Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-24-2020, 04:51 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,696 Times in 2,112 Posts
Default Coronavirus and Trump... whats your take?

Advertise Here

He just compared chinese flu with seasonal flue, he said people die anyway in car accidents and what not. I will admit, I was enterntained.
But then again its one thing to troll people in a forum and its another to troll your own people while you are president. Whats your take and how comfortable do you feel about Trump handling this nothngburger?
Quick reply to this message
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FerFAL For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 04:53 PM
Target Shooter

Honestly, I hope he's right. I tend to lean towards the side of science though and many folks in that community are warning a much longer/more difficult problem coming. That's not even touching the economic impact.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Azreal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 04:58 PM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,857 Times in 398 Posts

I think he's doing a fine job- surely just as good as any other president would have. I wouldn't call it trolling, more like mitigating panic and the economic effects. I'm sure there is more to it than meets the eye.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to 30 Pack For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2020, 04:59 PM
ǝnƃoɹ ǝuoƃ

Thanked 27,623 Times in 8,146 Posts
Default CAW!

He is foolish and an embarrassment.

ymmv
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to n1d For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 05:04 PM
Tinfoil Hat Connoisseur

I don't think he's showing the qualities of a leader. The buck stops with the president, a leader shoulders the burden even when it's not his fault. He doesn't deny responsibility.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fleeter For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 05:12 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 77,347 Times in 20,673 Posts

If this weren't an election year, I would recommend that he shut the **** up and let the professionals handle this. It would make him look more competent by showing he has the right people for the job. But I don't think he has that option with the election less than 7 1/2 months away even if he had the ability.

He needs to be optimistic yet realistic. He needs to err on the side of caution. Certain people are going to blame him no matter what and certain people are going to make excuses for him no matter what. But for everybody else, fewer people will blame him for the economy than they will for the death toll. Considering his claims of being a germophobe, he needs to follow those instincts and overreact. It's not just in our best interests, it's in his. (Not that I care about his best interests. **** him.)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 05:13 PM
Survivor

Thanked 28,150 Times in 10,531 Posts

He is clearly out of his element. You can't threaten or bribe a virus, it just doesn't work that way. He clearly is torn between letting people die to save the economy and wanting to be reelected.

I do feel for him, he is in a no win situation and can't use his normal tactics to "fix" the problem.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 05:17 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 77,347 Times in 20,673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleeter View Post
I don't think he's showing the qualities of a leader. The buck stops with the president, a leader shoulders the burden even when it's not his fault. He doesn't deny responsibility.
"Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible." -Donald J Trump
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 05:23 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,243 Times in 481 Posts

He is up there trying to put a positive, hopeful spin on it in order to put people at ease.

Comparing the disease, numbers wise, to other diseases can do that... put it in perspective.
Also, he is sending the right messages as far as hygiene and keeping away from people/staying home, etc.

He isnt doing anything reckless, he isnt issuing orders in defiance of what CDC, etc are recommending, etc.

Even going back to the early days, he did shut travel down, that was a good start... more so because that is his instinct. But when it comes to the rest of it, its not like he had people telling him one thing and him ignore it.

I can fault the guy for a number of things, but this isnt one of them.

He isnt a doctor, he isnt an epidemiologist, he knows nothing of medicine or disease.
How can I expect him to perfectly handle something that he has, none of us have never seen before? CDC and WHO were not out in front of this sounding the alarm and Trump told them to get lost...

Sure, the buck stops there.... but that is not even close to where the criticism against him is coming from.

The left and the media are trying to use this as a weapon against him and his reelection.
Look at the crap the Dems are pulling in congress... they want this to crash and burn so they can exploit it in November.

As for the media, well, this is the disaster they have been waiting for. Like that one ****head said, they want to see the economy fail.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to shibbershabber For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 05:34 PM
Survivor

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is 2nd home - Rustbelt is home base
Thanked 4,400 Times in 1,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerFAL View Post
He just compared chinese flu with seasonal flue, he said people die anyway in car accidents and what not. I will admit, I was enterntained.
But then again its one thing to troll people in a forum and its another to troll your own people while you are president. Whats your take and how comfortable do you feel about Trump handling this nothngburger?
Aaaaah......Trump is a lying con man. But he is the best choice even with all the filthy dems put together. So disregard whatever he says. Try to get the scoop from anyone other than Trump.

Talk radio is promoting 'selective sheltering'...for old people. The reps want the young people to get back to work and make some $$. Let the Chines virus chips fall where they may for the youngins. That is the new rep push.

(At least from my limited ring of sources for today.)

NY Gov on TV just now. NY Gov said to young people 'this is your new normal!'

Next story, Trump said to reopen USA by Easter.

Next story, medical professionals don't agree with Trump's Easter reopen and it will be a disaster.

Time will tell, but just don't take what Trump says as gospel. He is not playing 7D chess...he is just a lying con man that does not know truth from fiction after 70 years of pathological lies.

Still never vote dem, vote for the lying con man. Just disregard whatever he says.

That is America in 2020. Don't like it? Vote dem and destroy the country.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slackercruster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 05:38 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,622 Times in 784 Posts

Given that he is the President during the first real pandemic in 100 years, he is doing fair to good. It is not like anyone has experience with something of this scale and virulence. Ok, I guess there was a cholera epidemic that was pretty bad not to long ago, but again, that stays close to the source.

He needs to let his experts do their thing and say their peace, and not try to throw in his 2 cents.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to da_wanderer For This Useful Post:
Retired kafir

Thanked 60,463 Times in 13,662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbershabber View Post
The left and the media are trying to use this as a weapon against him and his reelection.
Look at the crap the Dems are pulling in congress... they want this to crash and burn so they can exploit it in November.

As for the media, well, this is the disaster they have been waiting for. Like that one ****head said, they want to see the economy fail.
He rips them to shreds on a daily basis so they blacklist his news conferences.

Quote:
Over the past four years, the media have done everything in their waning power to destroy Trump. They’ve smeared him as a Nazi, a Russian spy, they even used serial lies to cheerlead his impeachment. But now the media are so venal, so warped and bitter, that not even an unprecedented economic and healthy crisis appeals to their basic humanity.

These are lost souls, cornered animals, and therefore very dangerous to the health of our democracy.
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...efings-begins/

They are VERMIN.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Sam Adams was right....

Thanked 21,461 Times in 6,017 Posts

Quote:
“Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.”

― George Orwell

The above being said....

1. There is no playbook for this... (Gunnison CO excepted)

2. Refer to #1
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steverino For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 05:40 PM
Survivor

Thanked 28,150 Times in 10,531 Posts

[QUOTE=
He needs to let his experts do their thing and say their peace, and not try to throw in his 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

Now that part I can totally agree with.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 05:54 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
If this weren't an election year, I would recommend that he shut the **** up and let the professionals handle this. It would make him look more competent by showing he has the right people for the job. But I don't think he has that option with the election less than 7 1/2 months away even if he had the ability.
Why doesnt he do that? Let the people that know what they are talking about do their job, I mean. Dr. Fauci, let the man do his job. Its Cringeworthy when he starts ranting aobut how he "feels" regarding the efectivity of untested drugs with the medical profesionals next to him freaking out.
Trump then goes into "nobody imagined this could ever happened" (its "happen" by the way, just quoting his exact words)
hmm.... like, any half assed prepper, let alone any disaster management official at ANY levels knows that a global pandemic, as unlikely as it is, was always, by far, the most likely global disaster to eventually deal with. Its like saying you didnt expect an earthquake to ever hit California, storms in Florida or hurricanes in Texas.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FerFAL For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 05:59 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 60,463 Times in 13,662 Posts
Default The only thing that matters is mortality rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_wanderer View Post
He needs to let his experts do their thing and say their peace, and not try to throw in his 2 cents.
You mean like this exchange:

Quote:
Dr. Birx: The mortality rate is driven almost exclusively by what we have been talking about by people with preexisting conditions and older. So that has become from the very beginning that was our emphasis. When we started two or three weeks ago talking with one another our focus has been how do we protect those with preexisting conditions and the elderly…

President Trump: It’s a lot lower than we originally thought. Frankly, it’s a lot lower.

Dr. Birx: Yes, you know the estimate in Wuhan was originally. It was over three percent. When they (Chinese) looked outside of Wuhan it was 0.7%. In South Korea it was 0.7 to 0.8%. That’s like a tyranny of averages. That’s probably missing 50-60% of the data because no one was testing asymptomatics. Remember in every country you had to be symptomatic to get a test. So we’re making case fatality rates when we’re missing a significant part of the data.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...tgp-predicted/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 06:00 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_wanderer View Post

Yes, my points is that he's actively not doing that and doing the opposite of what said experts tell him, ignoring perfectly good examples from other countries dealing with this where he could easily see what plan works and which one doesnt. Its as as if the DOESNT like the idea of doing what he knows he should, so he just ignores all facts and sticks to his own version of how things shoudl work out.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FerFAL For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 06:08 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,243 Times in 481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerFAL View Post
Its like saying you didnt expect an earthquake to ever hit California, storms in Florida or hurricanes in Texas.
You made some valid points.... but this line is BS

Earthquakes happen every day and hurricanes happen every year at the same time in the same places.

Global pandemics, while inevitable, are not commonplace and NO leader should be held to such a high standard when it comes to such things, especially since we havent seen something like this in 100 years.

Mostly the standard being applied to him is... hindsight.

Everyone wants to Monday morning quarterback this thing...

1. He isnt issuing orders contradicting his experts
2. He is signing whatever relief package hits his desk
3. He is trying to balance the needs of the economy and the uncertainty of the virus spreading...
4. He is constantly having to take the defensive from the press who seems determined to make this about him

Its a ****ty rope to to walk.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shibbershabber For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 06:13 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,292 Times in 723 Posts

I'm done with him. The garage Republicans better come out in full force this election.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shooterm For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 06:15 PM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 21,449 Times in 7,728 Posts

I'm kind of surprised he hasn't caught it yet...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post: