Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making the Most of the ¯Little Gun¯ Outpost75 Shotgun Forum 18 12-16-2017 11:43 AM
Your EDC kit. Martinez15 Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 75 11-28-2017 07:47 PM
SHOT 2017: New Products From Tetra Gun Care AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 02-07-2017 09:00 PM
Resources for someone just getting started? krlprep Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 14 10-28-2016 07:12 PM
The EDC of 1800s: Pocket carry of the Victorian and Edwardian Era FerFAL Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 18 02-12-2016 10:35 AM

Old 12-28-2017, 03:03 AM
Grumpy Old Bastard

Thanked 2,890 Times in 993 Posts
Default Has anyone messed around with the Pocket Shot Slingshot??

Advertise Here

Saw one at China Mart today when I was looking for the clearance prices on arrows so I can restock.

I though it was called a Pocket Rocket so I googled that and found one on Amazon.com.. Doc Johnsons Pocket Rocket..

Yeah, those things ain't for shooting anything.. Make sure you clear your history or you might have some 'splainin to do to Momma..
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2017, 06:52 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 30,859 Times in 10,843 Posts

I have. It is an ancient and effective weapon. There is an outstanding video of a guy who cuts playing cards in half at 10 yards. He also takes out a variety of vermin like squirrel.

Like using a bow, you need the strength to pull the band back enough to be lethal while maintaining a steady aim. At a kids party I pulled it out. All the guys took turns shooting at the balloons. Only one guy was strong enough to pop a balloon at 10 yards.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:01 PM
Third World'er Lunatic

Thanked 34,495 Times in 11,525 Posts

yep, one ive got is a wrist rocket, smaller game aint no issue with a ball bearing. but be advised, it will punch a clean hole thru a fiberglass car fender...........

workin on the arrows now for a 70s/80 sling bow i picked up. making one that is less likely to eat me up when i shoot..... the first one i tried, after replacing the 4 rollers with actual bearing rollers instead of a flipping plastic bushing ripped the drive rivets that held the broad head on, ( rivets were the size of a straight pin) upon retrieving the broadhead, where the cut was for the band, either had bent before the rivets let go, or shortly thereafter. im making some out of grade 2 titanium, with a insert for zwicky Eskimo 2 blade broadheads....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pos Taylor 006.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	245434   Click image for larger version

Name:	busse kukri bolo 008.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	245442   Click image for larger version

Name:	taylor arrow2.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	245450  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goblin X For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2017, 11:47 PM

Trumark slingshots are good, as are the ones sold under the Chief AJ brand.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:15 AM
statists' be statin'

Thanked 10,609 Times in 2,325 Posts

I bought one. Too slow for anything serious. I don't know if it's just that the pull weight is light or if the rubber retracts slowly when released.

A regular old wrist rocket sling shot with steel balls or marbles is much more useful in my opinion.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:06 PM
Survivor

Location: Outside the Moderate Damage Radius, over the mountain and far away.
Thanked 5,379 Times in 1,822 Posts

Years ago worked on a case where a body was found with low velocity complete perforation and through and through exit of skull. No stippling around entrance. Bevelling of skull suggested low velocity impact. Diameter of entrance suggested something around .45 cal.

Local LE intended to write it off as accidental golden BB long range, but FBI analyst continued working with NFIP and we shot cadaver skulls with slingshots and ball bearings, cat's eye marbles, etc. and determined victim was most likely a murder victim who wandered too close to somebody's pot grove...

LEOs can research back copies of FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin. Wannabes not read in can pack sand....
The Following User Says Thank You to Outpost75 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2017, 11:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,513 Posts

Honestly. A simple old school Y shaped sling shots plenty effective. Get theraband golds for making your own elastic bands. I use 45cal musket balls. Itl do a rabbit sized critter down
Old 07-19-2019, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl0an View Post
Saw one at China Mart today when I was looking for the clearance prices on arrows so I can restock.

I though it was called a Pocket Rocket so I googled that and found one on Amazon.com.. Doc Johnsons Pocket Rocket..

Yeah, those things ain't for shooting anything.. Make sure you clear your history or you might have some 'splainin to do to Momma..
It gets good reviews on Amazon, but I'm not impressed:
https://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Shot-P...dp/B00PKMI7OY/
Guess it would be lightweight to carry and take up minimal space in a backpack, but I'll keep my WristRocket.