US-Iran Politics - Page 11 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 01-06-2020, 08:43 PM
Grevcon 10

Thanked 38,629 Times in 9,239 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonya1 View Post
Unless you are in the military, or living smack in the middle of a major U.S. city going to a lot of public events that might be a target, I think the worst that is going to happen to you personally is you will have to pay more for gas.

There is a Disaster Preparedness section on here for that sort of thing also.
Son of a bitch. That's exactly where I put my thread and it got moved to the general-general (defacto political) section. No wonder it went to ****.

And it was a thread that was supposed to hang around for use as this thing progressed over months, providing updates and evolving issues that do relate to us, not political ****posted to page 10 in the first 48 hours. As for concerns, some people raised them. Oil prices/shortages of course, cyber warfare, IEDs and terrorist attacks, civil unrest from the Dems, anything unforeseen that pops up before this whole thing is resolved, etc.
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2020, 08:45 PM
Sheepdog in Wolf clothing

Thanked 5,159 Times in 1,662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Son of a bitch. That's exactly where I put my thread and it got moved to the general-general (defacto political) section. No wonder it went to ****.

And it was a thread that was supposed to hang around for use as this thing progressed over months, providing updates and evolving issues that do relate to us, not political ****posted to page 10 in the first 48 hours. As for concerns, some people raised them. Oil prices/shortages of course, cyber warfare, IEDs and terrorist attacks, civil unrest from the Dems, etc.
I moved it at the same time I posted below you. Unfortunately it went to crap long before.
The Following User Says Thank You to cannonfoddertfc For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2020, 08:50 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post
So you're calling a foreign national a freaking "patriot"?

I guess in your world Qassem Soleimani is the good guy.

You are not an American. You need to find somewhere else to call home since you hate it so much.
When we left Syria and deserted our allies, the Kurds, who took our place? And now, Iraq, our former friends, don't like us and want us out of their country. When that happen, unless Trump sends in another 50,000 troops, who will replace us? How about our old enemy who would love to replace us as the next empire. Russia, maybe? So, if Russia gradually gets more than a foothold in the Middle East, what will that do for us?

We assassinated an important figure in another country. What would happen if a missile strike took out Pompeo when he was visiting in Europe, what would we do?

Today trump threatened to take out 52 targets, one for each soldier killed 40 years ago, and says he will take out cultural places. Such action is a war crime (Geneva Convention) for any country to do but is it a war crime if Trump does it?
Old 01-06-2020, 08:51 PM
Grevcon 10

Thanked 38,629 Times in 9,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonfoddertfc View Post
I moved it at the same time I posted below you. Unfortunately it went to crap long before.
I dunno. Delete and try again? I'm about to give up on this forum. I try to do these threads and this happens pretty much every time lately. It's the one big use this forum has left. Especially for those of us who are already well prepared. We've had a lot of epic crisis threads on this board that have been extremely useful for tracking, gaming against, and responding to things like this. Seems those days are gone.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:56 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbait View Post
It's to stop them from controlling the Strait of Hormuz.
Strategy considers logistics.
So it is our business to have over a thousand military bases in nearly every country in the world? And to have had dozens of regime changes since 1898?

Do you love the deep state globalists when they take over a country or their territory in order to benefit the military-industrial complex? Are we supposed to be the world's police force just because we are an empire? Will we eventually be the head of a one world government with Washington, D.C. as its capital?
Old 01-06-2020, 09:03 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post
I am on field placement so won't be posting much over the next few months, but thought I would chime in here.

OK 1.

Trump is undergoing impeachment and this is actually creating even more cracks in the GOP for impeachment. I think Trump is acting in a way that he perhaps thinks his presidency is in jepordy so is taking very bold actions, and trying to get a major war occuring that will distract or recharacterize the impeachment issues.

Iran didn't really want war with the US but this is being used to give Iran everything it wanted.

a. withdrawal of all foreign troops from Iraq - this opens up Iraq for Iran to act through its Shiite proxies there.

b. Iran has now pulled out of the nuclear deal - it was previously still staying in it with the EU until this happened, even after the US pulled out of it earlier.

c. It is now willing to openly target US assets - this could include Naval assets at anytime if they come into the gulf. There is an even greater risk to any US ships that enter the gulf.

d. In the event of "high level war" this would cost America many many billions.

e. congress is in the process of limiting trumps war making capabilities with Iran, and this will tie his hands moving forward in regard to any response to Iranian retallations.

While Solemani (a jewish name) (Solomon) was killed and he was a major character in Iran, the characterization that he is unable to ever be replaced I think is flawed logic. There are many capable and smart people in Iran and I would not underestimate Irans ability to draw on intelligent people to fill his shoes.

I think what many many are waiting to see is the response ---- but like theifs in the night, attacks are best done that are unseen.

It is safe to say that Americans are now unsafe anywhere in the world where Iran has access and they could be killed at any time.

Although Irans pledge to only target the military is strong,Trumps pledging to commit warcrimes if any military targets are attacked is creating a situation that is problematic to say the least.

At the very least the US just put the last nail in its coffin in Iraq. There is no doubt this Trump action achieved the policy position that Iraqi lawmakers have been trying to get resolved for years now... the unconditional withdrawal of all US forces in Iraq.

Its done.
One of the main reasons why so many people throughout the world hate us is because we change their government heads in order to get those who allow our corporate heads to operate freely in their country. Most average citizens think this a good idea because they think that the deep state globalists are our buddies. Whenever we go to war the military-industrial complex, a tool of the Elites who run this country, we are giving them what they want.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:15 PM
Prepared

He was more like joint chief of staff.

Other than IEDs, what can Iran do. They can't project power very far, maybe attack the Saudies...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to thequintessentialman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2020, 04:59 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 81,696 Times in 23,722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequintessentialman View Post
He was more like joint chief of staff.

Other than IEDs, what can Iran do. They can't project power very far, maybe attack the Saudies...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes, I think some IEDs might be possible. I would have thought they posed a bit more cyber threat than we have seen. They hacked into a government library service or something. Pretty lame.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:59 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 2,302 Times in 924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
If Putin is smart, (and he is), he will negotiate with Trump to stay out of it in exchange for relief of sanctions.
Putin owns a gas station. And so does Iran. They sell to the same customers. He’s not going to lift a finger to stop them from being off the market. It wouldn’t hurt his feelings or bottom line one bit.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:02 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 2,302 Times in 924 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Nothing but political arguing. Mostly just foreigners troll baiting Americans with US bashing. No discussion of the survival aspects of the crisis. Yay.

This is why I don't use this site much anymore.
What survival concerns are there?

Iran can't do much to the US that is on a scale to make an individual person's risks move much beyond random asteroid strike.

Just keep your eyes open, have some sort of kit in your vehicle, and maybe limit any situations you might think are higher risk.
Maybe some attack at a recruiting center ? They are soft military targets in the USA.

But my guess is the only survival concerns are for soldiers and Americans over seas.

Iran will likely be afraid to respond they are worried trump will bomb their oil infrastructure. And they are right to be worried.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:09 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,372 Times in 4,616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuteandfuzzybunnies View Post
Maybe some attack at a recruiting center ? They are soft military targets in the USA.

But my guess is the only survival concerns are for soldiers and Americans over seas.

Iran will likely be afraid to respond they are worried trump will bomb their oil infrastructure. And they are right to be worried.
Why is it our soldiers are not allowed to carry weapons anyway? At least they would be able to defend themselves! My sometimes not so smart daughter joined the military telling me that if WWIII started , she would rather be already in the military and armed than a civilian. That didn't work out so well for her...she is now an unarmed sitting duck in DC.
The Following User Says Thank You to sonya1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonya1 View Post
Why is it our soldiers are not allowed to carry weapons anyway? At least they would be able to defend themselves! My sometimes not so smart daughter joined the military telling me that if WWIII started , she would rather be already in the military and armed than a civilian. That didn't work out so well for her...she is now an unarmed sitting duck in DC.
They just passed a rule a couple days ago that US Marine law enforcement are allowed to concealed carry on base now.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/new...-marine-bases/

"The Marine Corps has changed concealed carry rules to allow qualified active Marine law enforcement personnel to conceal carry on base while off-duty, according to a new Marine message.

The new rule allows active duty military police, criminal investigators, and Marine Corps law enforcement program police officers to conceal carry personally owned weapons while on base while off-duty as long as they comply to the 2016 Department of Defense Directive..."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2020, 10:31 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,372 Times in 4,616 Posts

Quote:

The new rule allows active duty military police, criminal investigators, and Marine Corps law enforcement program police officers to conceal carry personally owned weapons while on base while off-duty as long as they comply to the 2016 Department of Defense Directive..."
wow
so now they are catching up to the average Sheriffs deputy in any random county in the US...

I think this really sucks. Everyone on base ( past basic training) should be not only allowed but required to open carry a gun and know how to use it. WTF, they are our MILITARY. I bet every ******* in the Iranian army has a gun
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sonya1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2020, 10:50 AM

The Following User Says Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post: