Survivalist Forum banner
58K views 228 replies 163 participants last post by  rycpunch 
#1 ·
Wondering if there's anyone else in Southern California on this board.

Would be good to, at least, meet and exchange ideas, plans, gear lists, etc. And, at best, to plan a camping expedition, and exchange skills.

Let me know either in this thread or by pm.

#225 ·
I love a good zombie thread!

Motorcycles. Split lanes. Use sidewalks, RR rights-of-way, river drains, power line rights-of-way, alleys, cross country when you have to. You'd need a detailed knowledge of the areas you go thru. A pair of bolt cutters and a small hack saw might come in really handy for opening locked gates and cutting chain link.

Greater LA covers a very large area. There are places a 40 mile range won't get you out of the urban area, let alone anywhere useful after that. In that kind of situation I'd expect your range to be greatly reduced. Stop and go will kill your efficiency.

If you can get it and your gear to the beach, a boat is a good solution for someone near the coast. Just isn't very fast and you'd need a location near the coast to try to get to. Maybe the Channel Islands?

Regardless, you need to decide exactly why you are leaving your home, where you are going and then consider what you plan to do once you get there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.