Advertise Here

Old 05-03-2020, 12:49 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 34,138 Times in 11,943 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
Your comment is useless Trolling.

"Essential Workers" is not a check box on any Death Certificate.
LOL. You mean because there is no check box on any Death Certificate there is no way human beings could ever figure out this plague is so deadly that being deemed 'an essential worker' does not stop thousands who violate social distancing rules die by the thousands. Gotcha!
Be prudent, always. Worry, never. Jer 15:16
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2020, 08:30 AM

This speech from Rand Paul talks of numerous scientific studies indicating the antibody is in 25-50x more of the population than has been confirmed to have Cvirus. This translates into a mortality rate 0.1-0.2%.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2020, 09:09 AM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 38,213 Times in 10,560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
This speech from Rand Paul talks of numerous scientific studies indicating the antibody is in 25-50x more of the population than has been confirmed to have Cvirus. This translates into a mortality rate 0.1-0.2%.

YouTube
This is exactly the kinds of facts about the virus we needed before shutting down the economy.

I had read several of these studies, but since I am trained as an ME (mechanical engineer), not a MD, I was afraid I was missing something.

Not only is the death rate from this virus Tiny, a very large precentage of our population have already gotten it, beaten it, and now have anti bodies.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2020, 10:00 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 10,231 Times in 3,159 Posts

Agree
Plus Rand Paul is a medical doctor
He has worked as an ER doctor and an eye surgeon
Old 05-04-2020, 11:01 AM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 11,380 Times in 2,388 Posts

Appologies if already posted.

NY has added to its previous antibody testing of 3000 samples. 15,000 samples have now been evaluated. Results have remained consistent. 12.3% of sampled individuals tested positive for wuhan-19 antibodies. Either infection is far more widespread and mortality is much lower than previously thought or people are developing antibodies in response to exposure to something like antigens or virus particles lacking disease producing capacity. Either way it's good news.

Oddly (or not) it's not making a lot of headlines.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national...rus-antibodies
The Following User Says Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2020, 11:53 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 77,347 Times in 20,673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail View Post
Appologies if already posted.

NY has added to its previous antibody testing of 3000 samples. 15,000 samples have now been evaluated. Results have remained consistent. 12.3% of sampled individuals tested positive for wuhan-19 antibodies. Either infection is far more widespread and mortality is much lower than previously thought or people are developing antibodies in response to exposure to something like antigens or virus particles lacking disease producing capacity. Either way it's good news.

Oddly (or not) it's not making a lot of headlines.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national...rus-antibodies
Probably because there isn't certainty that those antibodies makes one immune to all strains of the virus. Considering its close kinship with the common cold, that's an important detail to find out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2020, 12:06 PM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 11,380 Times in 2,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
Probably because there isn't certainty that those antibodies makes one immune to all strains of the virus. Considering its close kinship with the common cold, that's an important detail to find out.
It is important. While studies have been limited, they do show some level of acquired immunity. My niece is an LPN. She had the wuhan virus and is now back at work in the same environment where she caught it. 17 days and doing fine. Granted, she (my canary in a coal mine) is a sample of one which means nothing. That said, I'm more swayed by what I'm not seeing. Specifically, large numbers of confirmed reinfection. There are thousands of people like her.

It's also important to understand there's a difference between immunity, resistance, and tolerance which seems to go over people's heads no matter how often it's explained. Recovery from pathogens doesn't always translate to lifetime immunity. Taking your own example of the common cold. Some catch it annually. Doesn't kill very many. Once upon a time it too was a novel virus. Now, most people have a long history of exposure and some level of resistance or tolerance. Evolution is an arms race.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2020, 09:31 AM

“There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust,” Birx said, according to two of the people.
frustrated with the CDC’s antiquated system for tracking virus data, which they worried was inflating some statistics — such as mortality rate and case count — by as much as 25 percent,
Amazing!
Old 05-10-2020, 11:57 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,615 Times in 830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail View Post
It is important. While studies have been limited, they do show some level of acquired immunity. My niece is an LPN. She had the wuhan virus and is now back at work in the same environment where she caught it. 17 days and doing fine. Granted, she (my canary in a coal mine) is a sample of one which means nothing. That said, I'm more swayed by what I'm not seeing. Specifically, large numbers of confirmed reinfection. There are thousands of people like her.

It's also important to understand there's a difference between immunity, resistance, and tolerance which seems to go over people's heads no matter how often it's explained. Recovery from pathogens doesn't always translate to lifetime immunity. Taking your own example of the common cold. Some catch it annually. Doesn't kill very many. Once upon a time it too was a novel virus. Now, most people have a long history of exposure and some level of resistance or tolerance. Evolution is an arms race.
So I heard today... (I have a relative who works in local hospital). That last weekend they had received a patient, under 40, previously sick with corona virus but was cured weeks ago. Now he/she was again sick and was brought to ER but I guess the mindset was that since patiend already had corona it must be something else... and test was positive.

I don't have more details than that, and even that much is not really "public" knowledge since it could be singled out to certain person.

Anyways, that incident was the reason why personnel not in "corona duty" but doing their regular work need to wear even more protective gear now, because that day everyone from EMTs to technicians in radiology were exposed and now they are quarantined at home for couple weeks...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KLF For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2020, 12:18 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,835 Times in 5,996 Posts

People that refuse to respect social distancing, and masking and hand washing are the ones responsible for making this last longer than it should.
I had a job that every one had to wear masks and full bunny suit all day. it is the cost of doing business.
I have an extraordinary immune system but the person I take care of is not so well off.
I do not wish weaker people harm, but with proper respect for one another there is no reason we cannot go back to work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arleigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2020, 12:28 PM
Survivor

Thanked 73,481 Times in 22,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
People that refuse to respect social distancing, and masking and hand washing are the ones responsible for making this last longer than it should.
I had a job that every one had to wear masks and full bunny suit all day. it is the cost of doing business.
I have an extraordinary immune system but the person I take care of is not so well off.
I do not wish weaker people harm, but with proper respect for one another there is no reason we cannot go back to work.
Your more likely to convince the Irish to stop drinking....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post: