 7,770 Posts

Quote:
What was CW?
Civil War, my "I know SO much about stuff" friend...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 04:38 PM
ǝnƃoɹ ǝuoƃ

Thanked 26,268 Times in 7,734 Posts
Default CAW!

Getting a bit chilly in here. Cold almost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
Civil War, my "I know SO much about stuff" friend...

Last edited by n1d; 01-03-2020 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: hiya palm et' oh!..........hahahahaha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n1d For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 06:49 PM

I'd expect sleeper cells to act only after Iran was bombed into a smoldering ruin. Doing anything earlier would automatically bring the total destruction of their country. Start killing American citizen in this country through terrorist attacks? Oh yeah, the citizenry would be yelling "Nuke the bastards" after the second explosion.

Iran's pinprick aggravations, bombing tankers, capturing navy patrol boats, hijacking shipping, funding terrorists against Israel, are about as far they want to go. Every regime has one thing in common, perpetuation of their regime and power.

Right now they're backed into a face-saving corner, and they'll do something a bit bigger than before, maybe shut down the Strait of Hormuz for a while, but to do anything more overtly aggressive against the United States would ensure the demise of the one thing they cling to most - continued power.

Don't think for a moment the pentagon hasn't been war gaming every response Iran could make. The Ayatollahs have the ability of asymetrical warfare, but the conventional warfare we can bring to their leadership is something the assuredly don't want.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ozarks Tom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 07:01 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 34,848 Times in 9,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash View Post
Just another country to add to the growing list of hell holes the US has created in the Middle East this century.
Who gives a ****?
Old 01-03-2020, 07:57 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 20,772 Times in 6,104 Posts

Quote:
Weird. I'd have thought Iraq wants anything that hurts Iran bad
I think they don't want to be the battleground of a proxy war between USA and Iran. Whoever wins, they lose.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 08:06 PM
That'll be the day...

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,170 Posts

Two retired Colonel's I am close too.... They say Iran will perform some piddly, ****ty little thing that won't amount to much. And Trump will let that little thing slide. He doesn't want war. They said the rag heads respect power and force and all of them are quaking in their shoes, thinking they may be the next.

Exactly the effect President Trump was seeking!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Big_John For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 08:10 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coach View Post
I suppose you can say that this is the first; if the Peanut Farmer hadn't abandoned the Shah when he did, Iran would be a prosperous beacon of rationality instead of the festering islamic sore that it is now. But that was in the last century, so I guess it doesn't count.
I disagree. If Reagan hadn't released Iranian assets in the US to ransom hostages, the Ayatollah wouldn't have achieved any level of legitimacy, and neither would have hostage taking as a foreign policy tool. The worst screwup was when the CIA sponsored the coup that deposed the Shah's predecessor and installed a bloodthirsty thug in his place.
Korea, Iran, Cuba, Vietnam, Watergate, Iraq, Afghanistan, most of Central America. The list of CIA flops goes on and on.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to williammandella For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 08:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,583 Times in 1,761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash View Post
Just another country to add to the growing list of hell holes the US has created in the Middle East this century.
Clue - Mideast was a cesspool when Muuhammmand was spawned. And is/will be.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 08:43 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 80,070 Times in 23,328 Posts

Quote:
Two retired Colonel's I am close too.... They say Iran will perform some piddly, ****ty little thing that won't amount to much. And Trump will let that little thing slide. He doesn't want war. They said the rag heads respect power and force and all of them are quaking in their shoes, thinking they may be the next.

Agreed. Iran has had protests including open rebellion for the last year.
They are in no shape to start a war with the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019-20_Iranian_protests

"Although the protests began as peaceful gatherings, they soon turned into violent riots and revolt against the Iranian government.[27] The Iranian government-employed tactics to shut down the protests including a nationwide internet shutdown and, according to Amnesty international, shooting protesters dead from rooftops, helicopters, and at close range with machine gun fire. According to the residents, as reported by the New York Times, the government forces then proceeded to confiscate the bodies of the dead protesters and truck them away to mask the true casualty count and severity of the protests. "
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 09:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman351 View Post
Who gives a ****?
The rest of the world and...
Americans abroad,
Americans who pay taxes,
Americans who buy gas,
Americans sent to fight in foreign wars,
Americans in the US in malls or anywhere that makes an easy target.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:07 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 80,070 Times in 23,328 Posts

Quote:
The rest of the world and...
Americans abroad,
Americans who pay taxes,
Americans who buy gas,
Americans sent to fight in foreign wars,
Americans in the US in malls or anywhere that makes an easy target.
Don't you live in the UK?
Shouldn't you be concerned with your Brexit?
We got this.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 09:10 PM

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Looks like it's on to some degree. Killing one of their top national leaders was pretty much the throw down moment. It's not just proxies anymore. This guy was about the level of a Secretary of State/Secretary of Defense.

What's everyone doing? Should be time to start implementing some actions.

Gas seems the obvious one. Thank goodness this country became self-sustaining on oil and gas prior to this.

Welcome to the war room.
I made a last-minute list, but I've only been going through it slowly. I only wanted to spend around $100, lol.

Ramen
Couple more small jerry cans
Fill the jerry cans
Top off the car
Charge devices
Rainsuit
Propane
Fill a couple more water barrels
3/4" particle board for putting between stacked barrels

That's it. So far I've only got the ramen, the rainsuit, and charged my devices, lol, but I think I'm going to do the rest of this stuff.

I'm not really anticipating a big event that much, at least not very soon, but I thought I had to do this list to be a good prepper.

FWIW didn't seem like anybody out there was stocking up on anything.

BTW, I've read that Iraq's legislature is going to try to kick us out of Iraq.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim from 28DaysLater For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 09:25 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 20,772 Times in 6,104 Posts

I bought a couple more 40lb propane tanks today and two more gas cans, along with the regular supply run to top off the storeroom. Not really as a response to anything but from being reminded of things I had on the list anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Black.Dog~ View Post
I don't think the Iranians have their people on their side. When I worked in the city I met many Persian people and became friends with some.
From what they told me, most of the people hate, hate, hate the Mullahs. They just haven't been able to do anything about it.
If we bomb the crap out of the regime and weaken them, the people may rise against them.
Did I mention that Persian women may be the most beautiful women in the world? Where the hell did that come from? I think I need more coffee.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Those are the wealthy expats who bugged out after Emperor Pahlavi succeeded in alienating so many of his countrymen that he had to leave or get his head chopped off. You know that a feudal ruler is a complete incompetent when his own bought and paid for military won't fight for him.
Centuries of selective breeding are the reason that some Arab and Persian women have dropped the moles, camel noses, and obesity that are common in the Middle East. It's also the main reason that so many Middle Eastern men are willing to die so they can go to Heaven and bang seventy virgins. The wealthiest members of society vacuum up all the good looking women by the time there's grass on the field, and the rest either have to bang guys or settle for the camel nosed heifers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to williammandella For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 09:45 PM
Prepared

Quote:

Exactly what Bernard Lewis said after 9/11! Don't be overly worried about what Middle Eastern leaders are thinking, just make sure that they know exactly what you're thinking.
For real insight into the Middle East, stop listening to idiotic politicians like Linda Graham and Chuck Schumer and read everything you can find by Bernard Lewis.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to williammandella For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 09:46 PM
Grevcon 10

Thanked 37,452 Times in 8,967 Posts

I'm making sure all my extra gas cans are full. That's it so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 09:59 PM
Militant Normal

Thanked 22,849 Times in 7,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by williammandella View Post
I disagree. If Reagan hadn't released Iranian assets in the US to ransom hostages, the Ayatollah wouldn't have achieved any level of legitimacy, and neither would have hostage taking as a foreign policy tool. The worst screwup was when the CIA sponsored the coup that deposed the Shah's predecessor and installed a bloodthirsty thug in his place.
Korea, Iran, Cuba, Vietnam, Watergate, Iraq, Afghanistan, most of Central America. The list of CIA flops goes on and on.
Just what color IS the sky in your world?
The Following User Says Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post: