Survivalist Forum banner

Got some money, want to buy silver..

8K views 58 replies 30 participants last post by  97guns 
#1 ·
Hey all, not real sharp when it comes to PM's. I would like to buy some silver. Have searched on here, just looking for some more opinions about what I should buy. Maple leafs, eagles??

Thanks in advance....

Cheers!

#32 ·
You might want to consider spending 1/4 of your money now buying gold and/or silver, and see what happens. Buy again with 1/4th of your funds in maybe a couple of weeks or a month, and keep doing that.
If the price rises, you already have some cheap PM's. If the price falls, you will be buying at a discount and averaging down.

PM's should be a long term investment as no one I know can accurately predict the short term movements.

#35 ·
I would wait till tomorrow at open to make a choice as we are still not done FALLING IMO. I would also look at silver closet to spot price if you are just starting out. There are a few places offering buffalo rounds at .89 over spot. If you are pateint ebay can be a place to score under spot deals on the regular.

#40 ·
Good advice Sundsvall. It's funny how many swear that they were going to buy on the next dip. In my experience in the trade, they seldom do because they are always waiting for it to fall "just a bit more". Then they ride it down and watch it go back up with no action on their part other than great regret.

I asked a couple of them why and it is the herd mentality. When it goes down it looks less attractive. When it goes up the fever hits. People need to think long term but most do not.

#42 ·
So I bought total of 40 (had 15) ounces last week for an average of 42 per ounce (total cost) Planning on buying 40 more this week, should I buy today or wait.

My biggest thing is will silver be over 75 in 2 years. Once I get a total of 200 ounces they are going into my safe deposit box in the bank of the desert so I won't even touch them until the summer of 2013.

#43 ·
So I bought total of 40 (had 15) ounces last week for an average of 42 per ounce (total cost) Planning on buying 40 more this week, should I buy today or wait.

My biggest thing is will silver be over 75 in 2 years. Once I get a total of 200 ounces they are going into my safe deposit box in the bank of the desert so I won't even touch them until the summer of 2013.
How can you be so sure it will be $75 in 2 years? The consensus in early April was that silver would be $75 by July. If I've learned anything in my nearly 70 years, it is not to count your chickens before they hatch, especially with investments.

#48 ·
Yes I am asking. Looking for someone who can show me evidence that there's no way it will be over 75. Yes, I took a loss the first week but I'm planning on cost averaging. Going to buy 40 to 50 depending on the price cut. Which will double down my holdings. I'm thinking before Monday in case it goes up then hold for my 100 oz purchase.

I'm not greedy 75 Is all that's needed anything more is just gravy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.