Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump Trade Tariffs tiberius Financial Forum 290 08-11-2018 10:24 AM
Field telephone price drop eBay d_s_k Communications 6 11-16-2017 03:46 PM
Odd Price Drop At Wal-Mart theblindman94 Firearms General Discussion 14 11-02-2017 12:47 AM
Best Drop away arrow rest for price? Bow Hunting Haley78 Primitive Weapons, Bows and Crossbows 0 08-14-2017 09:32 PM
Investing in stocks, complete newb theflatlander Financial Forum 34 01-24-2017 11:20 AM

Old 09-10-2018, 03:13 AM
Prepaired

Thanked 1,571 Times in 618 Posts
Default Georgia Samís Clubs price drop.

Advertise Here

If you are a Sam’s member you might want to do a walk-through. I went in yesterday to grab a few items and there’s a huge banner stating they have lowered the prices on 1,000 items. Its a price drop, not a sale. I was in a hurry and didn’t check a lot of prices but the few things I got the savings were pretty significant.

3 pack of bacon down $3.00, bag of frozen wings down $3.50, fresh salsa down $1.00, potato salad down $1.00 , and pork chops went from $1.98 to $1.33 lb.

I don’t know what instigated the drop but I’ll take it. The prices online have been updated so I swapped to stores in Florida and Tennessee to check and they have not dropped. Right now it appears to just be in Georgia.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Slclarry For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2018, 06:43 AM
Dog Lives Matter

Thanked 21,570 Times in 4,615 Posts

It's probably heavy competition from Costco and other membership stores. Maybe you are in an area where they are running a test to see if lowing prices increases sales.

Costco is trying to move to a new business model where you order everything online and pick it up at the store. I heard Costco is shutting down some of their walk-in stores and converting them to pick-up warehouses.
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Prepaired

Thanked 1,571 Times in 618 Posts

I donít know. I really like Costco but they just donít have a presence state wide. Here their business model only puts them in the wealthy neighborhoods. Almost all their stores are in North Metro Atlanta and they carry higher end/more expensive products.

There is one Costco on the south side, that wasnít performing, and that was converted to a Business Center years ago. They have recently offered home delivery, in addition to business delivery, and all that ships from the business center.

Sams are all over the state and just looking at the meat and produce prices they are going to pull from the Kroger and Publix shoppers, in addition to the competitor warehouses. Competing with Costco on the high end isnít a good idea, they may be focusing on a higher volume middle class.