Survivalist Forum banner

Bought some land in Aroostook county

4K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  vetryan15 
#1 ·
Just bought some FSBO land up in southern Aroostook county, 20 acres to start with, and opportunity in the future to expand more from the owner,I just purchased from. In Cary plantation, they actually just deorganized. Beautiful area. Looking to close by the 1st of June, and moving up right away to get away from NJ.

#8 ·
Just finished the earthworks on my property last week and had the Amish cabin delivered :)

My neighbor and I have become good friends as well. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be halfway as far along as I am. He knows just about everyone, and has pointed me in the right direction to find people to get stuff done. He has helped me out more than I can possibly thank him for.

#9 ·
Thats awesome, i am actually planning on getting the local Amish to get the foundation done, then I will be building myself. I am not on my land just yet. The lawyers are really slow on the closing, but I have been up here on the owners land for 3 weeks now. We love it, just not the current heat wave coming through. I met a few of the neighbors, most are from out of state that relocated. They are more helpful then most of the generational mariners I have met.

#17 ·
I been up here goimg into my 3rd winter. This year its mild. So far only 8inches of snow, i am so acclimated that i am usually outside in 30 degrees in shorts and a tshirt. We are completely off grid. Only woodstove heat. Cook on a propane kitchen, no power yet. I have a solar panel and wind turbine system up, but its not completely wired as i get a replacement controller. But we are good. Gf still with me as well. Got a nice flock of birds.. enjoying the quiet life, and living the dream

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.