Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prepared For EMP Attack ? JC Refuge Safecastle 0 02-14-2018 04:53 PM
Questions on EMP and Immediate Action for an attack warning pnello Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) Survival 40 01-30-2018 01:30 PM
EMP Attack on America palladrj Manmade and Natural Disasters 40 11-02-2017 10:04 AM
EMP Attack Threat: Mostly Nonsense to Sell Stuff to Preppers AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 2 07-24-2017 10:24 AM

Old 01-15-2019, 11:41 PM
I love this forum

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
Ddisappointing..... You are continuing to show that you are incapable of either putting up OR shutting up. (But thank you for proving us right.)

and thank YOU 'chuckles' you've proven yourself more useful since I've blocked you than you ever were before!

I'd intended letting it lay, but its too funny that your "correcting my grammer" isnt....
https://english.stackexchange.com/qu...glish-language

(I read more than I talk)
I'll now let you have the last word (unless you'd like to get back on topic)

Sorry for the derail everyone else.
"and thank YOU 'chuckles' you've proven yourself more useful since I've blocked you than you ever were before!"

????? If you blocked me how can you read my posting? You claim to have done something, but have not. What other claims of experience are you fibbing about?

Again you show the troll side of your personality.
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2019, 11:41 AM
Threepin'

Thanked 7,267 Times in 2,286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbershabber View Post
I agree with ajole ...

Nothing going to happen.

This is all the hype of hypes....
No one is attacking us, never will

Using this logic, you should also stop preparing for whatever it is you’re preparing for. Even if it is broadly being self-sufficient or less reliant on the grid. Just give it up. Nothing bad will ever happen to you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to querulous For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2019, 12:01 PM
Threepin'

Default How Likely is an EMP attack?

EMP isn’t likely. In fact it is very unlikely, strictly looking at it from a statistical possibility POV. But it is possible.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to querulous For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2019, 01:12 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,320 Times in 1,955 Posts

How likely is an EMP attack? Is wrong question! The right question would be this: "should you, personally, prepare for an EMP attack?"
Here are my answers:
1. IF you already in your "survival retreat", in a proper location (low population density etc.), then preparations for EMP might not be absolutely necessary.
2. IF your plans include even a possibility of a bug out, you better prepare for EMP.

Also, the whole "EMP preps" are not what they may appear:
-The usually discussed EMP attack is a NUCLEAR attack. Should not you prepare for a nuclear attack? Never mind EMP? And what about CME?
The Following User Says Thank You to GG42 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2019, 09:51 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,216 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
Ddisappointing..... You are continuing to show that you are incapable of either putting up OR shutting up. (But thank you for proving us right.)
You were never "right" so nothing has been proven aside from your own delusions of grandeur and your total lack of reading comprehension.

The link you posted confirms exactly what I said:

Quote:
Would of is total nonsense.
People pronounce it that way, but it is always a contraction of would have.
Keep digging the hole you're in though.
It at least has a little entertainment value, even though it's mostly mindless repetition.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snyper708 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2019, 12:44 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by querulous View Post
EMP isn’t likely. In fact it is very unlikely, strictly looking at it from a statistical possibility POV. But it is possible.

Possibly? Perhaps, but if you did not prep for it......The "Experts" would mock you........and if you did......the "Experts" will mock you......you can't win. No matter what you do is wrong, even if you over prep.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:49 AM
Threepin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckklr98 View Post
Possibly? Perhaps, but if you did not prep for it......The "Experts" would mock you........and if you did......the "Experts" will mock you......you can't win. No matter what you do is wrong, even if you over prep.

Indeed. Which is why you shouldn’t care what anyone says about your “preps,” whatever they are. Having insurance is a better option than not having insurance, whatever shape or form that insurance takes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to querulous For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2019, 06:37 AM

with the state of our sun, and earths magnetic poles converging,ie weakening in the process, protection against a solar emp should be high on the priority list. Lets hope the magnetic pole flip does not lead to mass extinction. check out spaceweathernews.com and its related website suspiciousobservers.com. for more info on that. (not my websites, just hell of lot of good info). I am looking for emp proof fabric in australia to protect my car and its contents. wont need much fuel, can syphon all the cars that will never run again!!
The Following User Says Thank You to alland296 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2019, 09:45 PM
www.jerrydyoung.com

Thanked 63,244 Times in 8,965 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alland296 View Post
with the state of our sun, and earths magnetic poles converging,ie weakening in the process, protection against a solar emp should be high on the priority list. Lets hope the magnetic pole flip does not lead to mass extinction. check out spaceweathernews.com and its related website suspiciousobservers.com. for more info on that. (not my websites, just hell of lot of good info). I am looking for emp proof fabric in australia to protect my car and its contents. wont need much fuel, can syphon all the cars that will never run again!!
Look for 20opi (openings per inch) screen, preferably copper. Make a box large enough to drive the vehicle into (including the bottom), on top of a support structure to prevent the mesh from going down into the ground. A good tarp would work. Use non conductive supports such as PVC or dry wood. Put down insulating floor or runners for the tires to get them off the screen so they do not distort the screen or force it down into the ground through the underlying protection.

Lace the last opening closed with another panel, or create openable doors that have a continuous electrical seam at all joints. Drive ground rods every four feet, at least four feet deep, preferably eight feet deep. run a heavy mesh strap around the bottom of the cage, securely fastened to the screen but not penetrating it. Strong magnets work for this. Connect the mesh strip to the ground rods. Do not let the ground rods or mesh strip penetrate the screen box. Or anything else, actually.

If you cannot get copper mesh in 20opi, aluminum will do, as will steel. Just not quite as well. Make sure no part of the vehicle or support for the vehicle touches the screen anywhere.

Smaller openings than 20opi will work great but are just more expensive.

If there is doubt about the 20opi mesh, calculate the highest frequency that will pass through them and compare that to the frequencies of an EMP. As long as there is 80db (cannot remember which scale weighting) attenuation of the frequencies of the EMP then all should be good.

If doubting the grounding, check resources about how an EMP travels, over the outside of a Faraday cage and note any statements about the cage being fully isolated from the ground (far enough/well enough that current cannot jump from the cage to ground. The point being, with the cage only a few tenths of an inch from the ground, if that much, the current will arc from the cage to the ground if it is not already grounded so it can flow smoothly into the ground. If it can, the forces on the surfaces of the cage will flow without any pressures to go through the cage.

If anything at all arcs, it will burn a hole in the cage, allowing at least some EMP entry. It boils down to complete isolation from ground to prevent extremely high currents from jumping to ground, to extremely well grounded to drain the charge safely.

Just my opinion.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,447 Times in 6,364 Posts

Has I sit here tonight by Hearth and Home roaring fire in the fire place bourbon and coke in tin cup , I can not help but think about this happening in the Winter for most folks in the USA and Europe. Weather has played major roles in battles , World Wars and campaigns throughout the History of the World. Most civilians can not function in extreme Cold or Heat but to be Honest , the Heat gets to me sometimes the Cold rarely does. Even some of my hunting buddies usually overdress and then start sweating then get sick which is no biggie PRE-SHTF but Post would likely be a death sentence. The Ops Chief side of my brain usually involves EMPCOA and EMDCOA. If I where the Ops Chief for the Enemy PICK ONE AMERICA has several including a bunch of bootlicking BOY TOYS for the CHICOMS within the establishment DEEP STATE , this weekend would be the week end to strike with a major blizzard hurtling down on the midwest to the eastern seaboard. Now we did not get much snow or sleet here just a dusting and the temps are not that bad 16 with windchill while cold not unbearable either at least not for me. One can pick your poison on this EMP , CME , NUCLEAR , CYBER , SUPER FLU BUG ETC. JMHO and S/FI!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TENNGRIZZ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2019, 10:36 PM
Dios y Tejas

Thanked 20,094 Times in 5,161 Posts

I think a CME is much more likely than a HEMP.

A HEMP is an outright act of nuclear war and would release our arsenal. I don't think the crazies are there yet. They can just wait because we are destroying ourselves at a fantastic rate. Their dominance is almost already assured.

A blast from the Sun, however, is long overdue according to NASA space weather.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sky1950 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2019, 10:50 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,353 Times in 862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1950 View Post
I think a CME is much more likely than a HEMP.

A HEMP is an outright act of nuclear war and would release our arsenal. I don't think the crazies are there yet. They can just wait because we are destroying ourselves at a fantastic rate. Their dominance is almost already assured.

A blast from the Sun, however, is long overdue according to NASA space weather.
Yeah, this. FWIW I prepare more against the Sun than the NorKs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madoc For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2019, 01:26 AM

I for one, believe that the possibility of devastating EMP attack on the United States is very real, and very likely to happen, at some point in the not so distant future.

I was able to obtain a PDF copy of a recent EMP assessment report that I wish I could share with you, but I can find no direct link to the entire report on-line that I can refer you to. The PDF file I have is 70 pages and is very detailed with realistic threat assessments.

The report is entitled ... NUCLEAR EMP ATTACK SCENARIOS AND COMBINED-ARMS CYBER WARFARE. The author is Dr. Peter Vincent Pry

One thing I found on-line that I can point to is:

https://thedailycoin.org/2018/12/02/...s-of-watchmen/

It is NOT "the" report, but discusses the report and provides some highlights. It does not come close to the contents in the full report I was able to obtain. The full report is very detailed and has some very interesting information on some recent events and the implications of what some countries are doing relative to their EMP programs. The United States IS certainly targeted.

It concerns me greatly for my kids and grand-kids. I am not a young person and may not be around when the day comes, but I do believe an EMP attack on the US will happen. If you can get a copy or access to the report, it is well worth reading. If you do have a link to the full report please post it for those who are concerned.

Another interesting report:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3946...ort#from_embed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swampguy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2019, 01:02 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,622 Times in 743 Posts

The likelihood of a HEMP is directly correlated to who believes his country/organization believes it is likely to lose a confrontation of one kind or another with the U.S. So, if Iran or North Korea has HEMP capability and if they believe that their government is about to be terminated, then the likelihood of a HEMP is quite high.

The other possibility is that if some terrorist group has obtained HEMP capability and can pull it off in such fashion that it becomes difficult to impossible to ascertain who initiated the HEMP, then the likelihood of an HEMP becomes quite likely.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:48 PM
Homesteader

Thanked 4,995 Times in 1,619 Posts

Considering how the NeoCons and the Dems want war with Russia. Considering that Russia/China and the USA all include an EMP strike as part of their official war fighting policy. Are the odds really that long? Just released report. https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...ckout-warfare/
Old 02-03-2019, 11:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,886 Times in 1,142 Posts

It’s always a possibility, just as possible as Yellowstone blowing its top.

The EMP threat has always been one of the most popular prepper fantasies