Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ft. Walton Beach Fla. jme New Member Introduction 17 01-12-2012 05:24 AM
Where is walton feeds? Levant Reviews and questions 6 10-27-2011 08:58 PM
Walton Feed dustintml Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 2 03-22-2011 12:37 PM
"The Walton's" As a New Way of Life???? Doginit Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 44 08-25-2010 08:57 AM
walton feed Callie Urban Survival 9 01-23-2010 01:37 PM
Isaac Walton League. anchorbanger Firearms General Discussion 1 04-04-2009 10:31 AM
Walton Feed & Lehmans Now Selling Food From China 411man General Discussion 8 02-17-2009 07:46 PM
Walton Feed Problems BOOSHIFIED Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 13 05-26-2008 03:49 AM

Old 02-24-2016, 07:23 PM

Default Issak Walton?

Advertise Here

I was just curious if anyone has any experience with the Issak Walton clubs in Northern Virginia. I'm thinking about joining one, but want to see if you all think it's worth it. I'm particularly interested in the Prince William Chapter. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2016, 02:14 PM
CISSP

I don't know about the Prince William Chapter, but I have been a member of the Alexandria Chapter (kind of a misnomer since the club is in Stafford) for years. Bunch of fairly easy going folks that tend to be on the later end of the age bracket although we had a pretty decent jump in younger members in the last couple years. The range facilities are decent and never too crowded. I say go for it!
Old 03-07-2016, 02:55 PM

Also a member of Loudoun [LCCIWL] agrees that the league has great members and a very good location just outside of Leesburg off rt 15. Go for it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,255 Times in 610 Posts

I just joined the Lynchburg league It has a good rifle pistol/range and a real nice skeet/ trap field. Haven't meet too many people yet but the people I have meet seem ok.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:09 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,255 Times in 610 Posts

Update this place is fudd city, too many regulations, the whole time I'm shooting someone comes up to make sure I'm a member, they ask to see the magazines to make sure there is only 1 bullet in it while I'm shooting, they grip about me shooting at paper plates instead of standard targets, etc. etc.
Last time I went shooting I was interrupted every time I installed a fresh mag, the guy bit** about my targets, then he want's to try to instruct me on my stance, grip, and then bit** about my spent shell casings hitting the floor.
Not a fun experience when you feel like your passing a test or something just to go blow some steam
Old 01-16-2018, 10:01 AM

I belong to Lynchburg and have renewed for a second year. We are getting monthly 2 gun shoots going and there is Cowboy matches monthly also.

Well worth the price with the super cheap campground and fishing/swimming lake. Its 20 miles from my house and I almost wish I had bought closer.

Never had unwanted or pushy or overbearing or rude commentary. Only bit of suggesting I ever received was when the rifle range was going hot just as I arrived and a guy yelled at me-- Ears!. I was not wearing protection and that was a good thing for him to do.

Nemo