Survivalist Forum banner

Sending your children back to school?

5K views 40 replies 29 participants last post by  Preacherboy 
#1 ·
Given the Covid-19 pandemic busting out all over the place.
No vaccine in sight, as of yet.
What are your opinions?

Sidebar = I have some serious heart/lung health issues.
No doubt Covid-19 would KILL me, if I came down with it.
Which is a 2nd aspect & the youngster could catch & bring it home to me.

#40 ·
Needs to happen. We will get to see how the virus spreads across in-person and remote districts and can then hold our governments accountable for the misguided policies they put in place.

The AAP says kids must absolutely go back in-person for a number of reasons.

It’ll also be interesting to see how parents move their kids around. For K-12, if you’re in a high tax district and it’s not looking like your kids are going back anytime soon, many parents will move to another district - why continue paying high taxes to have your kids staring at a computer all day.

For college, same concept applies. Why pay tens of thousands in tuition for your kid to stare at a screen all day.

I have zero reservations about sending mine. If other people are that terrified, keep them home and isolate. Let the rest of us get on with it. Again, made sense back in March when we knew absolutely nothing about it. Not the case now.

One of the biggest reasons, IMO, many politicians want to keep kids remote this fall is that since the science so far demonstrates kids largely aren’t adversely affected by it, if kids are in-person then that entire cohort/demographic that gets it will fall right into the case denominator, shrinking the CFR (and IFR) a thousandfold and putting it on par with influenza. The pols also get the added benefit of saying come election time, “we just wanted to keep you safe. Look what the Republicans did, they wanted to rush it!”

COVID-19, at the end of the day, will be recognized as a more contagious flu. As a general rule, it is NOT particularly deadly (CFR 3.4%, IFR <.5%). Only to those over age 75 with underlying conditions.

#41 ·
Not sending my kids back, already have curriculum. It's not because of covid19, that's over-hyped. It's because of the mitigation rules like wearing masks, disinfectants, plexiglass everywhere and temp taking and the fact you'll be getting quarantine for 2 weeks every time someone tests positive with it that they say you were close to. I'm not playing those games with my kids. Mandatory vaccinations are also on the table. It's easier to stay home

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.