Survivalist Forum banner

Weapons/Load Bearing Harness Project

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Rmfcasey 
#1 ·
I purchased a really nice harness system from Home Depot. Its a gear belt and suspenders combo, both were 19.99. I'm going to use this setup for a weapons platform rig with possiblity for drop leg attachments if I need them. These belts are super heavy duty and padded VERY well. I'm looking at also rigging up a system to hook gear bags to the back suspenders part.:thumb::D:

belt on sale at my depot for 19.99 - http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Tool-Storage-Tool-Belts/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbasu/R-100588238/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

#7 ·
harness with cuirbouilli armor

When you've carried as much gear as I have your body gets damaged after awhile because **** settles and bounces around in awkward ways. What if you used boiled leather armor plate molded to your back and upper chest for example to give you both mobility and stability for your gear?

It's a thought anyways.

Log

#8 ·
Back in the 1990s I hated the PLCE webbing from my army days.
It was suited to a bulky stocky soldier and that was it. No load-bearing apart from all being around the waist in pouches which flapped about. Only by extensive user-customisation with bungee cords and the like was is bearable.
Things have got a bit better now with chest-webbing and the like though...

#10 ·
I dont know how much weight you plan on carrying in the packs on the back but I can tell you those tool belts generally aren't designed for load bearing on the back. They work best for weight that is straight down and around the waist since that is what they tend to get used for. If you are doing like 10-15lb then Id say its fine but if you are thinking of a 35lb GHB you might be disappointing on how much that will kill your back and everything else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.