Notices

Advertise Here

Old 11-22-2019, 12:14 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,422 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuteandfuzzybunnies View Post
I think the red hawk is a much beefier frame that the security six.

Ruger revolvers are tanks.
Your right, it's much beefier and I think a little bit more difficult to disassemble due to cylinder indexing and locking improvements. I would love to have one but guess I'll just hang on to the Security Six. I think it will outlast me.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2019, 02:38 AM
Awesome

Thanked 22,981 Times in 7,615 Posts

is the redhawk and the security six actually related mechanically? they look pretty much the same with the redhawk being larger, or is it just a cosmetic similarity between them?
Old 11-22-2019, 06:57 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,836 Times in 3,831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin22885 View Post
depends, do you currently have the knowledge to fix your own guns, and the tools and parts to do so? if not, then you're not prepared and i would advise you to learn what you need, and acquire the tools and parts you need, if you already have all of that, then you're good, use whatever you want

LOL...that and then some. The parts I usually order as needed although I do keep a small selection handy...just in case. There are plenty of experts puffing out their chests about their abilities, I'm not one of those people and that's about all I have to say on the matter.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:17 AM
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
LOL...that and then some. The parts I usually order as needed although I do keep a small selection handy...just in case. There are plenty of experts puffing out their chests about their abilities, I'm not one of those people and that's about all I have to say on the matter.
and thats all i am saying, you're not prepared on guns if you have to contingency for when they fail.. if someone has the skill to fix the timing on a revolver, replace or repair broken parts and have the parts and tools to do that, go for it... for those who do not have the gunsmithing skills and tools to do that, something as someone said that is simple enough a monkey could swap parts out on and get running again would better serve them
Old 11-22-2019, 11:23 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,422 Posts

Quote:
is the redhawk and the security six actually related mechanically? they look pretty much the same with the redhawk being larger, or is it just a cosmetic similarity between them?
The Redhawk uses a one piece frame that proved so successful on the Security Six so basically it's just larger and beefier. The Super Redhawk has an extended frame to better anchor the barrel as well as a beefier and longer top strap so it can be scoped. I think the SRH uses 2 springs rather than a single as did the RH and the SS but disassembly is similar.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,836 Times in 3,831 Posts

Quote:
and thats all i am saying, you're not prepared on guns if you have to contingency for when they fail.. if someone has the skill to fix the timing on a revolver, replace or repair broken parts and have the parts and tools to do that, go for it... for those who do not have the gunsmithing skills and tools to do that, something as someone said that is simple enough a monkey could swap parts out on and get running again would better serve them

Just what exactly are you saying!?!
That "I" am not prepared? I know I have a tendency to understate things, however you need not worry, I am very well prepared in this area. Fact is, all mechanical things will wear and eventually break over time and use, including firearms. So rather repair a firearm I should toss it and just pick up another one? like I was playing COD? Perhaps you are you suggesting people should only be prepared with guns that monkeys can work on? That would be ill advised...
Old 11-22-2019, 02:05 PM
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Just what exactly are you saying!?!
That "I" am not prepared? I know I have a tendency to understate things, however you need not worry, I am very well prepared in this area. Fact is, all mechanical things will wear and eventually break over time and use, including firearms. So rather repair a firearm I should toss it and just pick up another one? like I was playing COD? Perhaps you are you suggesting people should only be prepared with guns that monkeys can work on? That would be ill advised...
typo

"you're not prepared on guns if you have to contingency for when they fail"

should be

you're not prepared on guns if you have no contingency for when they fail

so what i am saying is that you're not prepared if you have no plan for when they fail, this means either being able to repair what you have, with spare parts, tools, and knowledge to do so, or backups in your main caliber you've stockpiled ammo for.. just dont rely on something not breaking, because everything is eventually going to
Old 11-22-2019, 03:19 PM
Militant Normal

Thanked 19,167 Times in 6,536 Posts

Leave off, Peter. He has to have the last word, and if he doesn't get it he'll hound you forever.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 05:11 PM
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coach View Post
Leave off, Peter. He has to have the last word, and if he doesn't get it he'll hound you forever.
which is exactly why you feel the need to comment on something that doesnt involve or pertain to you