EDC....How do you carry it? - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many carry long guns in their vehicle Recoil9 Florida 35 12-17-2017 09:21 AM
Tips and Tricks for Concealed Carry AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 10-17-2016 11:00 AM
Kimber Pro Carry II Two Tone 9mm 4" 9 Rd from $646 shipped (price match) wikiarms.com wikiarms.com 0 10-10-2016 06:13 PM
What EDC is in your Maxpedition Micro Pocket Organizer don1911 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 9 10-04-2016 10:01 AM
EDC Recommendations 2016: Over $1000 AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 1 09-29-2016 10:05 PM

Old 10-18-2016, 12:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,732 Times in 1,796 Posts
Default EDC....How do you carry it?

Advertise Here

EDC to me is stuff I carry everyday, every where (or most).
Mine is pockets, phone and small belt pouch.

I see some y'all kits posted with a LOT of stuff in it PSK, FAK fishing gear, seeral knives and all sorts of fire kits....as well side arms and spare mags.
I'm not going camping I'm going to work.

Granted some areas don't allow CC, and seen many places that do....one must be careful on where and how you carry.

So, how do you carry all this tuff walking into Walmart?

I made a real effort to cut down to basic's to just "In my pocket and belt".
CCW gets locked in vehicle when heading into a "No Gun/Knives " area.

What do y'all do?
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ol For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 01:30 PM
Listen to the ghosts

Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,437 Posts

Same as you, in my pockets, sidearm in IWB holster in the small of my back.

Some people wouldn't consider it an EDC, but I also daily carry to and from work a small backpack with some incidentals in it.

And if I have to go into a "gunfree zone" (well, for the law abiding, anyway), then I lock it in the glove box.

The bigger challenge will be when I have to dress more professionally for the office in the near future. That is going to take some doing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ankylus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 02:06 PM

http://i.imgur.com/JyzOtzr.jpg

this is an older picture. i now carry a messenger bag as well. it now carries the CAT with the rest of my first aid kit.
in the bag i carry:

a saywer filter straw
1 liter water bottle
map of my state,
compass
lifeboat ration
another lighter
bandana
shamagh

i carry my shield at my 8 o'clock and mags at my 4. if i am going on an all day trip i usually will also drop an LCP in my right pocket. my first aid kit has all the blowout gear i might need plus feel good items such as pain killers, cold meds, and caffeine pills
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blueoct90 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2016, 02:27 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 29,007 Times in 10,166 Posts

Out in the sticks around the house its on a pistol belt. If I go to town its the fanny pack. In the winter its a day pack/book bag because I need more stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 08:19 PM
Curmudgeon in training

To me EDC is on my person. All of my EDC is on my belt or in my pockets. The type of trousers I wear for the day dictates if I have to adjust the kit.

On the belt I have my smart phone. Strong side front pocket always has a S&W 638 revolver in it snuggled in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. Strong side hip pocket has my wallet. Weak side front pocket has a Swiss Army knife and a AAA single battery flashlight by StreamLight. Also my spare change. Weak side hip pocket has my retired LEO credentials and checkbook. Most of the time I have on trousers or shorts with thigh pockets. The strong side thigh has a pair of speedloaders in it while the weak side pocket has a spare flip phone. A larger folding knife and flashlight ride in small tool pockets between the front and hip pockets. Those trousers with out the tool pockets have me clipping the bigger light and folder in to each rear pocket. If the thigh pockets are not worn then I do not carry those items.

I also have options with several bags in the car that have the extras to get home as well as other tools and support gear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FotoTomas For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 08:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,732 Times in 1,796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoct90 View Post
http://i.imgur.com/JyzOtzr.jpg

this is an older picture. i now carry a messenger bag as well. it now carries the CAT with the rest of my first aid kit.
in the bag i carry:

a saywer filter straw
1 liter water bottle
map of my state,
compass
lifeboat ration
another lighter
bandana
shamagh

i carry my shield at my 8 o'clock and mags at my 4. if i am going on an all day trip i usually will also drop an LCP in my right pocket. my first aid kit has all the blowout gear i might need plus feel good items such as pain killers, cold meds, and caffeine pills
So, You are gonna into Walmart, church...do you carry the Messenger bag?
Old 10-18-2016, 08:23 PM
You talkin' to me?

Thanked 28,444 Times in 6,787 Posts

My EDC; Pocket Knife, Phone, Kal-Tec 380. That's pretty much it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Old Soldier For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 08:25 PM
Target Shooter

Other than a gun I carry what most other people carry. Cell phone, car keys, and wallet. The gun is IWB at 8:00. I'm a lefty. Usually a spare mag in the opposite front pocket. In jeans even that got a little annoying. I think I'm getting old, because I don't wear jeans anymore. I find them too restricting. I wear cargo pants from LA Police Gear. They're $20 and nearly as good as 5.11 pants at less than half the price.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fivepak For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 10:24 PM
www.jerrydyoung.com

Thanked 63,272 Times in 8,965 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Pockets or belt pouches only.

Just my opinion.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:34 PM
Say when

Thanked 1,764 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTomas View Post
To me EDC is on my person. All of my EDC is on my belt or in my pockets. The type of trousers I wear for the day dictates if I have to adjust the kit.

On the belt I have my smart phone. Strong side front pocket always has a S&W 638 revolver in it snuggled in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. Strong side hip pocket has my wallet. Weak side front pocket has a Swiss Army knife and a AAA single battery flashlight by StreamLight. Also my spare change. Weak side hip pocket has my retired LEO credentials and checkbook. Most of the time I have on trousers or shorts with thigh pockets. The strong side thigh has a pair of speedloaders in it while the weak side pocket has a spare flip phone. A larger folding knife and flashlight ride in small tool pockets between the front and hip pockets. Those trousers with out the tool pockets have me clipping the bigger light and folder in to each rear pocket. If the thigh pockets are not worn then I do not carry those items.

I also have options with several bags in the car that have the extras to get home as well as other tools and support gear.
Every day you carry a "spare flip phone"? Really?
You realize, just 20 years ago, people functioned fine without a cell phone and back up cell phone.
I think if your one cell phone goes bad for whatever crazy reason, you'll be able to function, without the emergency back up flip phone.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cmo1037 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 10:54 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,377 Times in 532 Posts

In addition to pockets I also carry two other ways:

- Around my neck I have a length of paracord with a dog tag (medical/contact info), a micro LED flashlight, an Acme 636 whistle and a Spyderco Dog Tag Plain Edge Folder. I'm also thinking about adding a Mini-Match firestarter.
- Taped under my watch band I have a plastic handcuff key and a ceramic razor blade.

I figure if I lose everything else I'll at least have something 8-)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnmcd For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2016, 01:22 AM
Curmudgeon in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmo1037 View Post
Every day you carry a "spare flip phone"? Really?
You realize, just 20 years ago, people functioned fine without a cell phone and back up cell phone.
I think if your one cell phone goes bad for whatever crazy reason, you'll be able to function, without the emergency back up flip phone.
That could be said for everything I carry. But since I carry all of that stuff for redundancy it is not a problem. The phone has come in handy often. Usually when I run out of the house and forget the smart phone. Occasionally when the smart phone goes belly up due to use and no charging capability available. Being able to muddle through without the extras is do able but avoiding having to muddle through is a bonus. I doubt that the revolver in my pocket will ever be needed but a second handgun is always nearby. Either a smaller pistol on my person or a bigger gun in a bag. Hell, even my Get Home Bag has both a Henry AR7 and a bagged Ruger SR22. One is none, two is one. Old men like me are set in our ways and having options are a good thing.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FotoTomas For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2016, 07:18 AM

Default Most will probably laugh at me but...

I've come down to using this for my EDC: http://www.scottevest.com/ (unless I'm wearing a suit, which happens occasionally). I probably tend to carry too much, however I have found that everything fits into this very well (including a http://darkangelmedical.com/pocket-d-a-r-k-trauma-kit/), plus it works well as a concealment garment for my IWB firearm and I don't have to worry about forgetting anything when I leave the house.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colo_lab_dad For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol View Post
So, You are gonna into Walmart, church...do you carry the Messenger bag?
in most cases yea. i live in an area that has alot of college students in it. so back packs and bags are not out of place here. i also have a daughter so it could easily be a diaper bag. never been bothered once about it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blueoct90 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2016, 08:54 AM
Near The Glow

Thanked 1,732 Times in 569 Posts

My EDC varies on whether or not I'm going to work or not (firearms not allowed, but we have a shooting range we can use... it's as stupid as it sounds). I carry car keys with a small metal tool thingy in left pocket, smart phone and business card case in right pocket. Business card case has credit cards, DL, CCW, insurance and medical cards. I try not to carry cash on my person (keep it in the house and in the car), and a Boker Urban Trapper tip-up knife in back right pocket.

When I'm in general public, the same as above but I carry my Colt New Agent in a CB strong side 4:00 position as well as a spare mag in left rear pocket, and if it's getting to be the evening or we're going somewhere like the movies I'll take my Fenix PD35 also in my left back pocket. That point I feel pretty fully loaded and carrying much more would start getting in the way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagnumWill For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2016, 09:16 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,377 Times in 532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcd View Post
In addition to pockets I also carry two other ways:

- Around my neck I have a length of paracord with a dog tag (medical/contact info), a micro LED flashlight, an Acme 636 whistle and a Spyderco Dog Tag Plain Edge Folder. I'm also thinking about adding a Mini-Match firestarter.
- Taped under my watch band I have a plastic handcuff key and a ceramic razor blade.

I figure if I lose everything else I'll at least have something 8-)
p.s. I also carry a Wallet Ninja in my wallet - when I first got it I thought it would be a useless gimmick but it's turned out to be surprisingly useful on many occasions, and I can carry it on a plane with no problem (just take it out and put it in a small bin by itself when going through security).
The Following User Says Thank You to johnmcd For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2016, 09:17 AM
Officer Friendly

Thanked 2,493 Times in 720 Posts

I don't carry much stuff when I'm sticking around town. Usually my gun, a knife and a small flashlight aside from the usual stuff like wallet, keys and watch. I keep it all in my pockets.

If I'm going into the woods or far from home, I carry a little more and usually store it in a camelback
The Following User Says Thank You to Twilight For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2016, 11:17 AM
Living the dream:-)

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,048 Posts

Mostly in pockets. 9mm iwb at 3 o'clockish, spare mag in left front pocket. Kershaw blur in right front pockets. Wallet in back left. Occasionally a bandana in cargo shorts pockets and a small flashlight. Leatherman rebar on my left hip belt. and the usual car keys,cell phone, pocket lint, and change. . Pretty much that's my on body edc. I take. Ghb bag to and from the house to the car, only carry it if im taking public transport or going distances from.my vehicles. It's first aid, food,water etc. In a small hydration pack. That very rarely gets carried other than to the car and back in when I get home.

Edit...Oh and if I have to go in a no firearms location, very few of them in Pa where it's illegal to carry. But I have a cable lock safe in my trunk locked around spare tire well bracket. Very rarely is that used. But me and friends will use them or in some Jeeps a bolted down ammo can with bar locks

Last edited by Gva; 10-19-2016 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: See edit
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gva For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Original Orange President

Thanked 1,174 Times in 551 Posts

Laptop bag; I have a job.

No clue how people get away with carrying tacti-cool crap around. Must be an SEC thing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DadeMurphy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2016, 01:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,300 Times in 4,596 Posts

Much does depend one your occupation and where you work. I can’t carry a firearm on the Army installation, but this is my on-body EDC, and yes, I’ve gone into WalMart in uniform with all this:

When not in uniform, I pair it down but routinely carry at least a knife, flashlight and phone; whenever legal, my CCW.

I’m bringing back the ‘80’s fanny-pack. This is often tossed in the truck but typically not far and more for reloads and recharge/spare batteries. I also have a blow-out kit and FAK with my work pack.

EDC for me is in layers, but highly dependent on the occasion, job/task and activity.

ROCK6
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post: