Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modern Minuteman - a "theoretical" discussion Grevlin General Discussion 3587 06-17-2020 09:48 AM
Howdy from Ohio Bad Dancer New Member Introduction 19 07-29-2017 08:35 AM
What is up with out of shape militia members? Black Knight General Discussion 154 03-29-2017 08:54 AM
Campus Carry Soon to be Legal in Ohio AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 12-23-2016 11:00 AM

Old 04-22-2018, 06:12 AM

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Measuretwice View Post
Ohio does have a State Defense Force made up of naval and ground units. It is run by the state governor in case of emergencies. It is official not back yard like some that call themselves militias. By the looks of it you can be fat and old, a has been, never was or wanna be in both the back yard or official. So good luck in what ever you decide.
YEA THEIR GROUND FORCES DO NOT EVEN TRAIN WITH WEAPONS AND THE NASTY GUARD THEY ARE ACTUALLY A NATIONAL GUARD, YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT HISTORY DO YOU ? LET ME SCHOOL YOU A LITTLE BIT.

The Ohio Constitution:

Article IX 1 Who shall perform military duty. All citizens, residents of this state, being seventeen years of age, and under the age of sixty-seven years, shall be subject to enrollment in the militia and the performance of military duty, in such manner, not incompatible with the Constitution and laws of the United States, as may be prescribed by law. (As amended Nov. 7, 1961.)

The Ohio Revised Code:

5923.01 Composition and organization of state militia; definitions; troop limitation.

(A) The Ohio organized militia consist of all citizens of the state who are not permanently handicapped, as handicapped is defined in section 4112.01 of the Revised Code, who are more than seventeen years, and not more than sixty-seven years, of age unless exempted as provided in section 5923.02 of the Revised Code, and who are members of one of the following:

(1) The Ohio national guard;
(2) The Ohio naval militia;
(3) The Ohio military reserve.

(B) The Ohio national guard, including both the Ohio air national guard and the Ohio army national guard, the Ohio naval militia, and the Ohio military reserve are known collectively as the Ohio organized militia.

(C) The Ohio naval militia and the Ohio military reserve are known collectively as the state defense forces.

(D) The unorganized militia consists of those citizens of the state as described in division (A) of this section who are not members of the Ohio organized militia.

(E) No troops shall be maintained in time of peace other than as authorized and prescribed under the "Act of August 10, 1956," 70A Stat. 596, 32 U.S.C.A. 101 to 716. This limitation does not affect the right of the state to the use of its organized militia within its borders in time of peace as prescribed by the laws of this state. This section does not prevent the organization and maintenance of police.

WE ARE JUST ABOUT THE MOST ORGANIZED MILITIA OF THE UNORGANIZED MILITIA. I'M A 6 YEAR MARINE CORPS VETERAN AND THE STATE COMMANDER.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgtaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 08:02 AM
Padre in the woods

Thanked 1,207 Times in 431 Posts

Appears to me the page was taken down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet1957 View Post
Are you a Prepper ? Ex military ? looking to join a community of like minded people in case the SHTF ?? Non Military welcome also , Military ? Civilian ? makes no difference because when the SHTF we are all in the same boat arent we ? EVERYONE brings something to the table when the chips are down , Life experiences count as well as age and wisdom when the chips are down !

My name is Tom Seifert and I am recruiting for the 3rd Brigade which encompasses the areas shaded in yellow

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater If you are not in the yellow area please notify your corresponding recruiter for your county on this page

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1314227&type=3

Look forward to speaking with you and seeing you at the next meet and greet !

You can also email me at [email protected]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FoxtrotVictor1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 08:10 AM
Prepared

So, when does school begin? Be proud of being most organized of the unorganized. Chesty would be proud. Look man have fun and help a little, I am not wanting you to quit what you are doing, I am just giving options to people.
The Following User Says Thank You to Measuretwice For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2018, 10:12 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 13,235 Times in 5,594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotVictor1 View Post
Appears to me the page was taken down.
Wow , our pages were never taken down ...
Old 04-22-2018, 04:11 PM
Prepared

I think both are needed, they are very different, so any comparison would be a disservice to both. My comments before was to let people who might not be 18 and in fighting shape know they could still be of some use. I am a little sad that someone who claims to be a state commander would be nasty to the other branches. What does 6 year Marine vet have to do with anything? Should we be impressed by him or sad that they could not get anyone who had more time and training leading?
Old 04-22-2018, 05:04 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
I think both are needed, they are very different, so any comparison would be a disservice to both. My comments before was to let people who might not be 18 and in fighting shape know they could still be of some use. I am a little sad that someone who claims to be a state commander would be nasty to the other branches. What does 6 year Marine vet have to do with anything? Should we be impressed by him or sad that they could not get anyone who had more time and training leading?
The most ardent anti Militia types are always Ex Military or Law enforcement or both , which is sad because our best guys and leaders were exactly that ...
Old 04-25-2018, 11:44 AM
Prepared

Ratchet1957 and Sgtaddy I am sorry if my post seemed not to nice. I am sorry if I offended. I do believe in what you guys are doing it can make for a better state. Could you share a little more about what you do. How often do you have meet ups, camping, do guys get together with families? What about exercise programs( my biggest need)?etc etc Are you the guys I see at the Summit gun show by the restroom side next to the ammo seller? Have you helped during any power outage's or accidents? Is there a cost to joining? Do you need expensive gear?
Old 05-06-2018, 04:25 PM
Prepared

Does anyone have any info on those 2 organizations?
Old 05-12-2018, 07:11 AM
Padre in the woods

Thanked 1,207 Times in 431 Posts

I'm curious about one thing. Why is it that our regular military does not go off and fight foreign wars, and our National Guard is deployed to fight and police?

And are state militias the new guard at home to protect their states?

I realize that I'm painting with an awful broad brush, but when reading/watching/listening to news it always seems like a deployed military person overseas is usually a member of a State National Guard. On the other hand, in the past 5 decades there has been a systematic effort to shutter regular military bases has been on-going.

I can't help but believe that our nation should be growing regular military, and keeping National Guard on U.S. soil. But maybe I'm missing something.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:26 AM
POLICE DETECTIVE (ret)

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,515 Posts

Holy Cow! And here I thought all the "Militia rumors" I've heard were just Democrat propaganda! Good luck, you folks are going to need it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neut Anderson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2018, 01:39 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,031 Posts

Ever SEEN a militia? Usually just a bunch of fat nerds wanting to feel important.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:25 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticAmerican View Post
Ever SEEN a militia? Usually just a bunch of fat nerds wanting to feel important.
Our best guys were better than Avarage NG . And our training was better & more frequent ( When it came to Firearms )
Old 05-13-2018, 11:14 AM
POLICE DETECTIVE (ret)

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
Our best guys were better than Avarage NG . And our training was better & more frequent ( When it came to Firearms )
What rifles & calibers are your groups standard equipment?
Old 05-13-2018, 11:18 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neut Anderson View Post
What rifles & calibers are your groups standard equipment?
.308 with some carrying VEPR and M1A and .223/.556 AR pattern and a smattering of AK/AKM in 7.62x39 and 556
Old 05-14-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticAmerican View Post
another stupid idiot comment.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Does anyone have any info on those 2 organizations?

what organizations?
Old 05-14-2018, 09:23 AM
Prepared

The private one and the state.gov one. I read the earlier post and it seemed like an advertisement. I would like to hear from men and women who might give a glimpse into it. A story or two of helping.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:28 AM
Prepared

I think Ohio is a great place, we should be a place that preparedness and self reliance is in the front of the pack. We have a great outdoors tradition a lot of Vets, the huge Amish communities. We have a great farming and camping areas, the lakes, ponds and rivers.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:55 AM
Prepper elite

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,984 Posts

whats with the hate for the national guard ?