Old 03-24-2020, 06:18 PM
ǝnƃoɹ ǝuoƃ

Thanked 27,615 Times in 8,142 Posts
Default CAW!

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbershabber View Post
You made some valid points.... but this line is BS

Earthquakes happen every day and hurricanes happen every year at the same time in the same places.

huh? every day and every year...
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2020, 06:18 PM

I think he is a capable business man and clearly knows how to get an economy going, but he is a terrible speaker off the cuff and he sounds like a babbling idiot more often than not. As others have said, let the experts talk and he should minimize how much he does cause he's so bad at it.

I still support the guy, and he is a far better alternative than anything else we have seen of late, really from either side if you want to cut through the BS and run a country, but his public speaking is embarrassing.

I just wish Trey Gowdy would run for president.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roy Texas For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 06:19 PM
Target Shooter

If he caught it we would never know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azreal For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2020, 06:25 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,856 Times in 3,918 Posts

I have been very disappointed and surprised. I guess I expected more honesty and transparency. But from day one he was on there saying it's nothing to worry about. Every time he talks it's always more general statements, nothing concrete, nothing specific. Or blaming someone else (whether it was actually their fault or not... blaming someone else doesn't solve the problem).

I really don't like Governor Cuomo. I don't know if I want to say on a public forum what I think of him, but I don't have a high opinion of him. I think perhaps only Hillary is lower than he is in my eyes. And if you had told me even a month ago that I'd have something good to say about him I would have laughed at you. But he's handled this very well, surprisingly well. He talks about specific things that they are doing and is actually informative.
The Following User Says Thank You to dealfinder500 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 06:25 PM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 10,898 Times in 4,186 Posts

Aww....another I hate Trump thread.

Orange man bad....lol

I hope he puts a stop to this whole thing. By Easter
America needs to go back to work.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 06:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 29,552 Times in 7,091 Posts

Trump is way out of his element and should shut up. It's working for Biden.

Trump will regain momentum, but this isn't his thing. Business is his thing. He may remind everyone of their worst boss if he isn't careful. That guy who made you work when you were sick after puking all night, while he went golfing ******* boss.

People quit on those types the first chance they get.

Now move to politics.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 06:52 PM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 8,345 Times in 3,395 Posts

Sometimes being a leader means to trust in the people you have under you to do what is right, and follow their directives as best you can. No getting in their way, not contradicting them, but trusting those you appointed as experts in their field. Especially if it's a field you know nothing of.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 07:03 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,112 Times in 3,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerFAL View Post
He just compared chinese flu with seasonal flue, he said people die anyway in car accidents and what not. I will admit, I was enterntained. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
But then again its one thing to troll people in a forum and its another to troll your own people while you are president. Whats your take and how comfortable do you feel about Trump handling this nothngburger?
I think he just laid it all out on the table swinging hoping for a home run, Hail Mary. If it ends up worst than Italy, as some are saying. Then he is going to be crucified. If it ends up not being that bad and the curb is flattened then he wins big...he has to swing for the fences because it might be his only choice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sabotage39k For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 07:14 PM
Target Shooter

I honestly think Trump's main priority is getting reelected, not helping the people. I think if there was a move that would save a million people but it is politically unpopular and he would lose the election for doing it, he wouldn't do it. And if there was a move that would cost a million people their life, but it was popular and he would get reelected if he did it, he would do it.

I have never seen a single thing from Trump that would suggest he would do the right thing even if it meant it would hurt him politically.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilychan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 07:18 PM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilychan View Post
I honestly think Trump's main priority is getting reelected, not helping the people. I think if there was a move that would save a million people but it is politically unpopular and he would lose the election for doing it, he wouldn't do it. And if there was a move that would cost a million people their life, but it was popular and he would get reelected if he did it, he would do it.

I have never seen a single thing from Trump that would suggest he would do the right thing even if it meant it would hurt him politically.
Yes....Trump 2020.
Sacrifice
Old 03-24-2020, 09:02 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,622 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealfinder500 View Post
I have been very disappointed and surprised. I guess I expected more honesty and transparency. But from day one he was on there saying it's nothing to worry about. Every time he talks it's always more general statements, nothing concrete, nothing specific. Or blaming someone else (whether it was actually their fault or not... blaming someone else doesn't solve the problem).

I really don't like Governor Cuomo. I don't know if I want to say on a public forum what I think of him, but I don't have a high opinion of him. I think perhaps only Hillary is lower than he is in my eyes. And if you had told me even a month ago that I'd have something good to say about him I would have laughed at you. But he's handled this very well, surprisingly well. He talks about specific things that they are doing and is actually informative.
I think I read something about him demanding 30,000 ventilators today. Honestly, where does he think those are going to come from? Does he think Trump is going to pull them out of his ***? Perhaps, he wants the Federal government to strip them from all the other states? He must have not had a good day when he made that demand. It made him look like a complete idiot, as if NY is the only state that matters and the rest of us can go to hell.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to da_wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 09:47 PM
Socially Distant

Thanked 14,683 Times in 2,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_wanderer View Post
I think I read something about him demanding 30,000 ventilators today. Honestly, where does he think those are going to come from? Does he think Trump is going to pull them out of his ***? Perhaps, he wants the Federal government to strip them from all the other states? He must have not had a good day when he made that demand. It made him look like a complete idiot, as if NY is the only state that matters and the rest of us can go to hell.

Gov Cuomo refused to buy ventilators in 2015 despite knowing they’d be needed

Betsy McCaughey, Chairman of the Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths is a former lieutenant governor of New York. In a column on the 18th, she pointed out that Governor Andrew Cuomo refused to buy enough ventilators to cover a pandemic, even while he had the funds back in 2015.

Instead of buying ventilators, he “asked his health commissioner, Howard Zucker to assemble a task force and draft rules for rationing the ventilators they already had.”

https://www.independentsentinel.com/...eyd-be-needed/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SurvivalOfTheFit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 10:39 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 22,558 Times in 6,494 Posts

I didn't vote for him.

But I enjoyed how much he made people hate him and I didn't really see him as any worse than any of the other presidents I've had during my life. I hoped he would turn democrats anti-government and maybe shift people a little towards my spectrum of politics. (libertarian)

I was considering actually voting for him this time around.

Now, I think he is a dangerous fool, wholly unfit and unprepared for this. A complete moron.

I still think its possible he may still win, but only if Biden's early onset dementia picks up.

Quote:
Everyone wants to Monday morning quarterback this thing...
Is not Monday morning. It's Thursday and we are realizing the coach has never even heard of the game.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 10:44 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Our governor complained that the feds did not fulfill his wish list for PPE and said they should do more to obtain supplies for the states. He then complained that when he called to obtain vents that FEMA was also trying to get some from the same supplier. Well, knucklehead, you can't have it both ways lol. The guy literally read a list of like 10 quantities saying I asked for this and they sent this instead.

Basically "I am doing everything I can, and Trump is stopping me." Taking any credit there may be and place blame for shortages on the feds. He is the joke I thought he would be.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BCseacow83 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 01:29 AM
Christian Patriot

Whether its a R or D next to the name...neither care about you or me....when we hear right wing or left wing...this implies there is a bird in the middle and both wings are attached to the same bird. both parties are rotten to the core, for all they care about is their control of the people and rich wealthy friends...I encourage you to look up how much each politician is worth and then understand if they were to take 1/10 or their wealth they could give plenty to those in need and out of work due to the pandemic...I don't say this for my own needs, I work from home and have a job to do so....and I will help those the Lord places on my heart to help.

Now with that said, for those who have seen my other post, you know I am a devout man of God, a born again Christian, a blood bought slave of Christ...I serve my Lord Christ Jesus for He is my King of kings and Lord of lords...and all of what is happening has been spoken of long ago in the Holy Writ, the word of God. for man would not write such terrible things to come upon the earth and humanity....but God being a holy and righteous God and by His very nature, He must judge not only the sin, but the sinner, for what is in the sinner, but sin.

When God asked king Solomon what he wanted, Solomon did not ask for wealth or fame...even though God blessed Solomon with these things...Solomon asked for wisdom.

Below are some of the wisest words....

Ecclesiastes 1:9-10
9 That which has been is that which will be,
And that which has been done is that which will be done.
So there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one might say,
“See this, it is new”?
Already it has existed for ages
Which were before us.

Quite simple words written almost 3000 years ago....it quite simply means...humans are doomed, because they do not learn from their past...and the pride of man, which is an abomination to the Lord, prohibits sinful man to learn any other way...that which has been done, will be done again, there is nothing new under the sun...and Trump is quite prideful..to stand there and say he is the chosen one...and not be humble and bow his knee to the God he says he knows...well, he aint no Christian, not even close...its all about him, he just uses God as a genie in a bottle to entice the weak Christian....I would encourage you to read chapter 4 of Daniel and see what the Lord God did to king Nebuchadnezzar, one of the most prideful kings that every walked the earth....it wasn't pretty to say the least...

men will take the word of all the ancient philosophers and believe it word for word...yet the word of God has been true since the ancient of ages and men will despise it....once again the sinful heart of man cannot see the truth, unless God Almighty opens the ears and eyes and changes the heart of stone to a heart of flesh.

In the end...NWO...New World Order, One World Gov...whatever you want to call it will come about by God's providence and it won't be stopped...

The Lord God is using evil and wicked humanity to accomplish His purpose...Read Proverbs 16:1, 16:4 and 16:9...

What was Agenda 21 has now become Agenda 2030...they think they are speeding up with time clock....yet God's will, will be done and it will be done on His time line.

Buckle up boys and girls, its gonna get real bumpy...real fast...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CP1776 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 03:09 AM
Bug-In Prepper

Thanked 1,074 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Something like that. He pointed out that the federal Health and Human Services had 20,000 ventilators sitting idle, and urged that they be transported to wherever in America they were most needed, which would change over time as the infection progresses.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:27 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,696 Times in 2,112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreal View Post
If he caught it we would never know.
I think we would. Hes old, fat and not exaclty healthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench708 View Post
Aww....another I hate Trump thread.

Orange man bad....lol
Ok boomer
Quote:
I hope he puts a stop to this whole thing. By Easter
America needs to go back to work.
Thats impossible. Anyone with paper and pen, 5 minutes and first grade mathmatics can see that.
The going back to work part, sure enough, that can be done and seems to be the plan. But it will be right in the middle of the pandemic. He wont be putting a stop to anything, rather the opposite.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FerFAL For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 04:49 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage39k View Post
I think he just laid it all out on the table swinging hoping for a home run, Hail Mary. If it ends up worst than Italy, as some are saying. Then he is going to be crucified. If it ends up not being that bad and the curb is flattened then he wins big...he has to swing for the fences because it might be his only choice.
I dont see the logic and clearly, theres not a single medical expert or person with the slightest understanding of whats going on advising such a thing. The only thing that works is having people stay home, for at the very least, 3 to 4 weeks, fail to do that and the pandemic runs like a wildfire. Again, not a single doctor let alone pandemic expert agrees with him. He's literally going against their recommendations on some very misguided gut feeling of his, one that doesnt make any sense.
UK took a similar apprach and now made a 180 turn. Maybe a bit too late.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FerFAL For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 06:00 AM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerFAL View Post
I think we would. Hes old, fat and not exaclty healthy.

Ok boomer

Thats impossible. Anyone with paper and pen, 5 minutes and first grade mathmatics can see that.
The going back to work part, sure enough, that can be done and seems to be the plan. But it will be right in the middle of the pandemic. He wont be putting a stop to anything, rather the opposite.
Shouldn’t you be worried about Spain? Why do you like to concern yourself with US politics?
Seems like Spain has enough problems
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 06:57 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench708 View Post
Shouldn’t you be worried about Spain? Why do you like to concern yourself with US politics?
Seems like Spain has enough problems
Its a discussion board so we discuss different topics, or do you just talk about Dominican Republic issues?

I understand you have a hard on for Trump, but many of us don’t and are capable of objective observation of the ongoing events.
Yes, I do talk quite a bit about Spain and have posted several times about the situation here. Seems you missed those...

The problem isn’t "orange man bad", the problem is more along the lines of "orange man not think, not follow what every single expert in his own government is strongly advising him to do".

Just saw Trump go into a very strange rant against journalists, trying to play along with some woman from his team who looks very uncomforable with the entire situation. Check it out 1:09.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FerFAL For This Useful Post: