Survivalist Forum banner

Money, investments? Gold silver? bug out money?

8K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  gpracer1 
#1 ·
I want to invest a few thousand.

Whats the best source of investment possible within the US?

Are US savings bonds insured or reccorded incase you lose them?

I want a source of light weight material (gold, silber, etc) that is good around the world in current and collapsed economic systems. I want it to be extremly light weight and somewhat durable. How about kugeran coins?

#9 ·
You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. This is no way to treat a member of this forum...or anybody for that matter. If you can't help...Why resort to belittlement? It is just not civilized!!!
Unless you have followed the saga with this so called "member" you'd never understand. He isn't here to be a "member" or contribute to this forum in any way. And a lot of us have finally just HAD IT with him!

#8 ·
I want to invest in "junk" silver, which is pre-1965 US (and some other countries, I think) dimes, quarters, half dollars and silver dollars. Unfortunately, right now is not a good time to buy precious metals. The current market cost is way too high, unless you have ALOT of money just laying around waiting to be spent. Spot prices as of today; silver is over $23.00/oz and gold is over $1340.00/oz.

#10 ·
I don't get the gold as a SHTF investment. There is a narrow margin where gold will be a good investment IMHO. One point is on the way down and another is on the way back up.

If you have gold and the price goes apeshyte there is a point where you should liquidate it into tangible assets like food and supplies. When the food is gone your gold is useless. That's when I will get my $10,000 per oz gold with a few cases of food. When things equalize and things become plentiful again people will want a portable currency and I will trade my gold for foods.

I hope that I never have to test this theory.

#11 ·
Pangea, Florida State made this thread not to ask a question, but to test Survivalists.

You see this is a weird Experiment where he asks Stupid questions, doesn't ever respond to them again, then see's how many people are Gullible enough to respond.

Don't honor him with a response.. Trust me, please trust me, he doesn't deserve your respect or time.

#13 ·
Actually I have a theory.... What if...

What if he is actually a she, but only in voice? But the she, that is a she only in voice, is actually a computer named gladys? She is in fact testing us as subjects for those unlikely to just go with the flow?

What if Florida State is actually A complex computer sponsored by Aperture Science, which is programmed to run and record its own tests on unsuspecting subjects? What if her ultimate goal is to discover the best survivalist, to be worthy of testing?

Reactions: TxHills
#14 ·
Actually I have a theory.... What if...

What if he is actually a she, but only in voice? But the she, that is a she only in voice, is actually a computer named gladys? She is in fact testing us as subjects for those unlikely to just go with the flow?

What if Florida State is actually A complex computer sponsored by Aperture Science, which is programmed to run and record its own tests on unsuspecting subjects? What if her ultimate goal is to discover the best survivalist, to be worthy of testing?
You're suggesting some sort of Turing Test? A computer designed to ask survivalist questions so well we can't tell it's a computer?

That would be... weird...

#16 ·
Florida.....may I respectfully suggest that you get off your lazy behind and do your OWN research on the things you want to know.....instead of expecting all of us to do that for you.

Your many multiple posts about things you could easily find out about by doing a search on Google are annoying.

Want to know about U.S. savings bonds? Try reading the website for those. Savingsbond.com

#23 ·
I'm curious why this dip S$$t is allowed to continue with this waste of time, resources, and bandwidth?

Can he or she not be blocked? I only recently became aware of the crap being pulled after doing searches for realistic topics and seeing all the BS posts.

Yes FS there is a search function on the site. There are also amazing resource sites like Google, Yahoo, Ask, etc.

You might want to try them!!

I admit... I enjoy the humorous posts everyone else adds but it really is Frickin' annoying for people who are actually here to learn something!

Crutch, Crazy, and several others almost had me in tears laughing on some of them! Nice work guys!:thumb:

#25 ·
If we find out he is 10 and just trying to be apart of our world, we are all going to feel like Crap. :D:

Reactions: TxHills
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.