Survivalist Forum banner

Woodland Ops Load bearing vest

8K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  azb 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just found these Camelbak Delta 5 vests on clearance and was wondering if anyone has used one?
I've owned camelbak products before and have always been very satisfied, but, on the other hand I don't know about the quality of their MOLLE straps yet. I've bought some condor bags that left a bit lacking in the quality of their interior pocket strap fabric. Any input would be appreciated, even if you have a better suggestion.

I'm setting up a LBV for traveling fast and light on one-day durations and kinda wanted something with the water system integrated and this is about all I could find without going bigger - something like HAWG pack, I don't really need that because I'm basically just carrying binocs, machete (Cold Steel Khukri), pistol, M4 and 3 mags, compass, water, flashlight, First aid kit, small survival kit, and not much else. The camelbak pouch kit should handle everything nicely. I try to use different colors and mix OD green, tan, and digital camo to break up my outline. I've found that all black or all green stands out. What do you guys think?

#3 ·
I haven't used one of those, but I have used an FLC, and I love it. The only big problem with the FLC is that it's not compatible with a backpack, so, if you want to wear a backpack you have to load your load on the front, which ends up giving you an uneven weight distribution that feels awkward to carry. It looks like this product you're thinking about using would use the water resovoir to balance out the weight, and I think that's an excellent idea. :thumb:

#16 ·
The Camelbak D5

FLC 9

Granted, one inspires me to hike along more than the other. And, no, it ain't bubba's picture.

Is that how these load out? These are the only demos I could find without a longer time searching.
I would think that the FLC can carry gear in more places than that.

This kind of gear gives me the willies because I always want something I can shed out of in a hurry.

#4 ·
I have a Condor Vest. I use an ALICE Frame and pack Large right now. The work well together. It actually make the limited padding of the Hip Belt on the ALICE more tolerable and a bit more effective.

I dont hike with it on much because I dont want to make the sheeple feel uncomfortable.

#13 ·
Without a doubt, you are right. My thing is that I dislike the zippers on the Camelbak, that's all. It is far easier to replace the buckles than a zipper. Other than that one personal opinion, I think your idea is OUTSTANDING! and compliment you on it. Thank you very much for opening my eyes to it. The versatility of this setup opposed to old style LBE is clearly obvious.

#14 ·
Just received my Condor vest today and I couldn't be happier with it. Really long straps on the side for adjustment, so it can fit an extremely large person. My butt pack strapped right in through the MOLLE. Attachment points will work for pistol belt or battle belt, whichever you prefer. You can set it up to suit your personal likes and dislikes.

On a seperate note, I also got the new shotgun loader from Condor, purchased at OPSGEAR. It is a shotgun shell carrier that holds 25 rounds in a nice compact set up. If your primary is a shotgun, I would highly recommend it.

http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/p...gory_id/324/product_name/Shotgun+Reload+Pouch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.